Returning player, need some advise/info for Othell Rogue.

Reeve

Hello people, I 'm coming back to l2 after a few years away and wanted to play an othell rogue. That being said I have no idea what the characteristics of each othell class are now (Adventurer, Ghost Hunter, Wind Rider) so it would be great if anyone could give me some info on each class like their pros and cons so I can decide which one I want to go for and maybe some advise for their setup (dyes etc). I am more PvE oriented and will probably do some casual PvP along the way, thanks!

(PS - I couldn't get access at the rogue class section that 's why I 'm posting this one here).

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, Light616 said:

Free to play? Don't play a rogue. PvP is dead and  that's the whole point of playing a rogue. In PvE you'll just hit a wall with no gear and no way to progress.

Pay to Win? You'll be supporting the exact thing that's killing this game.

Like every classe in the game. -_-

2 minutes ago, Ripoffy said:

Like every classe in the game. -_-

You can get a bit farther and be more involved by playing a support class, like healer.

Of course, anyone can do whatever they want. While in a form of a reply to a specific question like this, my comment is more on the state of the game and a reminder to NC that their game is still broken.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, Light616 said:

You can get a bit farther and be more involved by playing a support class, like healer.

Of course, anyone can do whatever they want. While in a form of a reply to a specific question like this, my comment is more on the state of the game and a reminder to NC that their game is still broken.

You can get farther than what the "L337s4uc3" players say but that's only really in the realm of PVE. I concur with your statement that a healer or iss can get farther easier.

I also strongly agree that the game is broken by Ncsoft's desire to milk the remaining playerbase..

Hey mate, what people say here is true, but you still can have some fun in the game by playing othell ! I did not play for 6 years and now the  game is different and kinda amusing, problem is that you cant make adena - so you have to use the L2Store and participate in the events with multiple acc's to generate some money! Pay2Win as ppl told you.

So about your question, Othells are pretty much the same with few different skills you can check here - https://l2wiki.com/Othell_Adventurer

I see most of the people play Ghost Hunter because of the higher dps.

In order for you to get invited in party you will need the minimum of R99 set//Kelbim weapon. 

You can get some cheap stuff to boost your dps - Baium/AQ .. you can check the shops in Aden and AH so you get an idea of the prices.

You will see there are new Cloaks in game PVE/PVP // I can advice you not to go for one even if you rly want it, adena you need for enchanting one can serve you much better!

Also don't forget now all people use ingame Built macros for XP so you can get to 100 lvl fast! 

I think at this moment all Othell classes are fun, just choose what you want to play and don't listen to others that much! 

GL//HF mate! 

Argus is spot on, sometimes you gotta just roll with what ya like to do, regardless of what others think. Play one if you like and have some fun. I'm just getting back into the game as well, so a player like myself would never berate you for playing what you find enjoyable, and I think most people would be the same way.

Archived