Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

• L2 Team

Greetings, Lineage II Community!

Allow me to reintroduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Lineage II. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to reconnect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to reintroduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Lineage II.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Lineage II

• Like 5

@Wisp 

Nice to hear this. I wish you all the best and I hope you will also have time for L2 Classic.

I won't complain here and we'll start from the beginning so that you have time to deploy better quality of l2 classic, also for game testing and focused for new game events.

Best regards 

Prusky

Hi, I'm glad to hear that there is a chance that the game and the gaming experience will go forward.

For 3 years I have resisted negative emotions, but in the last few months I have lost a few times and I will now take it as a possible start of a new era and follow with the same gesture as Prusky.

GL 

Welcome dude!!

Please add more places for farm70+ more rooms in catacombs or necropolis maybe?? They are all afk farm and no rooms for us that we are real players. I can complete with someone who is 24hours inside the game, while i will be only for a few every day.

Please find a solution!!

Thank you

• Like 1

@Wisp Hello GM. Great news

Let me point out some issues that worries the players right now:

- Level cap!!!  right now you can grind (REAL PAINFULL GRIND) your way into level 93 (well...its possible only for 0.01% of the players) but after that is absolutely impossible - rough calculations with perma 1000% boost would take you years to level up to 94 on TOI. Server settings on monsters must be wrong cause every TOI level you climb, monsters get increased 2M HP but only a 10% increase of XP.
- because of your changes in adena drop rate (you nerfed them hard) existing players and specially the new ones that want to join have insane difficult to farm adena so they can gear up

- PvP events something that you never did is something that many players would want to have fun in the game

- More dimensional activities. One of the best things you did on the last years was the dimension dungeon Tantar..amazing to PvP versus the other server, despite the big lagg and frame rate drop in the instance...performance wise you can do better. MORE stuff like that is appreciated.

Theres so much we can say...i will brainstorm and come up with other ideas

• Like 1

I agree with @ashlariondel.

@Wissp there are something wrong with ToI setting. Ppl fight for spot toi 1-2-3-4, but from 5 and above, mobs hit like a truck but give less exp. Please review exp and mob strength at toi 5-6-7 and above so ppl can go there and farm. It will help lower level can farm at toi1-2 too when high level move up, currently Lv.90 still keep all rooms in toi1, that's is not true about ToI.

@Wissp Please revise the circlet enchant too, I try 2000+ enchant package, failed all and get only +6 circlet, and now the event give free +6.

• Like 2

More ideas from players that love this game and been playing this server since 2018/2019
- L2 pass was amazing!! bring back L2 pass
- Bring back montly good rewards from monthly missions like TOP advanced enchant weapon like you did on 2022 - economy on the server was amazing on that event.
- Like tantar dungeon, DIMENSIONAL SIEGE WOULD BE AMAZING for PvP engaging - check discord comunity of TI server ...since tantar people are engaging so much.
- Previous event Pay to win boxes that gave players  seals of giran was very good: so you buy boxes for a chance of item but you would allways get a seal for that and then you could trade those seals from stuff that you wanted on dimensionnal merchant - that should be a permant feature of the pay to win boxes. You spent NCcoins, no luck on boxes but you get seals and trade for stuff that you want...very good business model.

- Revamp TOI - all TOI is extreme M.Def..mages dont farm there like fighters do and its the best XP/hour place on L2 classic. Right now, the strongest characters on the server can farm TOI 5 but nothing above, making harder for other players to find a place for them. and TOI is 12 floors of monsters...revamp that so people on the server can spread on all floors, the strongest go higher, weaker people stay on lower floors...
- Or Revamp LoA for mages....

- If you only bring the Korea settings into here,with no update for reality here -  please think on this... NC Coins in korea are 10 times cheaper than here...we cant compare in terms of power / gear

• Like 3

Hello @Wissp

I've heard of you in past and your personal achievements in old NC. I hope what you say is true and I look forward to see a more interested and attentive company toward the game and its players from now on. :)

There is much to work over... Not only for the older players, but first and foresmost, for the new ones, if you want the community to grow back up, because right now it has become incredibly small. Most newbies leave very early, because it's extremely difficult to play a game where every single mechanic has been made slow (skill books have a super low drop %, adena barely drops anymore so you spend everything in consumables and never get enough to buy gear, most areas are full of people because 90% of the map in Classic is empty and would need a rework so that everyone has a chance to find a place to play).

