Is it worth getting a stage 1 DW weapon even if it's the wrong attack attribute? Feoh gear

Ekaterina_Valina

11 hours ago, Ekaterina_Valina said:

I've been observing  feoh DW prices. Ive seen earth and fire ones go for as low as 300-350b ea before. But Im a storm screamer and we use wind.  The ones with the attack attribute I need usually go for 800b and only seen it go as low as 700b.

The attribute attack type doesn't matter for quite some time.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:57 PM, Ekaterina_Valina said:

I've been observing  feoh DW prices. Ive seen earth and fire ones go for as low as 300-350b ea before. But Im a storm screamer and we use wind.  The ones with the attack attribute I need usually go for 800b and only seen it go as low as 700b.

It all adds to your overall attribute damage, so no, it's not a problem if you use wind or dark on your Storm Screamer, but have a Fire, Water, Holy, Earth element on your weapon. What should matter most to you is the high magic crit rate and damage that you get from a DW. All of them (two hand staff, one hand staff, mage sword) are better than R110 in that respect, because you can also increase that % with SA. And you also get +50 attribute than with R110, so it's a win all around. 

But don't spend too much on one. 300-400b seems about right for a one handed mage weapon. Maybe add another 150-200b for a two hand staff, but the difference isn't that noticeable, tbh. You could use that extra 200b on items that increase your m. skill crit rate/damage.

• Like 1

It does matter, and it matters a lot.
All the skills with the "attribute" icon at bottom right corner will be affected.

I.e Elemental storm & Elemental burst.
These skills will attack with attribute based on your stance, if you dont have matching attribute on weapon you will attack without any attribute (very low damage).
Some skills are different, such as Updraft Destruction for example will always attack with "Wind" attribute and it doesnt matter which attribute your weapon is.
Same for Comet strike & quadruple elemental.

Your main DPS is from Elemental storm and burst, so changing it would be pretty massive damage loss.

Example DPS with test feoh:
Wind weapon & Wind stance, elemental storm damage = 26k
Wind weapon & dark stance, elemental storm damage = 17,4k

50% damage difference!

No wonder there are so many trash feohs around if theyre running with wrong weapon attribute 🤣

• Like 3

I think I'd rather have a weapon that gave me over +40% m. skill crit rate than one that matched my element, but had far lower skill crit rate.

But if you can afford a DW1, then you can also afford a +23+24+25 R110, which gets you in the same general neighborhood, if not same street address, in terms of magic damage. You may not crit as much, but there are always trade-offs either way.

any mage DW stage 1 is fairly worse than any limited +21 . It is not recommended to use DW stage 1 on any feoh even with correct attributes. If you want dw  on mage , it has to be at least stage 2. Otherwise damage output is reduced. You want ST1 only in case you are about to upgrade it or have claws or something like that. 

In any other cases , use +21 limited and invest money into red arts for attribute and red +10 skill arts.

• Like 1

Listen to people that tested both weapons Dw and limited . Those who provide numbers and no speculations from something they heard or someone who told them . Dw is Dw. So many people invested on dws all are dumb and those with +21 the smart ones? We tested ourselves Dws for fighters and feohs and they have strong passives + the sa but the cost of augment is high.it’s not only the 700b you ll spend to buy but the billions for augments maybe from 50b to 500b to get it . +24 before the update I would have said is better but with 30% rate on dw now is no. With wrong element is a disaster . Test your self by buying attribute crystal and put it to your limited . It will cost you but you will see the difference. Those who still think dws are worst than +21 are those who never had one . And don’t forget if your surrounding gear is crap don’t expect any weapon to make miracles because all accessories / gear stats multiply to your weapon stats .

• Like 2

Hmmm...something to ponder.

I've never tried it, but most people choose Feoh Storm Screamer because of higher INT. DE natural magic attributes is wind and dark. If that person uses a DW with fire, earth, water, etc., maybe it is true that they are not truly maximizing damage.

But what if they rolled a Feoh Elf or Human? The Elf gets water element skills, the human gets fire, iirc. While their base INT and matk is lower than DE, doesn't this mean that they would do more damage with a DW that matches their respective elements than a DE using a +21 - +23 Limited with Wind or Dark element?

If I gave a Feoh Elf a Farfurion Retributor (500 Water Element) and matched it against a Feoh DE that had a Limited +24 Retrib (450 Wind), which would do the greatest damage?

Also, don't Elf get more WIT naturally than a DE? Does that factor into equation? More WIT mean more magic skill crits, right? I realize that there are other skills that distinguish the two, but want to keep this simple, if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 12:39 AM, Get2ThePoint said:

Hmmm...something to ponder.

I've never tried it, but most people choose Feoh Storm Screamer because of higher INT. DE natural magic attributes is wind and dark. If that person uses a DW with fire, earth, water, etc., maybe it is true that they are not truly maximizing damage.

But what if they rolled a Feoh Elf or Human? The Elf gets water element skills, the human gets fire, iirc. While their base INT and matk is lower than DE, doesn't this mean that they would do more damage with a DW that matches their respective elements than a DE using a +21 - +23 Limited with Wind or Dark element?

If I gave a Feoh Elf a Farfurion Retributor (500 Water Element) and matched it against a Feoh DE that had a Limited +24 Retrib (450 Wind), which would do the greatest damage?

Also, don't Elf get more WIT naturally than a DE? Does that factor into equation? More WIT mean more magic skill crits, right? I realize that there are other skills that distinguish the two, but want to keep this simple, if possible.

The (race) stats between them is not the deciding factor as to why people play a storm screamer, yes having higher INT will be slightly better but thats it.
The question of having the correct attribute applies whether or not you're storm screamer, mystic muse or archmage - you need the correct one at all times.

So a DW1 wep with correct attribute vs +24 limited w/o correct attribute?
DW1 will win

DW1 with correct attribute vs +24 with correct attribute?
+24 will win

Talking pve dmg here.