Classic Rates explained. why it is a problem.

Sailence1

We have the original Korea classic rates.   They are unsustainable and have been changed due to massive complaints.  I believe you can reach out to NCkorea and obtain the correct drop table for 1.5 classic.  When skelth opened they opted not to take the orignal korea classic rates because of the fact you can not sustain.  This was done to prevent botting, however, the flaw is this.  10 adena is worth the same as 1000 adena based how easy it is to obtain.  So it will never stop botting/sellers on this alone.  Same amount of time is the same dollar to them no matter what drop rates are, because the value is in how hard or easy the adena is to obtain.

Pleae fix this or you will have a lot of people quit.  Even with the proper drop rates and adena people will struggle to obtain proper gear.

1 minute ago, Sailence1 said:

We have the original Korea classic rates.   They are unsustainable and have been changed due to massive complaints.  I believe you can reach out to NCkorea and obtain the correct drop table for 1.5 classic.  When skelth opened they opted not to take the orignal korea classic rates because of the fact you can not sustain.  This was done to prevent botting, however, the flaw is this.  10 adena is worth the same as 1000 adena based how easy it is to obtain.  So it will never stop botting/sellers on this alone.  Same amount of time is the same dollar to them no matter what drop rates are, because the value is in how hard or easy the adena is to obtain.

Pleae fix this or you will have a lot of people quit.  Even with the proper drop rates and adena people will struggle to obtain proper gear.

Absolutely correct.  Adena value is relative to how difficult it is to obtain for regular players vs how difficult it is to obtain for bots; i.e. time to dollar ratio.

If that difference is identical (which it currently is, or close to it), the value stays the same regardless of how much adena actually drops.

There will be individual exceptions, I am talking about the mean, obviously.

NCsoft west has SS on the credit card store though, thats why they like it, they can milk the whales until the game dies. In 15 years have you ever seen NCSoft West do a good job at a game? From City of Heroes, to Aion, to Tabula Rasa, B&S, Wildstar, etc... the only game run properly is GW2 and that's because NCsoft gave dev and publishing 100% control to Arenanet.

IF NCWest had half a brain they'd shut down and let arenanet's management take over and grow their operation.

27 minutes ago, Oreoloveboss said:

NCsoft west has SS on the credit card store though, thats why they like it, they can milk the whales until the game dies. In 15 years have you ever seen NCSoft West do a good job at a game? From City of Heroes, to Aion, to Tabula Rasa, B&S, Wildstar, etc... the only game run properly is GW2 and that's because NCsoft gave dev and publishing 100% control to Arenanet.

IF NCWest had half a brain they'd shut down and let arenanet's management take over and grow their operation.

Aion , at least until they went F2P , was a very good game. True, at launch was pretty bad, but after 1.9 patch , Aion was lovely.

GW2 is doing a fantastic job and as far as I heard, NcSoft is pretty handsoff from ArenaNet. 

Wildstar , the game I was waiting, was NOT NcSoft fault for failing. Moreso Carbine, which had no clue wtf they were doing, restarting the project more then few times, same goes with Tabula Rasa.

But I agree, NcSoft since .. 2012 or so, has started to slowly become a 2nd company, while in the past, it was NcSoft and Blizzard in terms of MMO's.

Archived