Yes I know that we're supposed to pvp to conquer the areas, but let me tell you that this mindset doesn't work anymore in 2023. Pvp should be encouraged through other wise, not as the only means of being able to play at all. Nobody likes to lose exp anymore, and be engaged in annoying wars that only end up having you PKed while you sleep, wasting your entire night of exp and electricity (for keeping your PC on).

I joined back after many years in old L2, and in 3 months I achieved pretty nothing... I must only thank the fact I met some friends that helped me a lot, because otherwise I'd have ended up leaving much like everyone else.

• Like 2

Yes I agree that new sales event with Seals of Giran when box is opened is good, keep it going. But actually this is not new for other region like KR,JP,RU... They got it years ago. And they got crafting events which can offer strong items like Protection Armors, Greater Gems...  to fight with ToI mob, but here at NA we don't have anything and can't fight high floor on ToI.

@Wissp

Please take a look at KR newest event: https://lineage2.plaync.com/board/l2update/view?articleId=64768046c2613b5c11a9db23

They have very nice crafting events:

* 2 x Seal of Giran for a Stable Armor/Weapon Enchant Scroll S Grade.

* 10 x Seal of Giran for a Advanced Stable Armor/Weapon Enchant Scroll S Grade.

* 111 Seal of Giran for any +12 Guardian Helm/Boots/Gaunlet crafting try (10% success rate usually)

And previous event: https://lineage2.plaync.com/board/l2update/view?articleId=646400a40f0a4a02bd8c4819

* 77 Seal of Giran for any +12 Guardian Armor part crafting try (10% success rate usually)

That's what we need to fight with current ToI mobs.

Ehh,

Comparing to crafting events that NCSoft West/NC America made:

Current event: https://www.lineage2.com/en-us/news/sayha-s-treasure-chest-promotion

* 204 x Seal of Giran for Advance Stable Scroll: Enchant Weapon (S Grade)

* 48 x Seal of Giran for Advance Stable Scroll: Enchant Armor (S Grade)

* 12 x Seal of Giran for Stable Scroll: Enchant Weapon (S Grade)

* 15 x Seal of Giran for Stable Scroll: Enchant Armor (S Grade)

Previous event:

https://www.lineage2.com/en-us/news/love-strongboxes-promotion

177 UNOPENED boxes for one special armor crafting try (10% success rate)

• Administrators

Hello, everyone.

We have gone through every comment on the forum.

We will soon post a thread that summarizes all your comments to better understand your opinions and to get more feedback.

We then will communicate with other departments to apply the feedback as much as possible.

We do realize your love and care for Lineage II, and will put our best effort to improve the game, events, and promotions based on your feedback.

Thank you.

Eva

• Like 3

Hello,
@GM_EVA @Wisp

I just collected suggestions from my friends and clan mate:

1. System msg.
Damage/System/etc messages are available in chat (we also dont know when we port to olympiad)

2. Restart time
Tuesday restart will postpone for one hour due to olympiad in the same time.

3. My teleport scroll
Returned 3-slot My Teleport Book to the NCoin store
Make teleport scrols tradeable like before.

4. Autoteleport to town
Removed autoteleport of dead characters to town

5. Show slots
Added back info number of items in inventory/total inventory capacity to the status bar (i.e. '123/160')

6. Gems
Fixed issue with Aquamarine gems, where stats have changed and make them useless (possibly gem from another version, like Aden?)
Last event for gems we had more then one year.

7. Circlet of hero
Add to crafting blessed Circlet of hero.
Chance for enchanting hero circlet is diferent then we see in inforbar, please fix

8. Transfromation
Remove imprint from transbook or add more events for transbook. Now is imposible get Mythic Transformation.
1x Mythic = 1800 strandart books  = 49 years to make one

9. Extract scrols
Please add extract scroll to NCOIN shop

10. L2 PASS
Please add back monthly L2 PASS

11. Monthly mission
Please change monthly mission like one year back. We had every three months tradeable items and final reward was Topgrade Stable enchant weapon S.

12. Events
Please add more events where we must do something, for example:
Baium festivals, Frozen Area, Watermelon event etc.
Also check reward from events, for example last event we recieved PATK +5... This is absolutelly useless. Add for us PATK +5% then is motivation to get.

13. Cloaks
Well we recieved new opurtinity with new cloaks. What about old cloaks? Do you plan add again events for old Cloaks? Because we invested a lot of euros and now guys have cloaks +7, +10 and wants better. Where we will buy old scrolls?

