Spellbooks and other fears.

@Juji @Hime

Spellbooks

Something I am curious about. I've tried 3 classic servers and this one, and from looking at l2wiki.com/classic you see the drop rates of spellbooks and amulets at an amazing 0.01%-0.05. When I started played in 2004 on Devienne server spellbooks was dropping in Ivory tower krater like rain drops during a thunder storm. You literally had your inventory full of spellbooks, sometimes either crushing them or dropping them on the ground. I am curious, why is the drop chance in these "classic versions" so low. You want us to have a classic experience then why not do it right in stead of having private server classic servers who are better than the version the "actual company" who designed the game? 

By now there's already a pattern, at pattern telling me that you more or less copy pasted L2Classic club's version and added a few tings + L2store.

Of course we will have runes. We want the old soul crystals back in the future, we want the real drop rate/quantity, we want all the old quests back, useful and useless ones. I want you to remove that nice little quest chain you implemented, because that was never in the original version. I want subscriptions back as well. The list goes on and on. I am oblivious why you decide to launch a classical version of Lineage II that doesn't resemble it at all.

35 minutes ago, EileithyiaDK said:

@Juji @Hime

Spellbooks

Something I am curious about. I've tried 3 classic servers and this one, and from looking at l2wiki.com/classic you see the drop rates of spellbooks and amulets at an amazing 0.01%-0.05. When I started played in 2004 on Devienne server spellbooks was dropping in Ivory tower krater like rain drops during a thunder storm. You literally had your inventory full of spellbooks, sometimes either crushing them or dropping them on the ground. I am curious, why is the drop chance in these "classic versions" so low. You want us to have a classic experience then why not do it right in stead of having private server classic servers who are better than the version the "actual company" who designed the game? 

By now there's already a pattern, at pattern telling me that you more or less copy pasted L2Classic club's version and added a few tings + L2store.

Of course we will have runes. We want the old soul crystals back in the future, we want the real drop rate/quantity, we want all the old quests back, useful and useless ones. I want you to remove that nice little quest chain you implemented, because that was never in the original version. I want subscriptions back as well. The list goes on and on. I am oblivious why you decide to launch a classical version of Lineage II that doesn't resemble it at all.

Ahem, this is exactly what I was warning people about. 'Classic' is not about bringing old Lineage (Chronicle) back. Lineage 2 Classic is the modern post-GoD Lineage II mechanics and client features wise, except that it tries to undo certain controversial design decisions executed back in the day, primarily regarding introducing things that do not exist in lore (dinosaurs, kamaels, awakening and/or class unification, Embryo), as well as avoiding random major updates that don't contribute to an underlying story, etc.

Classic is not about having things like they were before. Seven Signs will introduce a completely new, never-seen-before elemental attribute system (in fact, the associated slots can already be seen in character status/Alt+T dialog). In classic, SAs come from Rune stones that you level via compound and not directly by hunting; you can also trade for a Super version of a Rune stone if you don't want to risk leveling it further; weapons can have multiple SAs etc.

If you are looking for old Lineage 2, your only bet is private servers. Classic is about what Lineage II should have been instead of the Kamael / Airship+Flying Transformations / Embryo disaster.

Archived