Support class ignored by Ncsoft.

Murkan

Good Night (using google translate)

I was talking to a friend of mine who plays WOW and we were just talking about the qualities and defects of WOW and Lineage 2. Talking to him, I saw that Lineage 2 has the quality of its PVP system that is slowly losing value in the game, PVP has always been one of the most amazing things about Lineage 2 which NCsoft made sure to destroy by crafting various items and selling them in the shop, thus giving rich players to distance themselves from other players. I remember when Lineage 2 was released and the fourth class appeared, and as there were clans fighting each other everywhere, PVP was fun, everyone participated, of course there were differences in equipment level, but that was small differences, and it made the game more exciting.

I remember when support classes were super valued, they never did much damage, but they were essential in clan vs clan battles, and everyone was important, the Iss with their buffs, the healers with their heals and the Sigel with their defenses . But everything has changed, because today you just need to be very equipped, today the Iss easily replace the Healers, and class like the Death Knights replace the Sigel and Tyrr at the same time, because they do high damage like Tyrr and have defenses and abilities to stay alive reminiscent of the Sigels.

The problem is precisely that, as NCsoft treats players who like class like Sigel, Healer and Iss, they are support class, but they were always respected and essential for the game, and even so NCsoft always treated supports as supporting, have always preferred DDs, due to the fact that damage class, DDs have a lot more people playing and spending dollars buying Ncoins to equip them.

Ncsoft even tried to pretend to care about supports, creating places with powerful mobs that require Sigel, Iss and Healer, but the level of items sold in stores made this unnecessary, you now get an archer, a feoh and an iss, that's it can kill fast in strong and powerful places, proof of this that DDs arrive much faster at higher levels than supports and how support skills are being destroyed by crafted items that make DDs not even need supports as much and even so the supports keep killing slowly, they can't develop and evolve fast, because everything in the game is built to benefit DDs players, and truth be told, many players only play DD because they are the classes valued by the producer.

I believe that NCsoft has a lot to learn from Blizzard, and as the competitor manages to leave all classes balanced, functional, and all having their part in the story and when they fight together, in a party, they can each perform their role. Just like my friend said, in WOW a tank, a healer are essential in group quests, but they are classes that evolve at the same speed as a DDs, because they can go in solo quests and defeat and evolve, they can go in UP calls and kill mobs fast just like a DDs, without depending on the DDs for that, but when they go into dungeons, each one will play their role, just like he said, even a poorly equipped tank can party and evolve there, which in Lineage 2 the people are choosing lvl, level of equipment and etc, all this because the company aims at the profit and not the quality.

I know many will say, buy Ncoins and get strong, but I believe that items sold by the company should be an advantage, but I believe that this advantage shouldn't be absurd to the point of a single guy, a DDs only being able to beat several parties alone of players more or less equipped, this is terrible, it makes the game lose quality, it loses a lot of things, just see that the PVP in the game has died, it has lost value, no one feels like fighting a PVP anymore and I even I wonder what's the point of spending thousands of dollars to get powerful if it only serves to guarantee hero in the olympics and nothing else.

I remember at the beginning of the GOD expansion the Sigel didn't hit hard, but they had a very good reflect, where the DDs thought twice about hitting, and the Sigel and Healers could argue their weapons to get passive and active reflect buff and being able to have a fair fight with those who do high damage, but then came NCsoft, created several items that nullify the effects of reflects, giving more and more advantages to DDs.

Then you go to UP places and we only see a DDs and an Iss upping alone, because the DDs can kill fast, an archer even clears an area fast, those 1 hour quests, a Sigel and an Iss can't do it that alone, while an archer, with an Iss and feoh using skills that keep the mob trapped, does it quietly.

In my opinion, items sold in the store should not be created for the guy to have advantages in UPs, only in PVPs, and the game, within the game, the items of the game yes, have to be relevant to evolve your character, and that goes for the events, the same RIM KAMALOKA, the player gains more XP and items according to the speed that kills the mobs, something that an Iss, a Sigel and a Healer will never have and all events that involve killing mobs values the DDs and stops Sigel, Healer and Iss aside, NCsoft sabotages itself, it will never be able to reach the level of perfection of Blizzard's WOW, because by becoming a free game, the company chose to sell as much as it can, and when a new expansion arrives, the improvements are more focused on DDs than supports, it's time for NCsoft to rethink its policy, it's time for supports to be more valued and that goes for everything.

And how would I do:

1 - Defense class is Sigel, no class in the game can have defense abilities superior to Sigel, and the worst thing about Sigel's UDs are too high reuse and poor efficiency, reduce damage and that's all, and they are abilities that can be avoided, Sigel's previous UDs transferred damage at 100%, even that NCsoft destroyed to in my opinion serve the interests of DDs players, there are skills of the defensive DDs that are much superior to those of the Sigel, everything in Sigel comes down to, increase P.Defense by 100% or M.Defense by 100% and we know that this is basically useless, as the damage from DDs is so absurd that it ignores these increases. Another thing that destroys Sigel, skills that deactivate when using other skills, something that DDs do not suffer, those shield skills that increase defense by 100% or magic defense by 100% even, they deactivate if you use any shield skill , this destroys Sigel's fight, and DDs don't suffer from this evil, forcing Sigel to always give up something and this doesn't happen with DDs, which can activate all the skills that all worked together at the same time and the worst , Sigel's ability cooldown is the longest of any class

2 - Healer, it's the healing class of the game, but it's been losing it to Iss, another class that depends on others to evolve, it lost sense that this class still exists, see that every party players choose to have an Iss and that's it, It will level up right, because the Iss can, in addition to buff, heal at the same level and speed and keep it in good shape.
3 - Iss damage is low, another class that suffers less, because every party has one, but even so, in a fight or PVP it will have no use, just serve to buff and heal.