14. Locations for farm
- TOP players reach TOI 5, other floors isn't possible farm, because monsters are to hard
- LOA have less adena and XP then TOI, so this is not fair for MAGE
- Imperial tombs have bad respawn, adena is verry less, xp also, mobs  are hard, so this location is almost empty
- Dragon valley have also hard mobs, verry low adena, so also almost empty
- RUNE Castle is there but around town there is no monsters,  please add to maps: 
Valley of Saints
Forest of Dead
Swamp of screams
Beast farm
Catacombs & Necropolis 80+

• Like 1

I do not agree with Catacombs and Necropolis 80+ @prusky

You only speak for old players, new players barely have anywhere to go since you occupy almost the entirety of two catacombs for example, and you want to raise the level of those places, so where will newbies go then?

Instead they should re-open ALL catacombs and necropolis that were closed for no reason.

It is about time they released the Elmore Kingdom the way it was supposed to be and you could make some of those areas 80+ to accomodate the older players needs.

They should also rework all the open world areas that are currently unused and empty (some of them literally have only 3-4 mobs at best).

They should review the XP tables for these areas, which were supposed to escalate (they did in old L2, upon which Classic is based) with your level... instead, right now we have 4000 to 10000 xp from ants, and when you move to 40+ areas, then 50+, then 60+ they all give the same xp (7k-14k). I tried to exp by doing the Hunting V dailies in Plains of Glory for a couple week and that got me only one level (from 65 to 66). And Plains of Glory is one of the most "usable" areas, since many others have raid bosses spread around, resulting in your characters dying when you turn auto-hunt on (and so no one uses those places). All mobs should be grouped up like Ruins of Agony, or you should move raids to an empty space and keep mobs all together like in Abandoned Camp. All dangerous and useless things should be removed from the hunting areas (quest monsters no longer used that hit like trucks and give no adena as an example).

As a result of all this, the only people you find open world are grinding adena and do not care of xp, and also, newbies can only go to xp in Cruma 3 and Cruma 2, which is also crowded for adena farming, if not for a few rooms that are being kept free by a kind player.

I forgot to mention that the XP from Plains of Glory didn't come from monsters but from the completion of the 30 mobs daily (and the scrolls it yields). If I were to levelup only by mobs, it would probably take a couple months.

Hallo @Wissp  nice too hear that someone want our feedback!  I would say classic need a reset!  And need too be like the name says  Classic! 

I play this game from the very beggining  a lot of years illegal servers and official.

We need craft! We need castles not only one every region their own taxes!

We need olympiad system with 5 buffs! No hp pots normal hardcore oly that need fingers! 

We need all zones that it had or put slowly zones and cities like heine. We would be happy if laba kamaloka where here so we have too make pts again and play like team! 

We would be happy if we had all this quests for adena for recipes for subclasses for nobless  and all quests that we was playing! 

We have a nostalgie about thoose things!

Clan wars not like now whennu have a war and both side aggree u get karma by killing!  pk panishment with drop items! 

Farming zones are extremely hard dragon valley is harder than loa ! Nobody goes too farm there! After 80 u cant farm if u dont have perfect gear!  

We need multyplayer content like more instances like freya instance or what ever that u have too make a quest too be able too join the rb instance .

New rbs like valakas beleth.

After this freeze flaming armors. U should put dynasty moirai and u know the row of the armors that normaly was on lineage2.

Transformation books should be farm able and tradeable again! Now if one new player 20 years old start this game he must play till his 70 too make mythic Transformation  😆 

On the farming zones the mobs are hard too kill we spend a lot of ss and we dont get adenas not even for our ss! Ss not craftable any more. So we have too farm in low lvls for some adena that dont help the bewbie players! So normaly dv and loa should give some more adena for reward ! And ss craft able.

Crafter spoiler atm are the most useless class nobody play them and they was a must have class! Spoil dont have chances ! We dont have any database too know where too spoil what! And the chances!  The same about drop we dont know antthing! So no one know where too go to farm what active !

All this make crafters useless because no one spoik too make something crafter cannot make adena from ss selling!  And a lot of things about thoose 2 awesome class!  Pls bring our dwarf and this awesome spoil craft system back! We need this! 

We need  active events for clans and cps with motivation too get a good reward!  

Gems should be farm able and pay able so the company make profit but they should be farmable like live server! I dosent make fun wen we must wait 1 year for a pay to win event too get some must have items!

