REAL SUPPORT AND WORTHY NC$OFT POLICY

Katany

Hello

In the day  24/06/2023 I went cheated by an player

he character "BloomyChrooms that i think was a friend, in the new char... robbed me
He told me he would help me get stronger and i ask who are you, he told me a friend from clan "Los Bandidos" (my first clan on Chronnos)
Asked me to pass my items to him to update them.
I followed his steps, and in the end he asked me to relog.
I'm very sad about the situation
Lineage 2 pulled me out of my depression, now I'm grounded.
I passed the items to him because he commented from a friend "Diveko and i fell trust on his words
I used to be in his clan, so I thought him was a friend, because I didn't play for a while, because of depression.
I wouldn't have thought this would happen to me.
I would really appreciate your help, because I don't know what to do.

I'm trying 1 month to LINEAGE 2 SUPPORT and no help...

i ask for SUPPORT help and they say me:  Thank you for your report on this issue. We consider scams of the nature you describe to be a player matter to be resolved in-game.

How it can "be resolved in-game." if the THIEF is free and i don't know who is, NC$oft support no matter and no help. they say for policy...

• Like 1

Hello all,

We have seen a rise in scam activity in game, and we would like to remind you to be cautious when you engage in good faith trades with other players you do not know. We have a detailed Knowledge Base article that contains information on what's a scam, what's not a scam, and popular scams that other players run in game.

To learn more please follow the link: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019735151-Beware-of-Scams

Please keep your in-game items safe and never share any personal account information with others!

Do you ask yourself from what to what he may upgrade and you not may do that alone... 
PS: you are 110 and not bealive scam as ingame situation ...

On 7/29/2023 at 2:04 AM, Katany said:

Hello

he character "BloomyChrooms that i think was a friend, in the new char... robbed me
He told me he would help me get stronger and i ask who are you, he told me a friend from clan "Los Bandidos" (my first clan on Chronnos)
I passed the items to him because he commented from a friend "Diveko and i fell trust on his words
I used to be in his clan, so I thought him was a friend, because I didn't play for a while, because of depression.

i ask for SUPPORT help and they say me:  Thank you for your report on this issue. We consider scams of the nature you describe to be a player matter to be resolved in-game.

How it can "be resolved in-game." if the THIEF is free and i don't know who is, NC$oft support no matter and no help. they say for policy...

lol.. you want to pass responsibility to NCsoft for being a dumbass?

YOU trade YOUR items to another person and then  the person does not give it back, he did not take it with force he did not foce you to give them, YOU traded the items, you had to either MAIL the items, or TRADE the items, which in both cases it comes with your consent.

Rule #1 in life, dont talk to strangers!

Rule #1 of MMO's dont trade your items to strangers!

On 7/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, Katany said:

Hello

Hello, sorry to hear that. Seems I made the same idiotic mistake a while ago XD.  There is this jerk who creates toons, sometimes very similar to our friends, and impersonate as our friends to scam newbies out of items.  Basically he tricked me into thinking he was an account of a real life friend of mines and told me to transfer my staff over to them to upgrade it and said they would give it back after upgrading. This was I believe in my first 1 or 2 months of lineage 2 and had very little understanding of the game. Needless to say, NCSOFT didn't restore my items, but it's not their fault though, they can only restore stuff under very narrow circumstances.  It's bloody scammers who take advantage of other player's naivety and trust.  What IS important is whether NCSOFT takes actions against scammers, and ban them. And to the best of my knowledge, they do.  Though it's more difficult than one may think.  Since they may use ways to hide away IPs, etc.

Regardless, even though I was a victim of this jerk, you can take lessons from it: Don't trade over things to other players.  If they are going to help you, they will tell you how to do it.  I think someone on this forum revealed who this looser is, though the post was removed due to it legally considered doxxing.  I only lost around 70b, could have been worse.

Best of luck!

I took a look at your screenshots, yep, I recognize this piece of ****.  Wierdo always uses dwarf female accounts to pull their little stunt. To the best of my knowledge, they did ban the account that scammed me, and hopefully, fast enough that the looser was not able to transfer the stuff out. But such people have ways to get around such bans via new accounts, changes in IPs, etc.

