What should beginners do?

sesbiriki3

Hello, my native language is not English, so I apologize if there are any mistakes in what I wrote. I just started the game with my friend and now I am level 98 and I am doing the tasks. I have a few questions for you.

1) Are there any events? If so, how do I join? I just don't want to kill monsters.
2) My friend is a mage and his mana ends immediately. Where can I find the mana potion and where can I find such products?
3) Do beginners have to do anything other than missions to earn money or to become more powerful?

I would be very grateful if you could give me suggestions as I am just starting out. Thank you very much in advance.

4 hours ago, sesbiriki3 said:

Hello, my native language is not English, so I apologize if there are any mistakes in what I wrote. I just started the game with my friend and now I am level 98 and I am doing the tasks. I have a few questions for you.

1) Are there any events? If so, how do I join? I just don't want to kill monsters.
2) My friend is a mage and his mana ends immediately. Where can I find the mana potion and where can I find such products?
3) Do beginners have to do anything other than missions to earn money or to become more powerful?

I would be very grateful if you could give me suggestions as I am just starting out. Thank you very much in advance.

1) You can read all the latest "events" in the website: https://www.lineage2.com/news Below each image there are color tags that refer to Lineage 2 Live, Aden and Classic versions of the game so you know which article you need to read. 

All of the events (paid or free) will require you to kill mobs to get different kind of items as well as different kind of buffs (like XP buffs or buffs that increase your stats) from the NPCs in towns. The two free active events that are currently active with those buffs are https://www.lineage2.com/news/power-of-love-event and https://www.lineage2.com/news/milky-way-event 

If you don't kill mobs (monsters) you will not level up. 

2) Mana potions aren't available in the game. Feoh (mages) need to kill mobs fast so their MP won't run low. Killing mobs faster requires better gear such as good weapon, gems (sapphire, blue cat's eye higher level) as well as increased attribute attack damage.

3) You follow and complete all the beginner quests till you start the Exalted quests from NPC Lionel Hunter in Heine. Those quests require you to kill 40.000 mobs in the first 2 parts and then this number increases. Every time you complete an Exalted quest you will get different low grade rewards like brooch, dragon shirt, gems (sapphire and blue cat's eye i mentioned above), exalted armor, weapon, dyes and more. A very good start with a nice weapon, armor, jewels and different kind of potions/buffs that give you stats and XP gain is to purchase the Blessed Exalted Armor pack from l2 store. You can check what this pack includes here: https://www.lineage2.com/news/17th-anniversary-store-update or click the L2 store button in the game.

In order to become "stronger" and earn money (adena), first you must spend real money  in the game. You can start by purchasing the Blessed Exalted Armor pack (robe for mages/healers, heavy for tanks/tyrrs/iss and light for damage dealers like daggers, archers) to boost  your character's stats and then you need to level up. Leveling up  your character will boost your stats more and you will unlock new areas like Tower of Insolence in lvl 110 and other limited instances in lower levels. Make sure you do Coal Mines (daily) instance every day with random parties, you will get good xp. Also, leveling up faster will require you to always have VP on (the green bar on the top left corner of your screen). How do you keep this up? Pay real money in l2 store.

The best way to make money in the game is to buy NCoins and sell them. Don't get excited when you see events like this one https://www.lineage2.com/news/love-boxes that's currently active and you think you will get items. It's simple. You will get NOTHING if you open those boxes and you will lose all your money. Better sell them to make sure you'll get adena. This is the best strategy, sell NCoin or boxes and get adena, then buy the item(s) you want directly from other players or by using the Auction House (AH).

Conclusion: Lineage 2 is a game for rich people, also known as "Pay 2 Win". If you spend real money you will take a VERY HUGE advantage (levels and items) over the other players. If you don't want to spend real money, your progress will be slow as hell. Your character must always be on and kill mobs 24hours, endlessly. The game is a mess since there are a lot of items, NPCs, etc. in the game that are outdated. New players will have a very hard time figuring out how everything works. You can do daily dungeons with random players but this requires good items, otherwise don't even think about it.

I hope i've covered everything. If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

I agree with above + u can join in a clan that does dailies epic and throne every day and every week so u can get some Adena from there too if you want to be F2P but whatever u gonna do after 110lvl u need to get P2W so u can progress further 

You cannot do epics and throne everyday only 1 day a week or 2 if you didn't do it the previous week because for some reason they reset on Saturdays.  Dailies u can do with anyone.

To be honest you cannot really earn anything adena wise unless you get lucky till 110+ and really not till 115+ where adena actually puts you ahead of the usage curve; but only with decent to good gear and a good class.  No effective way to earn adena till then unfortunately.

Hello,
First of all you have to kill mobs to lvl up so when you sleep put yourself on auto hunt, (Faster with macro mouse)
and second of all people will say you need to spend money to play, This is one way and its simple, but if you dont have money to spend, its still possible to make adena by playing the market, Buy/sell , enchant , compound, upgrade stuff, depending on the event, if you are dedicated to the game and watch closely how things works and events and promo, you can make adena and gear up. 
With gears you can farm alot adena weekly with TOI/IOS ! And all that is in game for free. 

I myself couldnt spend money and made my way up with market/farm as a free to play player since 2015+ and now im endgame geared so no its not only pay to win. If you like business then you can do great stuffs 

On 3/1/2022 at 7:00 PM, iAndouille said:

Hello,
First of all you have to kill mobs to lvl up so when you sleep put yourself on auto hunt, (Faster with macro mouse)
and second of all people will say you need to spend money to play, This is one way and its simple, but if you dont have money to spend, its still possible to make adena by playing the market, Buy/sell , enchant , compound, upgrade stuff, depending on the event, if you are dedicated to the game and watch closely how things works and events and promo, you can make adena and gear up. 
With gears you can farm alot adena weekly with TOI/IOS ! And all that is in game for free. 

I myself couldnt spend money and made my way up with market/farm as a free to play player since 2015+ and now im endgame geared so no its not only pay to win. If you like business then you can do great stuffs 

First of all you need a bank(reserve) to play business with that's why businesses takes loans to start they journey, so same in game buy nccoins sell them for adena to start your crapy way up to 115 onwards which will takes a year or so to make gear and lvl if you won't spend more cash you will be put down almost 90% of the time.

Even with 24/7 farm with 105-110 toon with crappy gear probably you are looking at 300~400kk a week.

(Cheaper to run bitcoin or eth mining for 24/7 and sell crypto and buy nccoins as electricity wise its same)

Eventually you will need spirit/soul ores ,spiritshots/soulshots which will cost you , so your adena gain cap drops down even lower , it's not recommended to start playing at this stage for free , as item advantage is crazy , compared to good old Lineage which we all loved when game mechanics was a thing and player skills was most important with C grade you could kill someone with S grade is gone , 

These days you hit 50dmg and receive 89bilion damage. Even if person is same lvl as you or even 10-20lvl lower than you.

Pretty much same with mobs if you are 113 dont think that you can kill mobs same lvl ,you have to drop down 4~5lvl zone and maybe you can farm blue mobs to make your adena income flowing.