Olympiad ....

GillGalad

Hi there.  Its there have someone who can explain  Olympiad random, cos its kinda imposible for me to understand how the ********  i meet just same ppl for hole month i make like 30 mach on Olympiad, and  i get fight  vs heros like 25 times and  in total for all my 30 mach i meet  just  7 difrend ppl; no mater Friday or Saturday , no mater in 1 week or  4 week from monts.
Aaa  and  dont forget i got around  20-70 points in my best way and meet a ppl with 400+ points.
pls  somone explain in simple language.

This is easy.

NC goes overboard with P2W -> Lots of people quit -> NC responds by ruining fishing, adding more P2W, cloaks etc. -> More people quit = Only people left doing Oly are the poor whales playing with themselves, oh and you apparently.

I noticed this getting a lot worse throughout 2017. After you rack up around 50 points, you fight heroes, and there is only so many of them. Some you can beat, but most of them have thousands, tens of thousands, of USD in their toon. You know, full lvl 5 and 6 broach jewels, +10 shirts, +16 weps and or dragon weps..... the usual whale setup.

A little over a year ago, is wasn't so bad. The cloaks didn't exist, the lvl 6 jewels didn't exist, there weren't as many +10 shirts and +10 PvP sets in existence. A lot more people were engaged still. 

This is actually exhibit "A". NC and friends have been warned repeatedly that the decisions they have made and continue to make are at the expense of L2 as an enjoyable game/hobby for the majority of their player base. IMO 2017 is a benchmark year where they drove so many people away that the tailspin is in effect. I saw the markets crash and not recover, not that this is a bad thing, but it was a sign of stagnation. I saw less and less Oly participation. I saw less siege activity, with the exception being the Aden field fueled by the influx of Zakenites, and that is basically just most of the whales left on the server right there. The whales will become equal in numbers to the non whales as they continue to exit to newer less P2W games. Eventually, the whales will become the majority, bravo, they will have finally beat the game. 

You can't blame the whales though, a fool and his money will soon be parted. Its just a shame it had to be at the expense of such a good piece of art.

-CS

Hey Gill, wining in oly when you belong in a small clan like ours is 70% gear-20%strategy-10% luck :) from here you can estimate your rating...some have 5-5, some have 7-3 some have 10-0. If you have enough gear and a strategy and your rating is 5-5 or worst you are doing smthing wrong :P .

I think the question was about matchmaking mechanics. From what I heard it dependents firstly on number of matches you had and only then on how many points you have. Which IMO is stupid and senseless, I think it should solely match ppl with about the same pts. 

Archived