Auburn's Test Bench

Auburn

Since Juji Lab has been shut down and no one seems to post anything they find on things around L2, I decided I could at least do my little part and do some Experiments within reason. I'll be trying to make a new video every weekish or so depending on what is requested. You can post comments here on what you would like me to test, within reason ofc, I'm not going to go out of my way to spend Billions on gear to make a test nor any RL adena to make a test possible. Try to keep them fairly simple for now and I'll see what I can do.

Test 1:

BR Attack Speed 1500 Cap Breaker?

Element attack break points, where are they? How beneficial are they to dmg vs mobs @ 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 ele?

Know there's so per-salvation testing on this, but not sure it is still valid since it was done awhile ago.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:41 AM, Auburn said:

Since Juji Lab has been shut down and no one seems to post anything they find on things around L2, I decided I could at least do my little part and do some Experiments within reason. I'll be trying to make a new video every weekish or so depending on what is requested. You can post comments here on what you would like me to test, within reason ofc, I'm not going to go out of my way to spend Billions on gear to make a test nor any RL adena to make a test possible. Try to keep them fairly simple for now and I'll see what I can do.

Test 1:

BR Attack Speed 1500 Cap Breaker?

I still think that dps (time to kill a mob) is more relevant for the atk speed test. Yeah, there's things that can modify that, but you can take drum/other procs off and use a reasonable sample to get averages. :P

Btw I'm all up fgor this, good Job! Also agree with 4Eva, element attack would be a great test.

20 hours ago, 4Eva said:

Element attack break points, where are they? How beneficial are they to dmg vs mobs @ 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 ele?

Know there's so per-salvation testing on this, but not sure it is still valid since it was done awhile ago.

I would love to do an elemental attack value video. The issue I have currently is resistances. Almost every monster in L2 has a resistance to elemental attack, no matter how big or how small that resistance is. In order to conduct a proper test on them I need to know what that resistance number is. For example, if monster has a base resistance to Wind of 100 and I don't know that, then I attack with 300 wind. I think I did 300 wind elemental attack when in fact I'm only doing 200. Makes it hard. I will dig through some old websites, there was one listed that had elemental resist values IIRC.

I'll figure something out for this.

6 hours ago, Ferine said:

I still think that dps (time to kill a mob) is more relevant for the atk speed test. Yeah, there's things that can modify that, but you can take drum/other procs off and use a reasonable sample to get averages. :P

Btw I'm all up fgor this, good Job! Also agree with 4Eva, element attack would be a great test.

And you are correct, DPS will be different with BR. However in order to test to see if BR was making us attack faster than 1500 I had to eliminate the variable of kill speed.

This wasn't a test for relevance to be honest with you, just curiosity. It should be obvious that with BR you are going to kill faster. I would like to test something else with BR though. Everything is 2x meaning you should put out 100% more damage, BUT this is never the case because of things like max attack speed. I would like to get an estimated number for that. This one would be a lot less precise but I have an idea.

45 minutes ago, Draecke said:

not quite but the core message is the same yeah.. to reach the PVE cap you will need 740 or 780 ele patt, this is based on superion mobs so it's possible u need even more for those at elven

I'll have to get out my trusty dragon weapon to get testing above 780.

42 minutes ago, Auburn said:

I'll have to get out my trusty dragon weapon to get testing above 780.

Nukers hitting 800+ without dragon weaps, tyrrs should get +100 ele on warrior 2, and ele stance +100 as well IMO lol

Archived