Insane pay to play mechanic.

Hello,

So i am originally from live servers but i wanted to test L2Aden, managed to get Race 1 on Necromancer and tested the full potential of sayha grace and the little packs they gave from beginiing, i spent total 16k ncoin.

Even tho i spent all that, i am seeing now, that i can't even sustain "farming" and buying spirit ore/soulshots with "Adena" and got to be forced to pay from "Store" the SS tickets, + counting the sayha grace + deluxe pack,  the server just started and its already VERY costly, and this is just for "farming" not even gearing up.

i am very sure that in2-3 month both servers will be "LIGHT" once people realise that NCWEST will cost 3x more than EU and will the worst paytowin festival.

Also i tried to understand if farming/playing market is viable to make money and then "covert to LCoin" , BUT simply what they did is bound many top items to toons/Sealed,   impossible to buy/sell ,  Really pushing all players to spend money and makes it no way to be farmable.

I don't say the game must be free, but make it enjoyable for everyone and make payment a  ++ in faster progression. but they make a game that is impossible to play without spending 500$/month just for farm, not even gearing. this is Insane, 

i'll play a few more days and enjoy the big mess it will become.

if i missed something let me know, because i got no clue about Essence servers appart from what i heard and see

All Feedbacks and discussion in respect is welcome!

• Like 2

i personally been playing for 2 days now and from what ive seen so far, they did take  a lot of the features they implemented in the classic version.

i did play on classic for a while and it was really hard to sustain farmability. im only in the 60's so ill see how it goes once im done with the stuff from the deluxe pack. i dont expect to stay here for long if the pattern is gonna be the same then the classic servers...jusy my 2 cents here. :)

For me the problem goes beyond that. I made a topic about farmability, which so far seems to be almost impossible. 

But that is not even the main issue for me, as an almost free to play player, the real problem is that it all feels empty. I just woke up and came to check how things went on overnight autohunt. I had 7 magic lamps and about 2k adena with sayhas 200% bonus active. That was it. nothing else "interesting"happened, no cool drops, almost no crafting crap. The 7 magic lamps gave me about 70% at 57, didn't even get to 58.

I can see that the whole game is pushed forward to lvl 76+, but I'd like to at least have something to look forward to before then.

And going back to the pay to win situation, I am ok with paying something. 20-40 a month seems ok, but as Ando said, the way things are now just regular farming will take hundreds from every player for it to even make sense

If they increased adena rates to decent amount, accordingly increase Special Crafting, L2 coin shop prices and other endgames specific items prices. Then grind would be more fun and payout would be something you see/feel and worth doing. At this point there is nothing to do here, you can say PvP, but you can do it every single Lineage2 server private or retail.

If they increased adena let let people do enchanting like in PvP players then money would go out of market at high rates. Grind for day, buy enchants - fail a lot, burn gear - buy new gear. And then you can sell useful items in L2 shop.

At the moment you grind A LOT - get money a little, spend half of money in potions/spirit ores. Grind again get - back money you spend on potions/ores and a little above that and that's it. There is NOTHING to do between grind and restock for soulshots/potions/ores. Nothing to engage in. Do 10min of daily dungeon, wow that's pretty much no different then mob grind in hunting grounds.

OP mentioned that servers will go LIGHT, i think they will go light faster + if game would not allow boxes then then they would be light pretty much already. Only thing "fast" in this server are how people leave server.

This was all tested beforehand and all part of the plan. NC knew that most players would run out of Sayha around 68-70 and have to rely on buying the daily NCoin Sayha packs or simply buying Sayha directly. 

The 3x daily Sayha packs costs 360 NCoin, which translates to $4.50 per day. This is $135 a month for Sayha alone. The upcoming lootboxes and p2w items will require many hundreds of dollars in NCoin to obtain on top of it.

I'm not sure what you expected. We all knew this was the plan. The biggest problem with this system is that they priced L2 Coin too high. $25 for an L2 8000 will lead to a significant drop in players and quickly lead to a low population server.

Finally a post about a member who knows exactly what NC is.

We knew that NC would make it this way. Same as Live & Classic servers.

I bet servers will be "LIGHT" and many many ppl will quit before 3 months, the first pay2win items will arrive in the store very very soon and then the situation will go out of control.

Good thing is that players still support NC and there are a lot of players playing in Aden right now but the bad thing is that NC is never listening to players' opinions/feedback.

All new players that are playing in Aden will soon realize that Admins will only login to post weekly maintenance , p2w news and reply to few random topics in forum, nothing else.

As long as their bank/paypal accounts are filled with tons of money each minute, they will keep doing that. 

Shame on them that they have a very good game (Lineage 2) and they have destroyed it. You cannot enjoy it anymore and most important is you cannot even XP if you don't pay real money.

