Need help on class path choice

Corsten

Hello All,

I'm looking forward to trying out Lineage 2 Classic. I'm new to the game and I'm wanting to pick a class that will be mostly focused on party buffing. Something that is the rough equivalency to a Bard in Final Fantasy 11, Shaman w/ totems in WoW, or Chanter in Aion. If I've been reading the l2wiki correctly, the elf swordsinger or darkelf bladedancer might be the closest related class options.
    I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could drop their two cents on this topic. I'd hate to start a class path and be disappointed down the road.      

Thanks!

Swordsingers and Bladedancers are also heavily desired, but also need a primary buffer to really do anything themselves.

Warcryers are the best party buffers after a few patches. They're tanky, and scary as hell in Oly. Dominators are nearly required for every large scale Clan pvp. Especially if cancel sticks ever come back....

WARNING: Only go Dominator if you are part of a big clan that you level with. The Dominator's buffs are only applied on clan members where as the Warcryers buffs go to the party he is part of. So if you are a Dominator no normal group will not take you cuz you don't do anything for that party whereas the Warcryer will be loved by any party (also clan parties).

9 hours ago, Corsten said:

Hello All,

I'm looking forward to trying out Lineage 2 Classic. I'm new to the game and I'm wanting to pick a class that will be mostly focused on party buffing. Something that is the rough equivalency to a Bard in Final Fantasy 11, Shaman w/ totems in WoW, or Chanter in Aion. If I've been reading the l2wiki correctly, the elf swordsinger or darkelf bladedancer might be the closest related class options.
    I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could drop their two cents on this topic. I'd hate to start a class path and be disappointed down the road.      

Thanks!

Warcryer is the main party buffer. Your job is to buff the party and then use debuffs like fear/sleep etc.
Warcryers use Robe armor like mages and they are casters.
They are supports, not damage dealers.
Bladedancer & Swordsinger have some extra buffs called: Dances & Songs. Every party need a BD/SWS (both of them). Its a must to have these buffs.
BD's dances are offensive buffs while SWS's songs are defensive buffs.
Bladedances use dualswords. Swordsingers mostly use one handed sword/blunt or dagger + shield.
Your job is to maintain dances or songs depends on your class and then bother with enemies (lure them, debuff them etc.)
BD is more aggresive while sws is more defensive
They are supports but they can deal some dmg also.
The choice is yours

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Warcryer
https://l2wiki.com/classic/Bladedancer
https://l2wiki.com/classic/Swordsinger

Archived