Archer bow SA's query

Kikko

Hi all,

Is there a general consensus on what SA's to get for an archer to maximise damage? I can see that were are two trains of thought:

1) Go with Fire (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Damage + Hunter (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Rate

2) Go with Fire (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Damage + Speed Fire (Leonas SC)  increases Attack Speed and increases P. Skill Crit Damage

Is there a magic number of DEX you have before you lean one way or the other to maximize damage? Eg. if you have less than 90 DEX then you would go with option #1 and if you had more than 90 DEX then you'd go with option #2?

Probably opening a can of worms but I'd like to see what the community thinks and if you can back up your theories with facts!

SMH here we go with the Dex again.

Yes go with Dex because STR has nothing to do with archers.  However if Dex is so important why are most archer Ghost Sentinels (DEs) and not Moonlight Sentinels (LEs) who naturally have more dex?

All i will say on that topic for now on.

Hi guys, thanks for replying. You did both however fail to answer my initial question on SA's:

1) Go with Fire (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Damage + Hunter (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Rate

2) Go with Fire (Kain SC) increases P. Skill Crit Damage + Speed Fire (Leonas SC)  increases Attack Speed and increases P. Skill Crit Damage

Is there a rule where you would go one over the other depending on how much DEX you had?

On 11/27/2020 at 8:48 AM, bentorero said:

aim for 100 dex

I am aiming for as much DEX as I can

11 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Yes go with Dex because STR has nothing to do with archers.  However if Dex is so important why are most archer Ghost Sentinels (DEs) and not Moonlight Sentinels (LEs) who naturally have more dex?

With the new Dyes where you get +5 str and + 5 Dex it doesnt really matter what you go for, does it?

Anyway, looking for people to answer the question I first posed. Thanks all

On 11/28/2020 at 12:57 AM, Slycutter said:

Aside from Counter Instinct which is the best skill among all Yuls, DEs have naturally high STR so they can EASILY focus on adding up on DEX. On the other hand , Elves already have decent DEX but  since they want more DEX, they will be neglecting their STR.  With the new dyes this was addressed a bit.  

Do you honestly think those Ghost Sentinels are still adding STR? With the new dyes, yes... but I'm sure DEX is their priority. 

And another good point that I got why a Yul must go all DEX. As we know, STR relates to P. Atk and DEX to Crit Rate. There are A BUNCH of items that you can use to increase P. atk but there are only FEW to increase DEX.

18 hours ago, Kikko said:

Anyway, looking for people to answer the question I first posed. Thanks all

I say 100 DEX and Option 2 :) 

1 hour ago, bentorero said:

Aside from Counter Instinct which is the best skill among all Yuls, DEs have naturally high STR so they can EASILY focus on adding up on DEX. On the other hand , Elves already have decent DEX but  since they want more DEX, they will be neglecting their STR.  With the new dyes this was addressed a bit.  

Do you honestly think those Ghost Sentinels are still adding STR? With the new dyes, yes... but I'm sure DEX is their priority. 

And another good point that I got why a Yul must go all DEX. As we know, STR relates to P. Atk and DEX to Crit Rate. There are A BUNCH of items that you can use to increase P. atk but there are only FEW to increase DEX.

I say 100 DEX and Option 2 :) 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated. 

After speaking to others, there is no fast and hard answer for this question. Its more dependent on your play style, and where/what you hunt