World Olympiad

TheThrax

So, I read what competition got...news are not good. I think Devs are trying to kill this competition for overseason servers....
First:
The World Olympiad takes place on Friday and Wednesday from 8 p.m. till 12 p.m. (4 hours) server time (registration is available till 11.40 p.m.).

It seems it will be onlyone GMT or It will be x2 competition(for each server GMT).

Second:

You can participate in 25 battles per week in total.The minimal amount of battles required to get the Hero/ Legend status is 25 for a cycle.

So from 10 to 25 battles but the important change is 1 battle have x3 rounds of 300 seconds.

Her comes the trick:
For each battle won you can get 10 marks, if you lose you get 4 marks.
At the end of month, depends of your result, you receive Olympiad points(lets say you are in first 25% and you get 55 olympiad points)
You can exchage your olympiad point for marks of battle(50 olympiad points=1 mark of battle).

Now, doing the math, you play 100 battles and lose 50%>>>700 marks+1 mark from oly points=701 marks.

Oh, the trick is all the prices for oly goods stay the same(Superior Giant's Codex - Mastery=600marks;Hero's Ring =2200 marks, etc).

So, in my eyes....finally they manage to nefert Olympiad.
The good thing is you dont need to do oly for exhalted quest.

Read full process here.

You've missed the thing that you start when 1000 points now. Your computations are completely random and most importantly - wrong.

Also, oly rewards need nerfing anyway, too many people abuse it with lowbie chars, instead of actually competing.

i really would like to try this Oly thing as a newb but everytime i can play which is at night Mountain standard time the OLY manager says its not happening.

along time ago when i played this game the level of character only went to 75 and everyone would hang out at an arena to test each others pvp skills with out going red and dropping gear. was a fun place but i cant remember exactly where it was at. but i remember once you hit lvl 75 there was really not much else to do but hang out in the arena.

does stuff like that still happen anywhere?

14 hours ago, mixa said:

You've missed the thing that you start when 1000 points now. Your computations are completely random and most importantly - wrong.

Also, oly rewards need nerfing anyway, too many people abuse it with lowbie chars, instead of actually competing.

Yes, you are right...I miss the part with 1000 points xD.
In this light is not so bad, its even better for regular players.
The nerf is only for boxes...25x3 rounds sounds bad.