Hardins venirs talisman of powers etc shoukd be farm able too! We need a balance with pay more easy with farm a bit harder but we shoukd be able too get thiose things on our daily farm! Like company u can make a payable season pass so u get money  or something else we will support u just give us the game we know all this years! 

I am sure i forget something now but i am sure u guys know the game and the history behind this game and all the things that we had on older chronicals like h5 interlude and older! We need all this back! 

Ahhh and if possible too give us back wolf kokabura etc woukd have fun! I hope u read all this  and spend some attention on us ! Best regards!

• Like 2

I started Lineage 2 live in closed beta. So I've played the game off and on since then (mostly off due to life). By the time C4 had rolled around I was up to 4 monthly paid accounts. I started classic day one because I wanted the early days experience. The joy of leveling with my wolf as I used the manor system to get myself going. The simply joy of running through several rooms in a necro/cata on my dwarf as part of a pole party. In hindsight I got waaay too much enjoyment out of perfectly landing a train and the visual of all those fragment drops. Now a dwarf is dead weight and all those areas I leveled in don't even exist...

I started classic day one because I figured "well at least maybe they'll add some of the content they removed and at least it's somewhat close of an experience on a legal server". My group ended up expanding to a full 9 man party because I kept wanting to experience classes I missed in the live server's early days.  Outside of everything people listed above the experience was decent. I got to experience some of that early day server style PVP and such. By the time my group started hitting 80 though things had changed dramatically.  People were quitting due to the Pay to Win that was being introduced. That meant a lot of rage quitter reds running around ganking just to gank. The "update" to make perma reds have no real downside didn't help. At 80 one death eliminated 7 days of 24 hour grinding. The good (relative as I consider it crap still) adena spots were just a slaughterfest forcing me to run in the dark corners of the "don't support 1 shot usage" adena areas. So even though I was 80 I didn't have the gear to go to any of the spots I was supposed to go. The only people who had the ability to go to those areas were those using bots and/or the recently blatantly P2W stuff. When I started experiencing random disconnects I decided it was time to move on. Nostalgia had hit a limit and I dipped for a few years.

I recently came back a few months ago and I have not been able to even level my main characters (the 80 squad). This time it was because any spot I could run is already taken by someone with reds that are higher level than me. The gank system is just as terrible as when I quit.  So I've been busying myself with lower level characters because I can at least still find places to level and feel something from the game. The only reason I've been able to get to 76 is because of a handful of people on my server who keep rooms available for newbies in cruma. One fellow in particular does an excellent job of keeping SV clear of farmers for me to at least have one character leveling past 76.  Otherwise I imagine trying to do the class change quest at 76 would be an absolute nightmare. The recent events have done an excellent job of catching me up to the bare minimum of "baseline" in p2w items.

My simple request is please put the content back in. All that fun stuff that existed in the real lineage 2 classic that was removed for no apparent reason.

TLDR : I agree with the above posts in this thread.

Thanks @LaSantera for mentioning something I forgot. Crafting system.

Look out there, it's full of sandbox games, survival games, and even your so-much-loved mobile games are all crafting-focused. People love to collect materials and craft things, both necessary and cosmetics.

In my own personal gaming experienced, Lineage II had one of the most interesting crafting system I ever tried. There are dozens of items we could try to craft even just to collect them, and it's a different way of obtaining things too for those that prefer it to grinding adena and relying on other people's drops and random crafts (which are not worth the effort 99% of the time - you get lucky and get something useful 1 time out of 100 points).

I know many people, myself included, who still try to craft and collect materials, using UNOFFICIAL databases made by fans out of desperation. Most of the things were however removed or the drop made impossible (0.005% spoil means you need to actively kill that monster for several months). It-doesn't-make-sense. Because most of the times we talk about C-B items that are not even used that much but people would craft them for fun.

Right now spoil and sweep in auto-hunt are even super broken. The dwarf will just spam them and consume all mana, just to forget sweeping before moving on to the next target. So if you want your recipe at the new rate of "just" 0.01% you got to become miserable in active play. (There was NEVER an item with such a low rate, even in the old grindy L2)

A long time ago you could even craft hair pins with the materials gathered by fishing, and you can still make agathion in the Live server in a similar fashion.

Crafting is one (but not the only) of those side activities that would enrich the game and give people more stuff to do, but you removed it entirely, along with the pet system, a barebones fishing system, quests etc etc.

• Like 1