Noob question regarding Chant of Bison

XelNadu

Hello,

Very noob question, but here it goes. What exactly does Chant of Bison do and why does it have 5 minutes active / 10 minutes cooldown when Prophecy of might has 5 min active 5 min cooldown?

Screenshot from the live server + l2wiki:

rDQXNZr.png2Itwauq.png

Is the L2wiki outdated? Does this skill give +15% P. Atk, +15% P. Skill damage, +15% M. Skill damage and Crit rate for all, or does it give only Crit rate + Crit damage? It is pretty confusing.

Also, I don't have an Iss Hierophant to make a correct comparison, but L2wiki provides the following info:

cYWOd7Q.png

So the Hiero has 24/7 POM buff, but it does only Crit rate + crit damage? Is it missing the P. Atk + P skill power? Should I even bother spending 8 rune stones on Chant of Bison or just re-roll a Hiero for 24/7 POM?

Thank you.

This is just my opinion, I'm sure there'll be other points of view.

First PoM = Single target, CoB = whole party. The choice comes down to the maximum overall damage the party is capable of producing as a whole really and directly depends on how geared the party is. If you have 1 uber DD who can 1 hit everything having PoM on that char might make sense for max overall damage. If instead you have several mediocre DDs in the party CoB might make more sense since PoM on one DD may not be as strong as having CoB on all of them even with the reduced bonuses of CoB.

if you're soloing everything with one DD, PoM is the obvious choice but these days soloing could also mean 1 person running the entire party. CoB could be more efficient depending on how that party is set up.

8 hours ago, XelNadu said:

Does this skill give +15% P. Atk, +15% P. Skill damage, +15% M. Skill damage and Crit rate for all, or does it give only Crit rate + Crit damage? It is pretty confusing.

Both only give Critical Rate and Damage (mind the slashes.. also P. Critical Rate = P.Atk Critical rate in the new translation lingo).

thank you @Aleppo for your detailed reply.

I made a Hiero sub on my DC, and am currently farming adena for rune stones for POM.

Still there is a downside to this switch, as DC has Freezing Flame which stacks with Crippling Attack, and Hiero lacks this skill. Basically the power of POM is offset by the -pdef that Freezing Flame gives.

I use both my main dd and the box to debuff / hit the target.

Will test once i finally get POM and see the results. But in the future, I would love to get Chant of Bison + enchanted +20 (crazy amounts of adena needed for this to happen), just to have it 24/7. It just gives that old Lineage feel to it when you had Chant of Victory buff.

• 6 months later...

Old thread and all but in case anyone actually reads this part of the forums here's what I've come across. I've played doomcryer main for about 6 months with pom as dualclass. I've now switched my main class to sword singer. Doomcrier was nice when it had the combined harmony. As things are right now it's just a very generic iss. Like a dominator but their bison skill is only limited to party members, unlike vop.

With that being said, you shouldn't have trouble keeping bison up at all; nor do you need it to be +20 to do so. Prestige pack, +8 light armor set, green or red ari homunculus, exalted sayha talisman, greater aquamarine, dualclass certification skill for skill cooldown and ability points setup are only some of the options you have for getting the skill cd much much lower. Also, enchanting bison for time increases its duration for 15(?) seconds, unlike pom that gets an 1 second per enchantment increase in its duration. 

Either way, what it all comes down to is that parties will show a preference to basically any iss other than doomcriers and/or dominators. You can have a dominator giving you the exact same buff as bison outside of party while also having a sword muse/blade dancer giving you their buff in the party.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 4:59 AM, Catlord said:

Old thread and all but in case anyone actually reads this part of the forums here's what I've come across. I've played doomcryer main for about 6 months with pom as dualclass. I've now switched my main class to sword singer. Doomcrier was nice when it had the combined harmony. As things are right now it's just a very generic iss. Like a dominator but their bison skill is only limited to party members, unlike vop.

With that being said, you shouldn't have trouble keeping bison up at all; nor do you need it to be +20 to do so. Prestige pack, +8 light armor set, green or red ari homunculus, exalted sayha talisman, greater aquamarine, dualclass certification skill for skill cooldown and ability points setup are only some of the options you have for getting the skill cd much much lower. Also, enchanting bison for time increases its duration for 15(?) seconds, unlike pom that gets an 1 second per enchantment increase in its duration. 

Either way, what it all comes down to is that parties will show a preference to basically any iss other than doomcriers and/or dominators. You can have a dominator giving you the exact same buff as bison outside of party while also having a sword muse/blade dancer giving you their buff in the party.

Man, you do something wrong. 

My old Doomcrier ( I use dual on it ) in mage stuff  with only one necklace for CD is able to keep CoB by CD and so far...

Chant is enchanted +11 and give additional +82.5 seconds. (Was even more before patches)

On 7/10/2021 at 3:11 AM, LordDragnil said:

Man, you do something wrong. 

My old Doomcrier ( I use dual on it ) in mage stuff  with only one necklace for CD is able to keep CoB by CD and so far...

Chant is enchanted +11 and give additional +82.5 seconds. (Was even more before patches)

I'm not sure what you're talking about. All I said is that keeping bison up shouldn't be a problem at all.

This is what my chant of bison was like before I switched to sword muse a few months ago. Did the reduce the extra time the skill enchantment gives?

4iLKIi1.jpg