But like I said, don't just transfer gear to shady accounts.  I would suggest verifying by talking to your real life friend via discord or another social platform, odds are they will call out the scammer as what it is, and caution you against it.

14 hours ago, Valinakova said:

I took a look at your screenshots, yep, I recognize this piece of ****.  Wierdo always uses dwarf female accounts to pull their little stunt. To the best of my knowledge, they did ban the account that scammed me, and hopefully, fast enough that the looser was not able to transfer the stuff out. But such people have ways to get around such bans via new accounts, changes in IPs, etc.

But like I said, don't just transfer gear to shady accounts.  I would suggest verifying by talking to your real life friend via discord or another social platform, odds are they will call out the scammer as what it is, and caution you against it.

The problem is, i dont speak very well english, i know is my fault to trust others, but how i said i think he was friend.
Him said all about the clan LosBandidos, and confused me think was old clan member/friend.

Now i cant do nothing, im alone in the server, have no friend. 
Play solo.

I had some small items because one good play helped me by himself
Helped me to understand something about the game.

I just wanted fair play. 
but the NC$oft support only say about policy, that i don't understand.
I trade because i think was friend and to have a bit more power, the thief showed me 6T adena.  I trust him.
but all the time i said him that i dont have adena to give back.
=/

30 minutes ago, Katany said:

The problem is, i dont speak very well english, i know is my fault to trust others, but how i said i think he was friend.
Him said all about the clan LosBandidos, and confused me think was old clan member/friend.

Now i cant do nothing, im alone in the server, have no friend. 
Play solo.

I had some small items because one good play helped me by himself
Helped me to understand something about the game.

I just wanted fair play. 
but the NC$oft support only say about policy, that i don't understand.
I trade because i think was friend and to have a bit more power, the thief showed me 6T adena.  I trust him.
but all the time i said him that i dont have adena to give back.
=/

If you play on Chronos(send whisper code here) then Mail or PM me on Chronos "SammlerMull with same code(I can help you hit the Pay wall ~105/7 depending on class; you need some kind of investment for every Character after the Pay wall... )

I'm not a newbie... I can spare some lowbie stuff, or maybe someone who was truly left naked in a ditch gets a second chance.

23 minutes ago, SammlerMull said:

If you play on Chronos(send whisper code here) then Mail or PM me on Chronos "SammlerMull with same code(I can help you hit the Pay wall ~105/7 depending on class; you need some kind of investment for every Character after the Pay wall... )

I'm not a newbie... I can spare some lowbie stuff, or maybe someone who was truly left naked in a ditch gets a second chance.

Im not understand what to do

14 minutes ago, SammlerMull said:

Tell me in the PM any equipment you still have... (some Items can not be Sold/Traded/Destroyed... They would likely destroy everything that they could not steal)

I have now only exalted items, armor set and weapon bow

1 hour ago, SammlerMull said:

I think this is a clever way to verify you are dealing with the same person, however... you are relying on the cleverness of the suspected individual(to see the implied prompts while filling in forms for example).

My passcode would be: %XfTBsY... when that code is Active / every character is replaced(Capital Letters may expand possible code)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Teribeth said:

I think this is a clever way to verify you are dealing with the same person, however... you are relying on the cleverness of the suspected individual(to see the implied prompts while filling in forms for example).

My passcode would be: %XfTBsY... when that code is Active / every character is replaced(Capital Letters may expand possible code)

Well, I tried... they couldn't confirm identify by my LOGICal  means. I have no clue if xygf on forum is xygf on my server.

I really don't care what the F*** happened(you are nearly incomprehensible -> I'll never understand!!!)

3 hours ago, Teribeth said:

I sent you some event coins... or someone with your name on Chronos(I think I'd ask for a new Code  with just Alpha/Numeric characters no specials like @#$% etc).

30 minutes ago, SammlerMull said:

I sent you some event coins... or someone with your name on Chronos(I think I'd ask for a new Code  with just Alpha/Numeric characters no specials like @#$% etc).

sorry, 18JlXm42G but don't bother sending me anything more... I may hang around to see if my Dwarf female Shillien Saint should go for the New Shine Maker but I'll likely quit before New Years. (I'm posting what the OP should have PM'd) just make a code word, any characters.