From the first day of Aden server, game is hard and quests are boring. Just leave your PC afk and auto farm lol

This first week has been fun, but yes, the prices are extremely high here. The population will not last at these prices. People will soon be hitting the brick wall in front of them.

If I had to guess, I would say that 30% of the entire Aden population will be gone within the next 2 weeks.

After the first 30 days has passed, at least 50% of the entire day 1 population be gone.

There would be a population drop no matter what, for any game. But one of the biggest problems with L2 Aden will be getting NEW players to join and help fill in those gaps. The barrier of entry for new players will get higher, and higher, as time goes on, and p2w items are introduced. New players simply won't be coming. 

The current players will slowly bleed out from paying $25 per L2 8000 box, until only the most hardcore are left. 

This is what happened to EU, where Siege turned into 1 party vs 1 party, and in some cases, 0 parties as the castle would be left unclaimed.

53 minutes ago, TheBuffer said:

Finally a post about a member who knows exactly what NC is.

We knew that NC would make it this way. Same as Live & Classic servers.

I bet servers will be "LIGHT" and many many ppl will quit before 3 months, the first pay2win items will arrive in the store very very soon and then the situation will go out of control.

Good thing is that players still support NC and there are a lot of players playing in Aden right now but the bad thing is that NC is never listening to players' opinions/feedback.

All new players that are playing in Aden will soon realize that Admins will only login to post weekly maintenance , p2w news and reply to few random topics in forum, nothing else.

As long as their bank/paypal accounts are filled with tons of money each minute, they will keep doing that. 

Shame on them that they have a very good game (Lineage 2) and they have destroyed it. You cannot enjoy it anymore and most important is you cannot even XP if you don't pay real money.

From the first day of Aden server, game is hard and quests are boring. Just leave your PC afk and auto farm lol

3 months? Extremely generous.

40 minutes ago, JohnnyRico said:

This first week has been fun, but yes, the prices are extremely high here. The population will not last at these prices. People will soon be hitting the brick wall in front of them.

If I had to guess, I would say that 30% of the entire Aden population will be gone within the next 2 weeks.

After the first 30 days has passed, at least 50% of the entire day 1 population be gone.

There would be a population drop no matter what, for any game. But one of the biggest problems with L2 Aden will be getting NEW players to join and help fill in those gaps. The barrier of entry for new players will get higher, and higher, as time goes on, and p2w items are introduced. New players simply won't be coming. 

The current players will slowly bleed out from paying $25 per L2 8000 box, until only the most hardcore are left. 

This is what happened to EU, where Siege turned into 1 party vs 1 party, and in some cases, 0 parties as the castle would be left unclaimed.

I died at the last line. So what is the population of the two EU servers? An if it is that tiny, how are they sustained if the produce no financial gains? Unless the tiny amount of people are sick megawhales of course.

18 minutes ago, Powerlifter said:

3 months? Extremely generous.

I died at the last line. So what is the population of the two EU servers? An if it is that tiny, how are they sustained if the produce no financial gains? Unless the tiny amount of people are sick megawhales of course.

They are extremely cheap to operate due to them piggybacking off their RU servers, which they also operate. Their RU servers are still profitable with a healthy population, because get this, they charge less money for L Coin than they do on their identical EU servers.

5 hours ago, iAndouille said:

Hello,

So i am originally from live servers but i wanted to test L2Aden, managed to get Race 1 on Necromancer and tested the full potential of sayha grace and the little packs they gave from beginiing, i spent total 16k ncoin.

Even tho i spent all that, i am seeing now, that i can't even sustain "farming" and buying spirit ore/soulshots with "Adena" and got to be forced to pay from "Store" the SS tickets, + counting the sayha grace + deluxe pack,  the server just started and its already VERY costly, and this is just for "farming" not even gearing up.

i am very sure that in2-3 month both servers will be "LIGHT" once people realise that NCWEST will cost 3x more than EU and will the worst paytowin festival.

Also i tried to understand if farming/playing market is viable to make money and then "covert to LCoin" , BUT simply what they did is bound many top items to toons/Sealed,   impossible to buy/sell ,  Really pushing all players to spend money and makes it no way to be farmable.

I don't say the game must be free, but make it enjoyable for everyone and make payment a  ++ in faster progression. but they make a game that is impossible to play without spending 500$/month just for farm, not even gearing. this is Insane, 

i'll play a few more days and enjoy the big mess it will become.

if i missed something let me know, because i got no clue about Essence servers appart from what i heard and see

All Feedbacks and discussion in respect is welcome!

Should have done research before you started playing. 

