Round shield bugged?

IamLeoARK

OK I got an Answer online thanks, Been a minute haha

The P.Def of your shield isn't added to the amount of P.Def in your status window because the shield's P.Def only applies when the text message: "Shield defense succeeded" appears when you are attacked. 

say you have 500 P.Def, and u're using a Kite Shield (142 P.Def) when u're fighting and no msg appears, your P.Def is 500, but if the msg "Shield defense succeeded" your P.Def will be 642 for the next hit you'll receive. 
If you're using a Dynasty Shield (321 P.Def) your P.Def will be 821 when this msg appears, if not, it'll still be 500. 

12 hours ago, IamLeoARK said:

OK I got an Answer online thanks, Been a minute haha

The P.Def of your shield isn't added to the amount of P.Def in your status window because the shield's P.Def only applies when the text message: "Shield defense succeeded" appears when you are attacked. 

say you have 500 P.Def, and u're using a Kite Shield (142 P.Def) when u're fighting and no msg appears, your P.Def is 500, but if the msg "Shield defense succeeded" your P.Def will be 642 for the next hit you'll receive. 
If you're using a Dynasty Shield (321 P.Def) your P.Def will be 821 when this msg appears, if not, it'll still be 500. 

So basically what I said

7 hours ago, Devoid said:

Let's not forget the most important part: shields are only for defense from ranged attacks. If you are not fighting archer-type monsters, the shield only gives you -8 evasion (unless you are using it for a set bonus).

Evasion doesn't really exist in classic. Shield still works well for tanks

Yes, shield's p.def is not added to ur p.def but it will work the moment you're gonne block an attack. The damage may get lowered or, upon a "critical block", lowered to 1 damage.

Also, shield is blocking ANY kind of incoming damage. I'm not sure it works this way even in classic but shield can block : range, close and even nukes. 
All classes using shield may block an incoming atk but, ofc, those with the Shield Mastery passive skill will have a way stronger profit to wear one. 

Evasion is pretty much broken in classic version, making it kinda useless, but in the 3.0 patch we got (archers and daggers) a boost in evasive passive skills. Light armor mastery and Boost evasion got an higher evasion amount now...so maybe we'll stop seeing daggers and archers running with the freaking Heavy sets. 

5 hours ago, xHaseo said:

Yes, shield's p.def is not added to ur p.def but it will work the moment you're gonne block an attack. The damage may get lowered or, upon a "critical block", lowered to 1 damage.

Also, shield is blocking ANY kind of incoming damage. I'm not sure it works this way even in classic but shield can block : range, close and even nukes. 
All classes using shield may block an incoming atk but, ofc, those with the Shield Mastery passive skill will have a way stronger profit to wear one. 

Evasion is pretty much broken in classic version, making it kinda useless, but in the 3.0 patch we got (archers and daggers) a boost in evasive passive skills. Light armor mastery and Boost evasion got an higher evasion amount now...so maybe we'll stop seeing daggers and archers running with the freaking Heavy sets. 

Yeah 3.0.  Which I'm sure will be broken when we get it.  They will nerf the evasion boost or something 

26 minutes ago, Decayed said:

Yeah 3.0.  Which I'm sure will be broken when we get it.  They will nerf the evasion boost or something 

We already have it. Our skills are updated to 3.0 already. Hide is not slowing you down and Shadow step stuns you for 1 or 2 seconds, if i'm not wrong. So we already have the evasion boost on passives. 

4 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

We already have it. Our skills are updated to 3.0 already. Hide is not slowing you down and Shadow step stuns you for 1 or 2 seconds, if i'm not wrong. So we already have the evasion boost on passives. 

Oh true you're right.  3.0 scaled back to 1.5 1.0.  

Archived