Shilien Oracle leveling dilemma

ginjuz

Hello, 

I've just started playing as a dark elf mystic and I'm thinking of making it into a Shilien Oracle. Since I have work and am about to finish up with university, I won't have a lot of time to play regularly for a while. So, I'm wondering how difficult is it to find party members as Shilien Oracle (later SE) and, if anything, does this class have much solo potential to level on its own?

Update: I've made my first class transfer to Shillien Oracle. ^_^ At the moment I'm lvl 21 with half exp for 22. I either kill green-ish named mobs on Spider's Nest solo or group with someone in Dion Hills for yellow-named mobs until lvl 25 when I can get Moon Knight armor. My biggest concern right now is adena. Should I spend any of it on shots and use in situations where damage is lacking a bit and would potentially prevent death and save the exp, or should I keep the little adena I gather from mobs and buy a mid-top D grade weapon instead?o.O

Solo is going to be very rough you will need to get into parties and fulfil your support role, otherwise you are looking to hunt undead and then you will dump your mana pool really quickly. Another option is level a DD to drag your main up, you are primed to support either nuker or melee DDs.
What server & time zone are you playing on?

You're right. I've done duo with human knight for a bit and it was much better experience than soloing. I imagine if we had a DD or nuker as well, it would have been even better as we could focus on our roles more. The problem is I came across this tank by chance. All the time I spent Looking for a party was fruitless. I saw many wizards running around but they either already were in party and didn't want more people or had no need for a healer because of solo capability, potions, buff scrolls or whatever.

I'm playing on Giran (GMT+1).

I don't think I'll do that. I'm not very fond of the idea of playing two accounts just for the sake of progress :D I'll wait for some party to show up and solo in the meantime (better that this nothing). And yes, it is unfortunate that we are on different servers.

• 3 weeks later...

Self sufficiency is a pretty good reason to play more than one account.  I suggest making an artisan or spoiler on a new account, since both have access to a great aoe skill at 40.  Or make a warlord.  Artisan actually gets a pet too, so it’s extra free dps.  Warlord is the most mana hungry, but also the safest to aoe with after 40.  Nuker is great too, but skills never miss. 

The hardest part is getting a dedicated recharger/healer.  You’ve got that already.  Make the plunge and use two accounts.  If not, you’re going to be slamming your head into the wall later.  

@Shakespear It's because of this self-sufficiency that I stopped playing my Shillien Oracle at level 30 and am now playing a Warrior who will later be Gladiator :) I just no longer see the point of being a dedicated healer/buffer/recharger when there's a box behind majority of  damage dealers I come across. They no longer need me to do that for them. Nor do they want me to because it'll mean splitting the loot. Besides, there's buff scrolls you can get as you level or buy from L2 store, if you spend money on the game.

There is the minority of players who don't use boxes yet but it takes time to find those who actually want an Oracle/Cleric in a party... :D Majority of my time leveling after class change was spent in AOE parties/leveling solo, while occasionally forming two-man ( or more) parties with even less geared players, very rarely with better gear. Was that efficient for me? No. Overall, it wasn't. Also forming AOE parties takes time... A LOT OF TIME. They tend to be stressful too if someone is not careful enough and don't follow the instructions. I can't really dish out as much damage solo as other damage dealers, so unless I want to double my time on a hardcore game I'm better off not doing that.

Which brings me back to Warrior. Now that I play one and am working on a more efficient adena over exp grinding plan, I just see no point of having a buffer myself. I am not in a rush to level faster because I need to get enough adena for full D grade gear. From level 40, as I heard, the teleports start to cost (not sure how much, but another additional expense besides shots). So, nope, I don't want anyone in my party yet, unless I'm sure that it's actually profiting me :) And no, I will not create any box because it will require additional attention and all I want is to simply enjoy the game while playing a class that I like. Thank you for your suggestion, though. I know it was out of good will ^_^

Archived