Prediction - Crowding Out - Literally

TLDR: Add more hunting grounds for toons 60+

WHY?

Crowding out works like this. Let's say you're at a big party, you drank a lot, and now you need to use the facilities. PROBLEM: There is only one bathroom and the line is 20 people long. 

Look no further than Silent Valley (Cruma, etc.) for this effect to be taking place. People don't spend a lot of time in Sea of Spores. They get their quick levels and move on to the next zone.

But with diminishing returns, you will see more and more clustering in zones where it takes more time to level.

Even with manner mode off, there are so many in that area, it's near impossible to get full exp or adena drops.

What will end up happening?

Will more zones open up?

Will the spawn rates increase?

Will people just end up quitting, which will reduce player density?

Thoughts?

Nothing like watching your toon bounce back and forth between mobs with manner mode on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliceInWunderland said:

TLDR: Add more hunting grounds for toons 60+

WHY?

Crowding out works like this. Let's say you're at a big party, you drank a lot, and now you need to use the facilities. PROBLEM: There is only one bathroom and the line is 20 people long. 

Look no further than Silent Valley (Cruma, etc.) for this effect to be taking place. People don't spend a lot of time in Sea of Spores. They get their quick levels and move on to the next zone.

But with diminishing returns, you will see more and more clustering in zones where it takes more time to level.

Even with manner mode off, there are so many in that area, it's near impossible to get full exp or adena drops.

What will end up happening?

Will more zones open up?

Will the spawn rates increase?

Will people just end up quitting, which will reduce player density?

Thoughts?

Nothing like watching your toon bounce back and forth between mobs with manner mode on...

37 minutes ago, MUQALI25 said:

+1 maybe the good answer its that NCsoft should reduce the cap of XP but they will say... you have SAYHA at the L2 store to increase the reward of XP and move out soon!

People go AFK manner of with their ALT, I kill every single one that I see. They get mad, harass me and think that they ha ve the right to let manner off on their ALT while I can't XP with my main character.

I think they do on purpose, to make people fight, when people get MAD, they want to pay to win, just to make the other unable to play. I saw this happening many times. After a week, they see that it's a waste of time, stressing out for a game, spending money for nonsense proud stuff.

Lack of self control, egocentrism and stupidity. That's waht it is.

NCSoft stratergy. It's nonsense. I agree with you, more hunting zones, to crowd out. But seems like they can't even handdle the server the way it is, it's lagging hard.

• Like 1

They've mucked around with the system so much that they don't understand their own major design flaw:

People want consistent forward progress that is meaningful (fun for most - subjective on a granular level). But, instead, it's grind, grind, grind, and in that condition, yes, people will look for all sorts of advantages to move faster. Whether or not they want to PAY for it is another matter.

As if, if you do not know how the essence has developed over the past 3 years, then here is a short summary. The number of locations decreased, the amount of adena from monsters decreased with each global update. There are enough locations for farming (the game is not built from low lvl players). On hightlvl you have more content and locs. 
And I can understand them and understand why they do it. And this is correct in a sense (it is worth understanding that someone will not agree with this, because someone will always be dissatisfied with something), but the problem is not in the locations, not in the amount of adena. The problem is in boxes. 5 boxes on 1 pc its too much.... If limited to 2 on 1 PC  - it will be ok. And... need to stop give free sayhas non stop. I already wrote about this, it only sponsors the alt's adena farmers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T0kyo said:

As if, if you do not know how the essence has developed over the past 3 years, then here is a short summary. The number of locations decreased, the amount of adena from monsters decreased with each global update.
And I can understand them and understand why they do it. And this is correct in a sense (it is worth understanding that someone will not agree with this, because someone will always be dissatisfied with something), but the problem is not in the locations, not in the amount of adena. The problem is in boxes. 5 boxes on 1 pc its too much.... If limited to 2 on 1 PC  - it will be ok. And... need to stop give free sayhas non stop. I already wrote about this, it only sponsors the alt's adena farmers. 

Yes, and all of that contributes to crowding out. You're definitely right about the alts, but - if they allow it, well, we have to live with it or quit I guess. Or we complain. ;)

Anything where there is competition for resources (exp, adena) and supply (MOB by density and spawn rate) is constricted, and demand is greater than supply, what do you get? Well, it's like demand-pull inflation. Problem is, unlike Fiat currency, which is flexible, more content isn't as easy to implement. But given this incarnation doesn't have all the content zones that Classic had from C3 on, and they DO have the meshes and code - I can't imagine it would be that hard to, let's say, make Blazing Swamp functional again. No new content to write/dev. No new skins. Update loot tables, instantiate the MOBS, and off you go...

14 minutes ago, AliceInWunderland said:

Anything where there is competition for resources (exp, adena) and supply (MOB by density and spawn rate) is constricted, and demand is greater than supply, what do you get? Well, it's like demand-pull inflation. Problem is, unlike Fiat currency, which is flexible, more content isn't as easy to implement. But given this incarnation doesn't have all the content zones that Classic had from C3 on, and they DO have the meshes and code - I can't imagine it would be that hard to, let's say, make Blazing Swamp functional again. No new content to write/dev. No new skins. Update loot tables, instantiate the MOBS, and off you go...

