Jump to content
SMFC

Dualclass question

Recommended Posts

SMFC    0

My main is the most awesome class of all - dark summoner<3 and I have healer in dual class, and problem one with that - i need robe for healer+ it seems healer is not easy to afk with

So question comes to mind, what could I use as dualclass for easy leveling so I can still use my light set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L2mommy    5
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SMFC said:

My main is the most awesome class of all - dark summoner<3 and I have healer in dual class, and problem one with that - i need robe for healer+ it seems healer is not easy to afk with

So question comes to mind, what could I use as dualclass for easy leveling so I can still use my light set

Hello. What level is your main and your dual now? 

You'll get many people (soon probably) who will tell you this hard truth: below level 100, a Summoner is rather fun and easy enough to level. You can solo quite well if you have access to Iss buffs, and a Healer is a bonus if you know one to party with. The trouble for a Summoner comes when you need to move into Faction quests that benefit from AOE damage dealers (Feohs, for example), not target damage dealers (Summoners). You'll have huge difficulty getting into parties even if your current Summoner has decent gear. Most parties want high damage but they also want speed. Shouts for AOE will be the norm when you look in World chat or the party match system.

But, you asked about the dual class so I'll try to focus on that. A Healer can AFK in certain situations. For example, in my CP we will set up in the Refinery to do our daily quest. OUr set up allows the healer to create a macro for healing the party in one of the rooms. We've never had a problem unless someone disconnects while we're all AFK. :) But mostly we just get our quest done and we're off to the next daily. I wouldn't even try to Heal AFK anywhere else near the Blackbird Campsite - too dangerous.

An Iss can use any armor type - heavy, light, or robe (although I've never seen one in a robe). So you could use your light set on an Iss (I think +8 gives you a skill cooldown bonus). 

Thoughts:

1. Always level your Healer in a party. Bare minimum, I think, would be a +4 Robe set which should not be difficult to find. Obviously, a higher level, like +8 Robe would be better for survivability.

2. You didn't say which Healer you have. The Dark Elf has a higher Magic Attack; the Light Elf has faster casting speed; and the Human has a bigger heal (I think). Just curious, really. Healers are not going to kick butt and take names; that's not their purpose. Think group character, not a solo character.

3. During next Red Libra, change your dual class to something else, like a Yul, which also uses light armor but you'll need to buy a bow. Right now, you can use Chaos essence to only change from one type of healer to another type of healer. Red Libra lets you choose almost any class to play.

I tend to play mage classes so I'm sorry I can't give better info on all the possible choices you may have. I've found Feohs super easy to level, especially from Lvl85+.

I also enjoy playing an Iss. A Doomcryer is very sturdy and has good survivability from day one. At later levels, a Hierophant gets the POM (Power of Might) skill, which is sought after by mages and warrior classes. A Doomcryer gets Chant of Bison that buffs the whole party with a lower "POM-like" buff, but it's still better than none.

Other Iss Buffs that are worthwhile: A Bladedancer Iss gets Warrior lvl2; the Swordsinger gets Wizard 2; Doomcryers get Knight 2.

 

In the end, you should definitely play what you enjoy, no matter what. But keep in mind what most parties look for. It's hard to solo effectively after Lvl102-103 so you will need some help regardless.

Good luck! 

Edited by L2mommy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0
13 minutes ago, L2mommy said:

Hello. What level is your main and your dual now? 

You'll get many people (soon probably) who will tell you this hard truth: below level 100, a Summoner is rather fun and easy enough to level. You can solo quite well if you have access to Iss buffs, and a Healer is a bonus if you know one to party with. The trouble for a Summoner comes when you need to move into Faction quests that benefit from AOE damage dealers (Feohs, for example), not target damage dealers (Summoners). You'll have huge difficulty getting into parties even if your current Summoner has decent gear. Most parties want high damage but they also want speed. Shouts for AOE will be the norm when you look in World chat or the party match system.

But, you asked about the dual class so I'll try to focus on that. A Healer can AFK in certain situations. For example, in my CP we will set up in the Refinery to do our daily quest. OUr set up allows the healer to create a macro for healing the party in one of the rooms. We've never had a problem unless someone disconnects while we're all AFK. :) But mostly we just get our quest done and we're off to the next daily. I wouldn't even try to Heal AFK anywhere else near the Blackbird Campsite - too dangerous.

An Iss can use any armor type - heavy, light, or robe (although I've never seen one in a robe). So you could use your light set on an Iss (I think +8 gives you a skill cooldown bonus). 

