Drop rate? What does this mean?

Juanco

I would like to know how this helps:

Increases Item drop rate +100%

that rune works only for me? Or for all party? And what exactly does it do,? 

if I get 1 enchant weapon from kalios then with this rune  I would get 2? Or how?

Edited by Juanco

+100% increase drop rate means your drop rate chance is double. If there is a chance for a monster to drop enchant weapon 5% with the rune the chance will be 10%, so you do not get 2 enchants at the end, but just your chance of getting 1 enchant will be 10%.

If you are in party and you want to increase the drop chance of items while you are farming/xping, the best is for all members to have the rune, if only 1 person in the group has it, drop chance will be crap :D 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

+100% increase drop rate means your drop rate chance is double. If there is a chance for a monster to drop enchant weapon 5% with the rune the chance will be 10%, so you do not get 2 enchants at the end, but just your chance of getting 1 enchant will be 10%.

If you are in party and you want to increase the drop chance of items while you are farming/xping, the best is for all members to have the rune, if only 1 person in the group has it, drop chance will be crap :D 

For your rune drop chance in a party will work like this, if u gave 100% rune and the rest of party doesn't 100% chance is split in a number of party members,  so if there is 7 party members it will be 100/7=14.28% drop chance increase for the whole party. 

If I remember correctly, in the old forums was stated by juji that l2 works on damage contribution. So basically only if the player who made most dmg on the enemy has a drop rune the bonus drop rate will trigger and you also need to remember the diminishing factor applied by level difference when you are over the level of the monster.

In short terms if you solo hunt and you have a drop rune and as el1te said if the ewr has a 5% drop it will go up to 10% if you have a 100% drop rate rune.

But in parties the thing gets more tricky cos the owner of the rune need to have the most dmg contributed to the mob life to apply the rune bonus.

23 hours ago, El1te said:

For your rune drop chance in a party will work like this, if u gave 100% rune and the rest of party doesn't 100% chance is split in a number of party members,  so if there is 7 party members it will be 100/7=14.28% drop chance increase for the whole party. 

Yes, if 1 person has the drop rune in a full pt I will repeat myself, drop rate will be crap. 1 person having a drop rune in a full party means = 0 efficiency sadly this is the reality of Lineage 2 nowadays.