These all locations were in essence before. Was FoG, Eva's Garnden, Blazing Swamp (not sure), catacombs and necropolys (removed 9 months ago, maybe on Korea early)

and believe me, it still didn’t solve anything. I'm not talking about the early period of the essence, i say about, for example, catacombs - it was a great loc with perfect (best exp) on 60-80 lvl, and they were just closed by top players or non stop PKs in this locs. Reducing locations should contribute to the development of PvP, but on low lvl content its not true, Even though they made a cheap resurrection (Until the last update cost of 100% ressurect was 100 L coin... for every ressurection) Сuz on NA, like i said, 5 boxes, non stop free sayha... (this is cool, on the one hand, and they are great in this regard, just in everything positive, there is always a negative consequence) This cannot be avoided, and it is simply not possible to find a middle ground. You just have to put up with it)

1 hour ago, T0kyo said:

As if, if you do not know how the essence has developed over the past 3 years, then here is a short summary. The number of locations decreased, the amount of adena from monsters decreased with each global update. There are enough locations for farming (the game is not built from low lvl players). On hightlvl you have more content and locs. 

I understand, everyone has its own way of know how to solve the problem. In my case for example, I have 6 computers at home. If the limit is 2, I would have 12.

If most people can't dual box, a little amout on RMT will buy laptops to have advantage. It will solve a problem and create another one.

But again, everyone has a different opinion. If 60+ is considered low lvl, the game did not started yet. Because top lvl in Elcadia is 83 and as far as I can see, they farm AOE in Cruma.

Dragon Valley is slowly getting crowded, there are SO MANY places EMPY in the game, Blazing Swampland, the whole NORTH of the game is empty, no mobs, Goddard, Ghost town.

So maybe you're right, maybe it's a problem nowdays, but when people start getting lvl 90 there will be less competition to get mobs.

Or maybe will get worst.

The main point is that it is not necessary to be equal only to beginners and their opinions / desires / problems. If a person knows / can / wants, it is not a problem for him to overcome this low lvl content. Because players who are not able to overcome even this will not stay here for long. They will leave, they will leave very quickly. Especially those who shout that they need "help for beginners". They do not know and do not understand what awaits them later, they will not cope with it in any case. And from a commercial point of view, this is not their audience. And do not forget that all updates, patches, fixes are released with equalization to Korean servers, with the exception of some individual innovations Not a NCwest make a updates, NCsoft make updates. 

I am already silent that half of the people here cannot read. They have all the information in front of their noses, it is conveyed in at least 3 ways, but they do not see it. They can't just take and read, damn it, we live in the 21st century, after all, everyone knows how to use Google already. People can't even count, simple school mathematics at the level of a 10-year-old. They can't a - b. And there is no logical thinking at all. I wonder how they generally live on this planet. You can find these in every topic on this forum.

That is why no one will ever be equal to such players. They will not stay here, they will leave. It's too difficult for them. They just don't understand.

Therefore, everything, absolutely everything will always be equal to hight lvl content in this game. 

And just such players who come here for two weeks also bear negative consequences, since they, like boxes, are farmers of adena. And a little bit each of them will make their negative contribution to history. 

I'm not talking about all newbies, but only about a special, gifted category of people who are just, sorry, stupid. They will leave anyway, out of 100 there will be 1. What is the point for them to do something? Thus, any such encouragement will not help newcomers, but help the rich. They will just get richer.

1 hour ago, T0kyo said:

These all locations were in essence before. Was FoG, Eva's Garnden, Blazing Swamp (not sure), catacombs and necropolys (removed 9 months ago, maybe on Korea early)

and believe me, it still didn’t solve anything. I'm not talking about the early period of the essence, i say about, for example, catacombs - it was a great loc with perfect (best exp) on 60-80 lvl, and they were just closed by top players or non stop PKs in this locs. Reducing locations should contribute to the development of PvP, but on low lvl content its not true, Even though they made a cheap resurrection (Until the last update cost of 100% ressurect was 100 L coin... for every ressurection) Сuz on NA, like i said, 5 boxes, non stop free sayha... (this is cool, on the one hand, and they are great in this regard, just in everything positive, there is always a negative consequence) This cannot be avoided, and it is simply not possible to find a middle ground. You just have to put up with it)

1 hour ago, T0kyo said:

And 1-76 is taken per week in Adena's Gear. 10 days if you are lazy.

You both make good points.  I’m just going to comment on the 1-76 in 7 days for a second.  It took me 2 full days of leveling from 75-76.  This was with 538% xp, good gear, and I hadn’t logged out in 72 hours according to the server.  I also was doing 3 transcendentals a day and was cashing in about 75 magic lamps a day.  If someone made it to lvl 76 in a week I’d like to know who.

War torn plains, Plains of glory, Cruma LvL 1, are ridiculously packed. I literally took my LvL 68 SE to Fields of Massacre in order to get to level 70, she now has to be partied with someone in Cruma, because she can’t get last hit in PoG or WTP and blows through Bsps.  It’s so hard to keep track of people in those areas who aren’t using manner mode I don’t even bother trying to clear them out.  In Cruma it’s much easier, but as you mentioned earlier if you PK a whales alt they port in wipe the room and it never ends. PoTL is starting to get congested and Toi 1 is a nightmare.

DV is fairly clear but at level 79 with a +13 Aden’s wep, Brade armor, +6 agathons, lvl 3 & 2 jewels, +6 Aden’s talisman and +2 Talisman of Power, soulshots, Dex 41, Con 41, Str 38 Atk/def scrolls, clan buffs I blow through 1.5k of the piece of crap hp pots an hour to stay alive. TBH I shouldn’t have to use scrolls for mobs a lvl lower than I am with my gear.   So back to PoTL. 

Let’s look at the server activity today, a day after Live launched a new event both NA servers are showing light. Both Aden servers were at Normal 5 mins before Orc Fortress started.  I am doing my best not to insult the developers and PlayNCW, but it’s becoming very hard not to.  They should have just made a Gofundme page or contacted the whales directly, because a lot of them are whales in Live as well and just asked for cash. I feel like an idiot for spending $$ on this product. Well at least I have the release of NW to look forward to at month end.