AW viability?

wildernessbox

I've completed my assassin transfer quest and am looking at choosing to roll dagger at 40, the only issue is I can't find much in the way of documentation of the class, if they are at all viable in pve, or if the addition of skills like hide and shadow step up their viability overall.

Can anyone with some experience comment on them as a class? I mostly don't want to make the wrong choice overall and get locked out of groups/gimped in pvp later on.

AW   is Dark Elf with the highest natural Int of the 3 daggers, and therefore a light mage, allowing for kiting mobs with poison n stuff,   used creatively  you just end up hedging your mp pool like a caster.      AW  has lowest con of the 3 dagger classes,    but similar   str/dex.       So if you plan to facetank your mobs,     daggers not even for you,   but if you want to survive, go human for reliability,  DE for Offense,   and LE   for uhh fleeting pantyshots?

7 minutes ago, Strego3R said:

AW   is Dark Elf with the highest natural Int of the 3 daggers, and therefore a light mage, allowing for kiting mobs with poison n stuff,   used creatively  you just end up hedging your mp pool like a caster.      AW  has lowest con of the 3 dagger classes,    but similar   str/dex.       So if you plan to facetank your mobs,     daggers not even for you,   but if you want to survive, go human for reliability,  DE for Offense,   and LE   for uhh fleeting pantyshots?

What in the world??? Have you played this game?  Light mage?  Hedging MP pool? Similar STR/DEX?  man.

Honestly range > melee in almost all facets of the game, and although they have balanced a bunch of melee with skills PR are really OP.  So it's hard to say.  AW are still good though, just do what you think you will enjoy more.

Yeah,   AW  has spells to cast that PW/TH  doesn't,    ever figure out how poison works?   TH/PW can only bleed...   but AW can poison/bleed,  making kiting MORE valuable   PvP freezing strike,   slow 20% for 1 minute...       

TH seems better, because they make better auto attack bots,  and achieve higher level, faster.    so a lvl 80 TH would roll through with mirage (aura de-target every 3s for 15s)   and auto attack your clan into dirt,     AW is too fragile,   in the same situation,  the entire clan would beat the AW,   because con = stun resist,  I guess TH is the human (aoe dagger)   that'll burst sprint up to an individual, murder them,  shrug off CC and have the highest chance of surviving.

bottom line,   daggers are too unpredictable with complete miss's    But if you view the AW  as a  LIGHT MAGE with short range damage spells,   off-tank/pre-tank type material

Later,  with half kills and instant kills,   it's pure gambling for damage and much more worthwhile.    You'll entirely MISS your stab,  but proc lethal strike and mob = 1hp      on a 6x group mob.

32 minutes ago, Strego3R said:

Yeah,   AW  has spells to cast that PW/TH  doesn't,    ever figure out how poison works?   TH/PW can only bleed...   but AW can poison/bleed,  making kiting MORE valuable   PvP freezing strike,   slow 20% for 1 minute...       

TH seems better, because they make better auto attack bots,  and achieve higher level, faster.    so a lvl 80 TH would roll through with mirage (aura de-target every 3s for 15s)   and auto attack your clan into dirt,     AW is too fragile,   in the same situation,  the entire clan would beat the AW,   because con = stun resist,  I guess TH is the human (aoe dagger)   that'll burst sprint up to an individual, murder them,  shrug off CC and have the highest chance of surviving.

bottom line,   daggers are too unpredictable with complete miss's    But if you view the AW  as a  LIGHT MAGE with short range damage spells,   off-tank/pre-tank type material

Later,  with half kills and instant kills,   it's pure gambling for damage and much more worthwhile.    You'll entirely MISS your stab,  but proc lethal strike and mob = 1hp      on a 6x group mob.

Thanks for the breakdown, ill probably end up going AW because I like the dagger skills and variety the class offers, archer combat seems super boring compared. The fact that they added shadow step and hide should make things a bit easier later on.

Archived