What is the best weapon for Hierophant? (Magical, Physical or "Mixed")?

Arcanjo

Skill:

See its:

I'm still playing around with it, But I don't think it's worth the BSSR(with on-screen Damage it shows P.Dam + M.Damage) I had some Event BSSR and Dual Swords, maybe with Retributer it could be better... I went through about 4k BSSR before I turned it off(Higher M.Atk and single blows??) it isn't alot of M.Damage, but any extra DPS is welcome(the Buff boosts both P.Atk and M.Atk  more with each level).

On 17/01/2018 at 9:12 PM, Arcanjo said:

Skill:

See its:

I'm still playing around with it, But I don't think it's worth the BSSR(with on-screen Damage it shows P.Dam + M.Damage) I had some Event BSSR and Dual Swords, maybe with Retributer it could be better... I went through about 4k BSSR before I turned it off(Higher M.Atk and single blows??) it isn't alot of M.Damage, but any extra DPS is welcome(the Buff boosts both P.Atk and M.Atk  more with each level).

I have Hierophant! I have same doubt. :/

On 1/18/2018 at 1:12 AM, Arcanjo said:

If you want to do damage make yourself a favor and lvl up a damage dealer. ISS will never do the same damage as even the worst DD class with the same gear.

Solo hunting, even tho you can do it with proper build, is just a w8st of time. And in party if you're the one needing to do the dmg find another party.

39 minutes ago, Nuky said:

PS: I've seen few iss who use robe + mage weapon(body+body acumen)SA, but like i mentioned above they focus on complete support during

only overlords should use magic oriented gear for obvious reasons

If NcSoft will contiue to introduce new items in same manner Healers will be obsolete soon :). Now, Imagine a high lvl ISS who have Angel Ress 100% with a virgo aghation(rebirth), a libra aghation(balance life) an a gemini for an extra ress. And btw, with this aghation promo...mass pvp die for good.

Back on topic, i saw a very small diference in damage....that magic atack is too low to consider. Iss need a warior weapon, have no doubt about that.

9 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

If NcSoft will contiue to introduce new items in same manner Healers will be obsolete soon :). Now, Imagine a high lvl ISS who have Angel Ress 100% with a virgo aghation(rebirth), a libra aghation(balance life) an a gemini for an extra ress. And btw, with this aghation promo...mass pvp die for good.

Back on topic, i saw a very small diference in damage....that magic atack is too low to consider. Iss need a warior weapon, have no doubt about that.

Tax damage was practically doubled.

Topic: http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1828&start=200

with Retributer 

FOGlH6?1487096787

with Dualswords

HrQJYk?1487097003

4 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Question was related to magic damage not to weapon type :)

This is the point, I have magical damage added to my normal damage, and I want to know how to maximize this damage, on average I have a 35% lower p.atk than the Doomcryer (I am hierophant and my husband Doomcryer and we have exactly the same equipment Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V), but reading around I found that I should activate the BSSR or SSR, I do not remember and they will count on the magical damage I give in the normal hit.

I dont think the diference is 35%, Im hierophant 101 and I have like 40 000 patack and i can farm most area with him but no so eficient. A dd do the job x4 faster.Just a friendly advice,  maximize the damage on iss is kinda a frustrating process. You shoud do what Nuky said, boost defence...and play 2 chars, 1 dd+1 iss.This is the fast way to lvl up.

Regarding weapon example you did post...its about game mechanics. Dual swords/dual weapons work diferent then 2h weapons. To count a hit with dualsword you need to hit with both hands, usualy you give a critical hit with one and a normal with other>>>x2+x1>>75% of a critical hit with 2h weapon>>>to be on par with 2h weapon you have to crit with both hands.

Regarding magic damage, I told you i didnt notice much diference....that is hapening due to many factors like:

-your build: you use warior stats and build and you cant pretend to do magic damage, even with oe retributer you cant do signifiant damage.

-mobs, rbs and ppl have a standard higher resistance to magic...thats why a mage to be on par with a warior need x4 matack(I might be wrong on that, i dont remember exactly)...

Conclusion is: to matter that magic damage you should rich like 300-500 000 matack...and we have like under 30 000>>>added magic output damage under 1% more like 0.2-0.3 % to your standard damage.

Now do the math...worth to switch on BSSR?

5 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

I dont think the diference is 35%, Im hierophant 101 and I have like 40 000 patack and i can farm most area with him but no so eficient. A dd do the job x4 faster.Just a friendly advice,  maximize the damage on iss is kinda a frustrating process. You shoud do what Nuky said, boost defence...and play 2 chars, 1 dd+1 iss.This is the fast way to lvl up.

Regarding weapon example you did post...its about game mechanics. Dual swords/dual weapons work diferent then 2h weapons. To count a hit with dualsword you need to hit with both hands, usualy you give a critical hit with one and a normal with other>>>x2+x1>>75% of a critical hit with 2h weapon>>>to be on par with 2h weapon you have to crit with both hands.

Regarding magic damage, I told you i didnt notice much diference....that is hapening due to many factors like:

-your build: you use warior stats and build and you cant pretend to do magic damage, even with oe retributer you cant do signifiant damage.

-mobs, rbs and ppl have a standard higher resistance to magic...thats why a mage to be on par with a warior need x4 matack(I might be wrong on that, i dont remember exactly)...

Conclusion is: to matter that magic damage you should rich like 300-500 000 matack...and we have like under 30 000>>>added magic output damage under 1% more like 0.2-0.3 % to your standard damage.

Now do the math...worth to switch on BSSR?

But it is not choosing between BSSR or SSR, but the simultaneous use of the two (I repeat, is the simultaneous use of BSSr and SSR!). The point is that the consumption of the BSSR seems random np use. I did not understand the bug.
I need to choose between bssr and ssr? From what I read and understood, it is simultaneous.

8 hours ago, Astarot said:

But it is not choosing between BSSR or SSR, but the simultaneous use of the two (I repeat, is the simultaneous use of BSSr and SSR!). The point is that the consumption of the BSSR seems random np use. I did not understand the bug.
I need to choose between bssr and ssr? From what I read and understood, it is simultaneous.

Its not choosing beween shots...how you came up with this? Its not a bug also. Skill work as intended,  I checked and my BSSR work fine...consume is a little bit slower then SSR but I think its normal.

I said not worth using BSSR due to very low damage added and high cost.

5 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Its not choosing beween shots...how you came up with this? Its not a bug also. Skill work as intended,  I checked and my BSSR work fine...consume is a little bit slower then SSR but I think its normal.

I said not worth using BSSR due to very low damage added and high cost.

What weapon do you use with your ISS?

Archived