Massive disconnects!

Quanar

@Juji @Hime 

no answer about the high amount of disconnections? Only today in two hours I took 5 disconnections, constantly my friends also complain about problems to stay connected while the internet presents high download and low ping. Does this have anything to do with the merge? or is it simply your servers full due to worldwide quarantine? 

I don't know what you can do about it, but certainly the servers are not normal and it is very easy to see on the party machine that they are full.

On 27/03/2020 at 8:21 AM, Quanar said:

Hello!

we experience massive disconnects on at least Giran Server, please fix it!

Thanks!

Talking Island server connection is terribly unstable as well. I'm trying to log in to a PT FULL, but after a few minutes several members of the PT are disconnected.. We are all struggling to be able to play right now.

I think a major portion of the problem is that ISPs usually over subscribe for the amount of bandwidth they have. That usually means some slowdown during specific peak usage hours. Since people don't tend to be all on the internet at the same time due to jobs, school, social events and such. COVID-19 is causing more people than ever to stay home and avoid in person social contacts (ordered or voluntarily). This means more people using their internet connections to stream, game, browse the web etc. That extra load is straining the infrastructure of the internet in many areas. This is such a big problem that websites like Youtube/netflix/etc have taken measures to try to lower bandwidth usage by decreasing the default quality setting for videos. Packet loss can easily cause Lineage 2 to disconnect while having no noticeable effect on video streaming/etc.

So while your internet provider might be "amazing" and "perfect" the same can't be said for all the providers between your provider and the service you're trying to access.I haven't had any issues since the one I mentioned earlier in this thread. It helps a lot that I'm physically close to the datacenter.

Edited by Tool_of_Society