Thoughts:

1. Always level your Healer in a party. Bare minimum, I think, would be a +4 Robe set which should not be difficult to find. Obviously, a higher level, like +8 Robe would be better for survivability.

2. You didn't say which Healer you have. The Dark Elf has a higher Magic Attack; the Light Elf has faster casting speed; and the Human has a bigger heal (I think). Just curious, really. Healers are not going to kick butt and take names; that's not their purpose. Think group character, not a solo character.

3. During next Red Libra, change your dual class to something else, like a Yul, which also uses light armor but you'll need to buy a bow. Right now, you can use Chaos essence to only change from one type of healer to another type of healer. Red Libra lets you choose almost any class to play.

I tend to play mage classes so I'm sorry I can't give better info on all the possible choices you may have. I've found Feohs super easy to level, especially from Lvl85+.

I also enjoy playing an Iss. A Doomcryer is very sturdy and has good survivability from day one. At later levels, a Hierophant gets the POM (Power of Might) skill, which is sought after by mages and warrior classes. A Doomcryer gets Chant of Bison that buffs the whole party with a lower "POM-like" buff, but it's still better than none.

Other Iss Buffs that are worthwhile: A Bladedancer Iss gets Warrior lvl2; the Swordsinger gets Wizard 2; Doomcryers get Knight 2.

 

In the end, you should definitely play what you enjoy, no matter what. But keep in mind what most parties look for. It's hard to solo effectively after Lvl102-103 so you will need some help regardless.

Good luck! 

thank's, so much good info here!
Yea I probably will change it to archer or mage, some people have already suggested mage but being casual player leaves me worrying about how to get that mage gear , having one set for main class and dual class would make things way more easy

then again this question, do I rly need dualclass? Except these dualclass hp toggles, what else im missing out if I just play on main?
I have already finished nobless quest, my dualclass is 87 shilen saint or whatever it is called now :D
I was asking about how to level up dualclass not cos I rly want to play something except most awesome main class I already have - summoner :P but cos I get this feeling that it is something that I must make cos of dualclass certification or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L2mommy    5

I'm glad you found some useful information from my post. Okay, let's unpack a few things further. :)

You will need someone who plays a Yul to provide advice because I've never played that class and would feel terrible to give you poor information. With your Summoner, your weapon is probably going to be a staff (one or two handed). So, right away, if you made a Yul, you will need a different weapon for it. I've read that archers need really "good" gear. I THINK that means you will need at least a light set that is +8 but +10 would be preferred (hopefully a Yul will verify this for you). I also don't know what additional Yul accessories you'd need and if those items could also be used for a Summoner.

A Mage class will definitely need different gear. Summoners (physical attacks) are not considered mages (magic attacks). Mages do need robes and a staff weapon. Accessories (jewelry, etc) would be different between the two classes as well.

Do you need a dual? Well, that is up to you, of course, but as I mentioned: summoners don't get any love in this game once you hit Lvl100+. If you want to get into parties easily, you'll need to play a class other people want. Yuls are wanted. So are Feohs. Having a dual gives you options. It could give you more opportunities to play the game rather than having to log off in frustration day after day because parties want AOE DDs.

If you eventually want to do the Exalted quests, you will need Nobless AND a dual class. That dual will need to hit the same level milestones as your main. Even if you're not sure you wanted Exalted status, already having a dual class close to the same level as your main class will save you a lot of time (and frustration). :)

Again, I thought my Summoner was the best class ever - until I hit 100 with it. Trust me when I tell you, it becomes so painful to play a Summoner later in the game that you may just quit (I know people who did because of this).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmquake    12
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, L2mommy said:

Doomcryers get Knight 2.

The Hierophant gets Knight's Harmony Lv 2 at 103. With the Doomcryer it's Crier's Harmony from Lv 85.

@SMFC Considering your play style, have you thought of making a different Summoner with your dual ^_^?

Edited by cmquake
Left out last line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L2mommy    5
2 hours ago, cmquake said:

The Hierophant gets Knight's Harmony Lv 2 at 103. With the Doomcryer it's Crier's Harmony from Lv 85.

@SMFC Considering your play style, have you thought of making a different Summoner with your dual ^_^?

Yes, you are correct, @cmquake ! I had a DC before changing it to a Hiero. I forgot that the individual buffs belong to the Hiero, BD and SwS - while DC's get the Harmonies. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0
4 hours ago, cmquake said:

The Hierophant gets Knight's Harmony Lv 2 at 103. With the Doomcryer it's Crier's Harmony from Lv 85.

