Non-CP Clans

Bluephies

Is anyone planning on doing clans that are not CP-based? Which means you make parties with whoever is online.

My experience from two years on Skelth is that, with the exception of top-tier no-lifer CP's, most CP's are 3-5 people online boxing 2-3 characters via account-sharing. 3-5 people operating 9-10 characters isn't much better than the forever alone guys running 3-4 boxes behind their mains.

Of course making parties out of what's available isn't nearly as competitive as set CP's, but let's be realistic here and admit not all of us are going to be spending 10+ hrs in game fighting for the best XP spots and all the raid bosses, tooth and nail, loss after loss, death after death and coming back for more. Plenty of us will be fighting for the not-as-great exp spots with less than great party setups, so why not admit that to ourselves and make a clan accordingly so like archer, nuker or melee themed, but no set parties.

Feel free to boo me off the stage. :(

19 hours ago, Enthused said:

Check out Dynasty. There is a post in the clan recruitment section here on the Classic side.

It would not work well to be a mid-tier satellite to a top-tier clan because the mid-tier will get pk'ed, griefed, and warred by higher level top-tier enemies just for association.

It would have to be a whole system of mid-tier clans warring other mid-tier clans and steering clear of top-tier activities.

5 hours ago, Bluephies said:

It would not work well to be a mid-tier satellite to a top-tier clan because the mid-tier will get pk'ed, griefed, and warred by higher level top-tier enemies just for association.

It would have to be a whole system of mid-tier clans warring other mid-tier clans and steering clear of top-tier activities.

I think you may be confused as to what Dynasty is.

A lot CP's are "closed" CP's I guess you could say where if their SWS isn't online and a clan or ally SWS is lfp, the CP logs their CP SWS and boxes it and leaves the active SWS in the cold. They don't want their CP SWS falling behind in levels. I don't want to play this way anymore. "Closed" CP's only work for the no-lifer guys who have 7-8 online every night unlike the wannabe CP's that have max 5 people unless it's siege day. I hope there enough people to make a misfits movement on the server where people are happy to play at their level and top-tier players let us be our substandard selves in peace.

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, Bluephies said:

Is anyone planning on doing clans that are not CP-based? Which means you make parties with whoever is online.

My experience from two years on Skelth is that, with the exception of top-tier no-lifer CP's, most CP's are 3-5 people online boxing 2-3 characters via account-sharing. 3-5 people operating 9-10 characters isn't much better than the forever alone guys running 3-4 boxes behind their mains.

Of course making parties out of what's available isn't nearly as competitive as set CP's, but let's be realistic here and admit not all of us are going to be spending 10+ hrs in game fighting for the best XP spots and all the raid bosses, tooth and nail, loss after loss, death after death and coming back for more. Plenty of us will be fighting for the not-as-great exp spots with less than great party setups, so why not admit that to ourselves and make a clan accordingly so like archer, nuker or melee themed, but no set parties.

Feel free to boo me off the stage. :(

Unrest does not use Cp's, my powers of Necromancy are unparalleled.

Archived