These servers atm are actually cheaper than EU right now, with no p2w yet, and nothing is more p2w than EU servers.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRico said:

They are extremely cheap to operate due to them piggybacking off their RU servers, which they also operate. Their RU servers are still profitable with a healthy population, because get this, they charge less money for L Coin than they do on their identical EU servers.

i had found some cooments on the EU forum that pretty much described the destruction o the RU servers. That was wrong?

How much do they charge in korea for the 8k? If RU can charge less, why not NC too?

With current exchange rates, each region is paying approximately  RU = $13 per L2 8000    &    EU = $24 per L2 8000

RU has numerous servers still open, and they are launching 2 more new servers soon. EU is completely empty and dead.

As for KR, I'm not sure what their exact prices are, but I have heard their L2 8000 is somewhere in the $30-$35 range.

From my experience, that is all accurate. NCSoft West has been a lot smarter about handling Aden servers though, than Innova/4Game did with EU Essence. Starting these servers with very little p2w, and then staggering each p2w item individually over time, is exactly how you want them to do it.

Innova/4Game for EU  just dumped everything all on the store immediately, so people pumped thousands of dollars, some even spending $10,000-$15,000 dollars on p2w items, within the first 2-3 weeks of server launch.

The PK system is also a little bit better here, than what EU had during the opening of their most recent servers (which are now closed/merged).

High prices will be the main downfall of here though, just as they were on EU.

you can say what you want about NCSoft, but you cannot tell that they are not constant in disappointment their customer :D 

no new innvoations at all, no offline shops, no out of the box thinking and not admitting that there are illegal servers out there who beat the shi t out of them lol. 

ncsoft lost the war , 20+ years of development at still messing things up immeasurable, nothing new and nothing learned, company of shame. 👎

Issue here is that as always is the lack of GM/CM comunication. They wont change things cause they don't mind about changing things. There's no listening to players feedbacks, altho some requests are totally nosense, lots of them are.

Rates are lower than EU servers, for unknown reasons. Mobs on EU servers are dropping average twice the amount they drop here. 
Also, you cannot sustain XP w/o paying for items. You consume things too fast and earn nothing from mobs.

Even free items are lower than intended. To balance things they should increase the free sayhas you can earn, otherwise is just mad fest. They put package for free with *FIVE* sayhas graces. 5. It's a 1x and 25%...which last around 20 mins at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRico said:

From my experience, that is all accurate. NCSoft West has been a lot smarter about handling Aden servers though, than Innova/4Game did with EU Essence. Starting these servers with very little p2w, and then staggering each p2w item individually over time, is exactly how you want them to do it.

Innova/4Game for EU  just dumped everything all on the store immediately, so people pumped thousands of dollars, some even spending $10,000-$15,000 dollars on p2w items, within the first 2-3 weeks of server launch.

The PK system is also a little bit better here, than what EU had during the opening of their most recent servers (which are now closed/merged).

High prices will be the main downfall of here though, just as they were on EU.

You are basically stating false reports. 

When EU server started we had even less P2W than here as we had no Agathions of this kind and neither brooches. 

They opened 2 new servers with the goal of get more people to later on merge them, that's why they started with full P2W on new servers. 

Also PK system is changed due to patch, not for company decisions. When pink/rose opened the PK system was not different. The PK system on EU is not the same as NA since they are running the same patch.

1 hour ago, Powerlifter said:

Thanks for the answers.

From what Enthused had written here, EU died because of prices, PK extravaganza and ultra p2w store boxes. What did they get from the boxes and how much did they cost? If you got any idea.

Which is another false thing. EU servers dropped population not that much for prices (NA prices are higher tho) and not even that much for the PKs, altho it for sure gave it a go, the real reason server died is cause they didn't care about blocking people from selling and buying accounts/items. The best part was the event that was giving DK form to the player who spent most $ in total in 1 week. That was amazing.

1 hour ago, Skeith said:

Rates are lower than EU servers, for unknown reasons. Mobs on EU servers are dropping average twice the amount they drop here. 
Also, you cannot sustain XP w/o paying for items. You consume things too fast and earn nothing from mobs.

Well there you go. Getting half adena also forces people to quit. If you cant make spirit ore, pots and shots then finito.

6 minutes ago, Powerlifter said:

As publishers they cannot change/modify the game and i get it. Can they modify the prices? Are publishers allowed to do anything or do the orders come from korean big brains and that is the end of it?

Directly, no. They have to put in requests and suggestions to the Koreans, and hope the Koreans adjust or alter it. 

Even NCSoft West has no power to make adjustments. However, since they are an official subsidiary of NCSoft, their requests are taken much more seriously and approved at a higher rate when compared to a third party licensee, such as Innova/4Game.