@SMFC Considering your play style, have you thought of making a different Summoner with your dual ^_^?

you cant make same class your dual, right? cos I think i tried :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0
7 hours ago, L2mommy said:

I'm glad you found some useful information from my post. Okay, let's unpack a few things further. :)

You will need someone who plays a Yul to provide advice because I've never played that class and would feel terrible to give you poor information. With your Summoner, your weapon is probably going to be a staff (one or two handed). So, right away, if you made a Yul, you will need a different weapon for it. I've read that archers need really "good" gear. I THINK that means you will need at least a light set that is +8 but +10 would be preferred (hopefully a Yul will verify this for you). I also don't know what additional Yul accessories you'd need and if those items could also be used for a Summoner.

A Mage class will definitely need different gear. Summoners (physical attacks) are not considered mages (magic attacks). Mages do need robes and a staff weapon. Accessories (jewelry, etc) would be different between the two classes as well.

Do you need a dual? Well, that is up to you, of course, but as I mentioned: summoners don't get any love in this game once you hit Lvl100+. If you want to get into parties easily, you'll need to play a class other people want. Yuls are wanted. So are Feohs. Having a dual gives you options. It could give you more opportunities to play the game rather than having to log off in frustration day after day because parties want AOE DDs.

If you eventually want to do the Exalted quests, you will need Nobless AND a dual class. That dual will need to hit the same level milestones as your main. Even if you're not sure you wanted Exalted status, already having a dual class close to the same level as your main class will save you a lot of time (and frustration). :)

Again, I thought my Summoner was the best class ever - until I hit 100 with it. Trust me when I tell you, it becomes so painful to play a Summoner later in the game that you may just quit (I know people who did because of this).  

Ok then , you convinced me 100% that I need mage or archer as a dual to be able to play 100+
But first, I will afk as hard as I can to get to 100 :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helv    75
21 hours ago, SMFC said:

My main is the most awesome class of all - dark summoner<3 and I have healer in dual class, and problem one with that - i need robe for healer

No, you don't :) A healer also has a light mastery, my main is a wynn and I have a healer as a dual, I use Light Armor for both classes since i hit lvl 99 and I consider it a good choice. However, gear-wsie it's better to have a warrior dd type as a sub, so the yul you mentioned is a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0
1 hour ago, Helv said:

No, you don't :) A healer also has a light mastery, my main is a wynn and I have a healer as a dual, I use Light Armor for both classes since i hit lvl 99 and I consider it a good choice. However, gear-wsie it's better to have a warrior dd type as a sub, so the yul you mentioned is a good choice.

thank's for your input, I was considering healer in light cos it seems that casting speed is good anyway under full buff but archer would be better and easier to exp with my iss in duo

I have to wait for that red libra event tho, to change dual class tho to not lose some skills i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0

question about dualclass re-awakening

When i did reset my healer 87 dualclass master sad that I will have human characteristics, what's that? I see no difference between stats when I look at my summoner and spellhowler , about what characteristic is that npc talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kkkkkkkkkk    4
On 3/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, SMFC said:

question about dualclass re-awakening

When i did reset my healer 87 dualclass master sad that I will have human characteristics, what's that? I see no difference between stats when I look at my summoner and spellhowler , about what characteristic is that npc talking about?

basic stat of race it meant. str int and so on

for example u are dark elf so u see no diff between main and dualclass

if you are human but have dualclass spellhowler so your dualclass take basic stat from human race for mage not dark elf.

i think u know many like dark elf coz it got the highest stat for str and int

so many yul and feoh is made from dark elf race regardless of class

Edited by kkkkkkkkkk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMFC    0
15 minutes ago, kkkkkkkkkk said:

basic stat of race it meant. str int and so on

for example u are dark elf so u see no diff between main and dualclass

if you are human but have dualclass spellhowler so your dualclass take basic stat from human race for mage not dark elf.

i think u know many like dark elf coz it got the highest stat for str and int

so many yul and feoh is made from dark elf race regardless of class

Oh I see, ty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kkkkkkkkkk    4

just to add 1 more class for example tank. if you wanna make it try make orc then pick dual as tank. it got the highest con. elf got highest wit/dex meaning for class u want the max for atk speed/cast speed. ofc if u have good gear atk speed and cast speed will be maxed out from gear alone but if u dont have many items its another choice to consider.

many ways to customize your toon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×