What Happened To My Original Toon/s?

thebully

They actually deleted inactive chars way back in around 2011 or so... It still remains as one of the worst crimes NCsoft has ever done, killing so many memories just to save a little money on the bandwidth or whatever they did it for...

It really makes you wonder if there wasn't a single guy in NCsoft who would've thought "but if we do this, we're going to take away many people's childhood memories, maybe it's just not worth it?"

On 10/10/2018 at 10:37 PM, Lightkeeper said:

They actually deleted inactive chars way back in around 2011 or so... It still remains as one of the worst crimes NCsoft has ever done, killing so many memories just to save a little money on the bandwidth or whatever they did it for...

It really makes you wonder if there wasn't a single guy in NCsoft who would've thought "but if we do this, we're going to take away many people's childhood memories, maybe it's just not worth it?"

It's all sad but so true.  I was deployed again for the Army and had no internet for months during that time.  I tried for years to get my old accounts back (characters I had played from 2004 to 2011), and NCSoft didn't care one bit.  Lost all of that time, all the characters (one that was near top-level), and all my items.  I got no help form NCSoft except the runaround for months / years.  They could care less.

Sorry to tell you - it's probably all gone, and they won't do a thing to help.

Archived