Advice - levelling an EE with an SH

Zaaka

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for making another of these advice threads and I have been back and forth the last couple of days if I should do it. But I am really 50/50 on a decision and need your advice.

I really want to level an EE as my main, and not having a CP I realize I need to be able to solo. Especially early on. I decided that I will make a Spell Howler as DD to level with because 1) It's a probably the best PVE single target mage in classic. 2) It uses magic weapon and rope so I don't need to put my eggs in 2 baskets gear wise.

Now my dilemma. Should I add an SE to this setup as a 3rd box or not?

The pros are that ill have Empower and a 2nd recharger for the nuker. The cons are that there is one more mouth to feed (exp wise) and a slight added complexity to playing 3 clients instead of 2.

Now I am going back and forth with those pros and cons all the time. On the one hand even if I don't get an SE as I will be going VIP 4, I can afford some buff fruits and also have the 30 buff scrolls from the Chronicle pack. Also there is fishing for Empower buffs but that is also not free and you can use what you catch for much other stuff. But on the other hand if I take an SE with me I need to kill more mobs and it will potentially take longer time to level. Also even with the SE I still kinda lack acumen and berserker spirit.

So as you can see I cannot make a decision here. Can anyone help me with some advice / insights?

Sorry Zaaka - I'm not really answering, just piling on with a similar question - not quite sure how big the mana issues will be with SpH + 1 recharger.  Would like some help from those that have played Skelth, later on would I be running out of mana in 5-10 minutes, or able to go a buff round+ at least?

I think the plan for levelling an EE makes sense, especially early on with how crowded areas will be, single target mage pve is going to be a good choice.

31 minutes ago, Krissa said:

I'd say if you want to actually play as an EE, level it as a nuker till about 22, while trying to make friends with DDs that need a healer after you reach 20.

Thanks for your input. I tried that on Skelth myself with a Bishop. That is not working. :) You are just not getting parties all the time and end up being frustrated if you don't have a plan how to solo in the "down time" that maybe is 50% of the time.

1 minute ago, Zaaka said:

Thanks for your input. I tried that on Skelth myself with a Bishop. That is not working. :) You are just not getting parties all the time and end up being frustrated if you don't have a plan how to solo in the "down time" that maybe is 50% of the time.

Did you do it a the start of Skelth, like you will be doing now?

Anyway, you won't be able to recharge your nuker till you reach 28. Before that, you nuke with Windstrike, you nuke with Disrupt Undead, or you have a party.

6 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Did you do it a the start of Skelth, like you will be doing now?

Anyway, you won't be able to recharge your nuker till you reach 28. Before that, you nuke with Windstrike, you nuke with Disrupt Undead, or you have a party.

Yes from the very begining. But yes you are right. Lvl 22ish to 28 will be a pain since only the SH will have a proper nuke. So many factors to count in a decision like this. :)

If you're only willing to play with a mage class because of your itens, then go for SPH + BD and EE (if you're going to throw some money on stews, othewise, SE is the choice).

I'd pick (actually i'm picking it) EE + WL and PP, but its up to you.

I'd say that if you want to play an EE as a main on a grossly undergeared server, you will need to learn to think like an EE. In particular, it means no non-line-of-sight heals except for very lowbie group heal.

The best DD to box for this is Warlord (who also does not really need VR if it has a recharger), but that's more active dualboxing than with a nuker.

Never listen to people telling you to play a mage with 1 recharger because it wont work.

You need at least 2 rechargers and SH is the hardest mage to level up before you get recharge on your elders because he is the only mage without a pet that can recharge.

If you want to main EE then the best option is Warlord + ee + se/sws, but you will have a hard time finding spots to aoe at the start of the server and as a Warlord you cant really defend a spot either.

any nuker in classic need at least 2 rechargers and even then you will need to seat untill they gonna add +6 armors and until then you prob gonna leave the game...

to main a EE ...why,wtf u gonna do with it? classic isnt high 5...

if you wanna play EE go to a cp and they will give u an account with an EE .

Thanks for your advice everyone. I guess everyone plays the game for different reasons. I know I cannot "own" some people with an EE but I can still group up with people and get a nice experience with them. I am also not naive and know this won't work all the time which is why I need a solo option as well.

Based on all the advice here, I will make an SE as well so I have a good setup to solo with the SH. Level 22 to 28 will be tough before I get recharge, but I am in it for the long run here.

Thanks all!

Soloing L2 Classic with max 3 accounts is never going to be easy no matter what combination of toons you choose, Advice! Play 1 toon and join a clan cp parties or find some like minded play style guys to party up with.

My problem is that some days I can play 2 hours from 21:00 to 23:00 and other days I can play from 18:00 to 24:00. Some weekends I am there almost all the time and other I am gone for the whole time.

So I will be looking for a clan on Giran but a CP will be very hard for me. My hope is that from a certain level I won't need the other toons as much since I would be partying the majority of the time but the first levels up to like 30-40 you need to do on your own if you don't have a CP.

Archived