Catacombs on release?

Kirsan

On the reveal stream the producer told us that the catacombs will be in the game @ launch. We think he might've made a mistake and he was going to say that the catacombs are going to be in the game, but they're not going to be there at launch to stay true to 1.5 experience. Can you please confirm which one is it? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Who cares? catas starting at lvl65 anyways.
When the first ppl gonna make 65? 2 months?

2 months? Try 2 weeks :D You don't wanna know. And it does make a big difference. They affect the economy, the price of mats, etc.

Price of mats y?

If some1 rushes they dont rush with a spoiler like "ah we need mats"

No.

If they rush they need XP. in optimised XP party there is no slot for spoilers, thats the only way u get lots of mats if u go necropolis with spoiler and loop - and there is no loop now.

Also other things

- core and orfen lvl52 - if u wanna be top, maybe make mains, level to 52, stop, level AQ mages so u can contest epics

- even if not, materials will be consumed by the thousands for just simple top C grade crafts

Catas are more like long term problem, but i think by cutting loopmacros, they seriously decreased material supply.

And then increased it slightly with silver coins. I think it will balance out.

The big problem can be if 1 side rushes, gets to high level without facing any resistance, like all others would be casuals, or 2-3 big clans make alliance and own everything no matter what. That can cause problems in balance.

You are making a fair point, but i still think you are underestimating the power of 200%+ exp boost from all the l2store/fishing/etc + 2nd profession buff scrolls from lvl1. And you are right about the 1 side dominating the server, that's a much bigger concern. I guess we'll see what happens.

8 hours ago, Kirsan said:

On the reveal stream the producer told us that the catacombs will be in the game @ launch. We think he might've made a mistake and he was going to say that the catacombs are going to be in the game, but they're not going to be there at launch to stay true to 1.5 experience. Can you please confirm which one is it? Thanks.

Calling it "1.5" has really confused a lot of people. The launch day patch is a much newer version of Classic, with a few certain features toggled off. It is not 1.5.

8 hours ago, Cardano said:

Price of mats y?

If some1 rushes they dont rush with a spoiler like "ah we need mats"

No.

If they rush they need XP. in optimised XP party there is no slot for spoilers, thats the only way u get lots of mats if u go necropolis with spoiler and loop - and there is no loop now.

Also other things

- core and orfen lvl52 - if u wanna be top, maybe make mains, level to 52, stop, level AQ mages so u can contest epics

- even if not, materials will be consumed by the thousands for just simple top C grade crafts

Catas are more like long term problem, but i think by cutting loopmacros, they seriously decreased material supply.

And then increased it slightly with silver coins. I think it will balance out.

The big problem can be if 1 side rushes, gets to high level without facing any resistance, like all others would be casuals, or 2-3 big clans make alliance and own everything no matter what. That can cause problems in balance.

did you ever play classic before ??

on Russian / EU Classic every single tryhard CP had spoiler running with them on 50-60 zones

Archived