Need some advice

Elf

Hey Healers just came back after a long absence from the game and wanted to ask how should I start upgrading my gear and what should be my priority to get first for gear as a healer. My character is Aeore Eva's Saint lvl 97.

My gear is:

• Seraph set with pretty decent attri not all maxed though
  • Blessed Freya Neck and the rest just immo jewels
  • Blessed apo buster +5 Body/HP Mystic
  • Zaken cloak, old elemental shirt
  • Istina's Bracelet, Talisman - Destruction, Venir talisman stg 4
  • one WIT dye and a WIT hair accessory

So, what should be my general plan for gearing up this character? What should be my priority and what is it that I need to get as I go? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Hi,

Everything is linked to your goal. PvE or PvP ?

Focus first on a better set, +8 R99 robe set, full attribute.
Then focus on full +CON tatoos (+15)
Then focus on jewelry 
Then talismans
Then lavienrose
Then a +10++ ferios cloack
Then a +8 ++ shiny shirt / physical shirt / magical shirt

Abundance lvl 1 high first

then armor (at least +8 r99)

then epic jewels (mid-tier)

then brooch jewels at least lvl 3

after achieving this 4 your healer would at least be serviceable just don't expect PvPing against top-tier players this is only for PvE and up to mid-tier PvP levels :) 

@Chrysty , @AiZeN -- I should have mentioned that I 'm mostly interested to PvE and might join some PvP if needed (in case of clan support or something like that) but not interested that much and it's not my aim, also forgot to mention I have a lavienrose brooch with 3 slots.

So from what I gather I should go for Armor, talismans, epic jewels, tattoos, brooch jewels something like that. I have a few last questions if you could answer.

• I put WIT because I was thinking the crit heals but full CON is better for survivability I guess?
  • What epic jewels should I go for?
  • Apart from Abundance what other talismans should I look for?
  • Also what brooch jewels should I look for?

Thanks for the info!

- You'll max out m.critical rate easily (last I checked it caps at 30%/300 mcrit, so any more after 300 m.crit does nothing) so +CON is best for survivability.

- Epic wise I don't think stun resist works too well in PvE, though I may be wrong, it's been a while. Basically you won't get masses of boost from epics for the cost. I'm Anthy + BAnthy + BFrint + AQ Soul + Baium Soul and still got stunned often. Sleep rate will help for crowd control so I like Orfen soul as a dirt cheap PvE only jewel. 

- As Aizen said, the Abundance talisman gives a great p.def, m.def and crit dmg reduction that will help in PvE a lot. Longing + 7 signs is next after abundance, but that's a lot more adena for less boost per adena.

- Brooch wise Diamond and Pearl for the defense, emerald last for stat boost, others later.

One thing I did before I went dark was using +8 blessed R95, light or robe of +8 blessed r95 would be better than regular +8 R99. the 10% cooldown is great.

Also Eva's Rune from prestige pack is a must. I took a 2 year break and when I came back I noticed it missing immediately, even without knowing what was missing at the time.

1 hour ago, Elf said:

@Chrysty , @AiZeN -- I should have mentioned that I 'm mostly interested to PvE and might join some PvP if needed (in case of clan support or something like that) but not interested that much and it's not my aim, also forgot to mention I have a lavienrose brooch with 3 slots.

So from what I gather I should go for Armor, talismans, epic jewels, tattoos, brooch jewels something like that. I have a few last questions if you could answer.

• I put WIT because I was thinking the crit heals but full CON is better for survivability I guess?
  • What epic jewels should I go for?
  • Apart from Abundance what other talismans should I look for?
  • Also what brooch jewels should I look for?

Thanks for the info!

Like Ferine said, +CON is way more better for survavibility. For epics jewels, you don't need to take the best. Top grade PvP earing stun, Antharas / B.Antharas, B.Frint, AQ Soul, Baium Soul. And you are really good. The best would be Lindvior, B.Antharas, B.Frint or B.Valakas, Truth Seeker, Ruler's Ring.

First take a Longing, it's not so much expensive actually, if you can go to Insanity. Complete your talisman with 7s, both together is a good combinaison. Atelia Fortress talisman lvl 10 gives an extra pdef, Venir talisman can gives an extra CON stats, never worst.

For brooch jewels, try to get a 5 slots. Then Diamond, Garnet, Aquamarine, Tanzanite, then you can complete with whatever you want, following the situations, pearl, topaz, emerald ..

31 minutes ago, Ferine said:

One thing I did before I went dark was using +8 blessed R95, light or robe of +8 blessed r95 would be better than regular +8 R99. the 10% cooldown is great.

Also Eva's Rune from prestige pack is a must. I took a 2 year break and when I came back I noticed it missing immediately, even without knowing what was missing at the time.

I don't agree with your tips to keep a R95 set even blessed than a +8 R99. Don't invest money on something that you know you will change soon. Your R95 set is way enough for now you are almost 99 so just keep it and invest directly on R99 +8 set. Then slowly when you can change parts / parts to a blessed, then bloody/dark.

For Eva's Rune i agree. If you wanna continue doing only PvE, you don't need it. If you going for PvP often (not only once a month), then prestige pack is a must.

6 minutes ago, Chrysty said:

I don't agree with your tips to keep a R95 set even blessed than a +8 R99. Don't invest money on something that you know you will change soon. Your R95 set is way enough for now you are almost 99 so just keep it and invest directly on R99 +8 set. Then slowly when you can change parts / parts to a blessed, then bloody/dark.

I completely hadn't thought about slowly changing parts over bit by bit, you're right there! I always just went full set -> Next full set. :P

Thanks! Coming back after such a long time away I was really lost regarding the game itself and how I should go about building the character. I have now the general idea on how to proceed and even though it will take some time to get the items needed it's still good to know where I should start.

Thanks for the replies and I think it's also good to have such a topic here since more people might need relevant info.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived