Bots...

enloch

How difficult is to have one ncsoft person on each server, literally inside "playing" the game, every day, to ban the bots? 

It seems like they never log on to the server. They look like drug dealer, sell but dont use. It seems that they dont even know the reality of the game that they offer us.

They dont ban the bots because they dont want to. I dont understand the reason, but it's very sad.

they don't ban them because they are making money with them.  they say they take bots seriously............. you can bet they do! for all the dollars the bots contribute to NCSoft's bottom line, they're good business.  that just means they don't give a flying fig about their live players.  at the rate they're going they'll have nothing but bots and adena sellers and nobody to sell the adena to... 

they refuse to put GM's in the game to ban the bots. in the end they will kill the game and force those of us who love the game to find other places to play..

4 hours ago, Beatricea said:

they don't ban them because they are making money with them.  they say they take bots seriously............. you can bet they do! for all the dollars the bots contribute to NCSoft's bottom line, they're good business.  that just means they don't give a flying fig about their live players.  at the rate they're going they'll have nothing but bots and adena sellers and nobody to sell the adena to... 

they refuse to put GM's in the game to ban the bots. in the end they will kill the game and force those of us who love the game to find other places to play..

You are right that if all the real players left they would have no one to sell to.  Heck, if the real players quit cheating by buying from them they'd have no one to sell to.  But you and I both know neither of these things is going to happen.  After all, they are still making money on the live servers, or they would have shut them down by now.  

9 hours ago, Zace said:

I don't know why they go so far to protect botters even on forums, you aren't allowed to post their names in text or screenshot. Public shaming is a great tool :D

This one is easy.  They are concerned that people will use the forums to "publicly shame" people who aren't botting, people whom they simply dislike or are at war with.  They don't want these forums to become like the hero chat on the live servers when all people do is hurl insults and accusations at other.  Besides, botters have no shame. :D  

is it really that big of an issue? so far at the lower levels you see a lot of bots but nothing that really puts a dent in your leveling....

and aside from that you get a random PM here and there for a buy adena website.... 

i guess if its as bad as it is in the lower level areas, (which its not). it's pretty easy to go a long your business and ignore them... 

3 hours ago, Baekeeb said:

is it really that big of an issue? so far at the lower levels you see a lot of bots but nothing that really puts a dent in your leveling....

and aside from that you get a random PM here and there for a buy adena website.... 

i guess if its as bad as it is in the lower level areas, (which its not). it's pretty easy to go a long your business and ignore them... 

Go take a stroll through Gorgon Flower Garden.

4 hours ago, Lawman said:

This one is easy.  They are concerned that people will use the forums to "publicly shame" people who aren't botting, people whom they simply dislike or are at war with.  They don't want these forums to become like the hero chat on the live servers when all people do is hurl insults and accusations at other.  Besides, botters have no shame. :D  

Regulars of the server know who's botting and who isn't anyway. I forgot it's 2019, people will have a mental breakdown over being called a bot so we can't allow it. So lets just close our eyes and pretend it's not happening while NCsoft does the bare minimum or nothing about it.

PD0093_1.tif&wid=1000=&cvt=jpeg

10 hours ago, Baekeeb said:

it probably depends which server you're on.  some servers much much worse than others. i've explored a couple of others and bots are there but not so bad. talking island is by far the worst...

On 2019/2/21 at 3:28 AM, Zace said:

Go take a stroll through Gorgon Flower Garden.

Regulars of the server know who's botting and who isn't anyway. I forgot it's 2019, people will have a mental breakdown over being called a bot so we can't allow it. So lets just close our eyes and pretend it's not happening while NCsoft does the bare minimum or nothing about it.

PD0093_1.tif&wid=1000=&cvt=jpeg

Went to flower garden.... more bots than npc’s lmfao

Archived