NCsoft created several classes, but with the updates it unbalanced everything, and has been investing in improvements most of the time in the DDs, leaving aside the supports to the point where they are always discarded, and as most players don't play why love the class and yes because the class is the darling these days, it seems that the official lineage 2 has become something like the pirates Lineage, where every expansion improves a class for the player to want to play in it and thus spend on it. An example, I always played as Sigel Eva's Templar and it was always the tank class despised by the people, the people always liked to play with Paladin, Dark Avenger and Shillen Templar, it was enough for NCsofto to improve Eva's Templar and the people who had main class with Sigel Paladino, Dark and Shillen, switch to Eva's Templar, that is, they go with the tide. Like the Evicerator, when it became the most powerful class, they dropped the other Tyrrs and invested in it and this is bad for the game, as the game loses class diversity.

There are DDs skills there that are absurdly powerful with reuse less than 5 minutes, and there are skills that only serve for defense like Sigel's UDs, which the only advantage is to keep him alive, since he doesn't do high damage even if has 15 minutes reuse. In short, in my opinion every class should have the same scheme as Sigel, if you use that skill and use that one, disable that one, to at least balance things out, I'll give an example, Feoh has the mana shield, a very appealing skill, if he uses certain skills, the mana shield will deactivate and etc, this is an example, as it will force Feoh to have to activate all the time, just like Sigel does, that if you use stun, deactivates the buff that increases defense by 100%. and 100% at m. defense. And creating ways for the supports to evolve on their own, it's simple, the company just needs to make the supports do more damage to mobs, just make Iss, Healer and Sigel have the ability to kill fast mobs without having to keep asking and humiliating themselves someone to put them in the party.

Or embed in the mobs that such support class will give so many % more in these mobs and will be all mobs, so as not to be dependent on other classes, create solo quests, and when doing an event that requires killing certain amounts of mobs, the supports have the same chance to kill at the same speed, because even in that the DDs have the advantage, RIM Kamaloka is an example of that. And the company starts to make expansions looking more at the supports and leaving the DDs aside for now, it's been years and years the game updates giving preferences to the DDs, when they decide to do something for the supports, they do a bad service that in end does not help at all.

• Thanks 1

Game changed a lot, players are using healers less and less and sometimes even iss (they use potion buffs).
The support classes are getting lost because the dd's play solo, ncsoft has to do something to remove this monotony in the game. 

Ncsoft need to give them new buffs  at 110-115-120 

lvl 110  Fantasia Harmony lvl 3 Dance of Mastery lvl 2 

lvl 115 Band Melody lvl 6 and  Resist comination lvl 2

Lvl 120  Dance of Mastery lvl 3 Band melody lvl 7

lvl 121 New  buff (speciffic to class)

So all the buff ar better then all the potion u can buy  for L2 store  and buffers can  be mandatory for play.

But  like tis they are let to rot .

• Like 1

In my opinion there is a simple recipe for keeping class balance.
Player solo = 30%
two players = 40%
three players = 50%
four players = 60%
Five players = 70%
six players = 80%
seven players = 100% and only for full party all bonus xp
With this XP and SP bonus, everyone will be adding all classes.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, McByczek said:

In my opinion there is a simple recipe for keeping class balance.
Player solo = 30%
two players = 40%
three players = 50%
four players = 60%
Five players = 70%
six players = 80%
seven players = 100% and only for full party all bonus xp
With this XP and SP bonus, everyone will be adding all classes.

Is not  about party Xp to make support  class balance   for ex( u take 1 iss and  6 dd in party not need   for tank or healer coz u kill faster  and healer u can put it out of party with macro and still heal if u  need))  and tis  u can put it in which way u want. Just for referents    wow/new age/ff7 and so on  the Dve team are fighting  so hard to put new content in the game so they can  keep  and bring new ppl in the game But here wtf  they  don't care, " take it or leave it'  tis  is the agenda.

lets face it, they are going to keep the Ncoin train running chasing whales. To even out the PVP there should be Damage lvls like a party penalty when their are more then 5 lvls in a party. Should be based on Patk/Matk, once you hit a certain amount of power, your damage gets nerfed when you attack a much lower toon, maybe like a damage reflect or just reduced damage.   50k Whales cant kill a "new to game" 112 exalted geared average player or 1 shot their entire clan like they can now. MAKES THEM WANT TO QUIT. Mid lvl PVP would bring alot of people back to game that quit because they cant afford Whale gear and want to pvp.

WOW.

Murkan, great post !

.... for someone who probably was in coma last several years :)

... as nothing changed during these years and we had 100+ topics and posts with similar info.

Game is broken and support classes are useless long time ago. The only thing which is changing in the game every couple of years is that NCSOFT change Alfa-DD class from mage to yul, from yul to tyr, etc... just to force whales to get new DD class and spend more money for new skills and gear. 

PS: the chance that NCSOFT will bring the need for support classes is 0.00001%, so its time to close this topic.

#RIPLineage2

• Like 1