This is not a playable F2P

Infid3l

Let’s call Aden release what it really is. You can not play this game for free. I have played Every version of this game all the way back to Beta and this is by far this biggest money grab out of all of them.  With the end of the free 20 buff scrolls and the whole grace system there isn’t a class in this game that can hunt mobs the same level as they are without using ss/bsps.  SS in Classic and Live were for lvlng faster but were not a requirement to hunt white mobs, in Aden as a dagger I wouldn’t even be able to hunt mobs 20 lvls lower without ss.  Not to mention that I have 2 quests I can’t even do because although the mobs are 2 levels lower than I am, even with atk/def scrolls, ss, selfbuffs, clan buffs, healing potions etc.

Oh, but Infidel you don’t have good enough gear that’s why.  No it’s not, I have a +9 bgrade dagger and +6 bgrade armor my accessories are all epic, all my jewels +3, agathon’s +6, talismans +4, I could go on. I went to DV to start the new quest and had to bsoe out after the 3rd mob these are mobs that are white!!! My dex atm is 38 con 43 and str 37 there is absolutely no reason I shouldn’t be ripping this place a part yet somehow I get hit like I’m some big fat meat pie of an orc and not the super stealthy, faster than lightning, amazingly gorgeous, le that I am.

Moreover, you said Aden was supposed to be a solo game yet If I don’t join a clan and do raids daily I’ll have to spend over 500 bux a month just to buy magic tablets, materials, armor, weapons all so I can’t  hunt white mobs and have a chance at getting a drop that is something I can actually use.  Oh and explain to me why I have to pay 300k for a freaking 20% chance at crafting a freaking nightmare robe I can’t even sell or crystallize?

We’ve waited and waited for the release of L3 for over 8 years and you give us the same old crap over and over and we’ve taken it year after year hoping, might I say praying that NCSOFT will get it right.  You want a blueprint on how to make a F2P game look at Tera, and other games like it that is a F2P game this is an absolute joke and in 6 months when the only people playing this game are whales and farmers who break your precious TOS you will only have yourselves to blame. I would gladly go back to paying 14 bux a month if it would mean you actually developed and produced a new product instead of regurgitating the same old crap year in and year out.  I mean do you guys even have a creative department or are you just employing in game commerce people ?? Both events so far actually cost more money to participate in than any rewards given. Is this a product you’re proud of? I mean seriously, when you tell people you develop this game do you have to lower your head in shame? 

Dude, they ain't hiding that its a money grab, they literally have probably like 5 people running the show for NCwest and they tryin to make as much money as they can before the game dies, it's not rocket science, complaining about it won't help, they won't change anything... I mean they completely ruined everything good about the game with sht that u gotta pay for, like.... there was a time when skill actually mattered in pvp, now u can just buy 500 pots and 1v1 anyone, whoever has more pots wins lmao... there is nothing good about this server, only reason I play is coz of the ppl I play with :)

• Like 1

made a test and calculation today with my toon so that F2P gamers can have an overview:

So, I started with the easiest solo farmer Blade Dancer because this class has passive VR that can solo without pot even against yellow mobs (full buffs + scrolls). My BD is level 66 and currently at War-torn plains. Assumed that there are no grace freebies and boost scrolls left to use. From daily missions61-70, I can get in total 40 ss tickets + 150 ores + 3 grace cookies per day

- From 40 ss tickets: I would leave 5 tickets for next day and use 35 tickets = 17.500 soul shots

- From 150 ores: I would leave 30 ores for buffs next day and use 120 ores for only 3 main buffs (focus, death whisper, haste) that use 9 ores for 20 mins. So with 120 ores, I can let my BD auto farm for 260 mins = about 4+ hours / day.

With 3 main buffs that consume ores (focus, death whisper, haste) + 4  mp based buffs (majesty, might, shield, blood weap) + 4 dances, I will have 11 active buffs in total. Still, I cannot farm in War-torn plains (will die after 10 mins) and have to move back to Field of massacre which is about 10 levels lower than my 66 BD.

In average, my BD spends 7ss for 1 mob and earns 0.0013% exp + about 5 adena

=> with 17.500 ss daily, my BD can kill approx. 2500 mobs = only 3.25% exp + about 12.500 adena  (assumed that my BD can kill 2500 mobs in 4 hours in Field of massacre). Means it's a waste of time playing without grace!

=> Then, main daily exp and adena come from the 3 grace cookies from daily dungeon: it can be used in daily dungeon or on war-torn plains depends on which one you want most: huge exp. in dungeon (20-40% exp maybe? for 10 mins) OR extra adena + exp per kill on war-torn plains for about 40 mins (assumed my 66 BD can manage to kill a mob every 10 secs that always drop average 280 adena - which is pretttttty optimistic - you get about 67.000 adena + extra exp for 40mins = maybe 15% ).

Anyway, F2P Lineage gamers should only play either 10 mins daily dungeon, or about 30-40 mins (=3 grace cookies at level 66) on field. And that is it.

3 cookies in higher level = maybe 20 mins play time :))

Buy 2 L1000 boxes for less than 5kk adena (should be doable with all the handouts on launch)

Buy 1 month of Limited Sayha, actually make adena, get 30 more blessings and 10 more cookies a day for 1.5kk adena (10 levels of Sayhas Grace)

Repeat

totally free :P

5 hours ago, BennyT said:

Buy 2 L1000 boxes for less than 5kk adena (should be doable with all the handouts on launch)

Buy 1 month of Limited Sayha, actually make adena, get 30 more blessings and 10 more cookies a day for 1.5kk adena (10 levels of Sayhas Grace)

Repeat

totally free :P

server is quite new and still low in adena, so it costs -5kk adena for 2 L1000 boxes for now.

In next 2 months maybe, when current ppl farm and total amount of adena in server is much higher (leads to inflation at certain rate), adena price for 2 boxes will be much much higher IMO. New F2P gamers who starts playing next 2 months won't afford to buy L1000 boxes with adena they earn in first 1-2 weeks after they spend all freebies