Limit client instances to 2

Miki

I think it would be nice to limit concurrent instances to max 2, I mean it's great that you guys went with free 2 play model, but people driving 10 boxes around are really killing servers. Especially when VIP's and other people buying from in-game shop are paying servers, and are currently waiting in queues. 

1 minute ago, hyucksama said:

they've actually been doing this somewhat for a while. If you try multi-boxing, you'll notice you get d/c every half hour or so.

Its probably your internet,my 3 accounts have been for 50+ hours until this maintenance

Yes i think the same. Multibox is killing the server, i mean, it's okey if you want to play with 2 accounts at the same time, but servers are full and we just can't log in because there are peopple using more than 5 accounts. And please do something with bots, half of the server are bots. 

My english isn't good at all, sory for that.

They only allow three per computer and there is nothing wrong with that.  The only thing I'd change is to go to the EU live model.  The first account logged in to a computer can be free.  The second and third accounts logged into that computer at the same time must pay a subscription.

I would definitely like it to be limited to just 1 account per computer. I know it's possible, I've seen it in illegal servers years ago.

You wanna multibox? You better have 5 computers lying around.

This also solves the "my brother/wive/kids/pastor/mayor/high school crush/3rd cousin for 3 states away" also plays from the same house/router/ip.

To explain my reasoning, I would argue that for every box logged in, there's 1 player who probably plays on another server cause this one is full.

I advise people who tune into my stream to head to the Gludio server, since the other 3 are over capacity and have huge queues most of the time.

So you end up with 4-5 servers, full of people afk fishing at giran/gludin harbors, instead of 2-3 servers full of real people interacting with each other and having fun.

Besides that, I believe it would be much better to have an actual player behind each character. As it is right now, people/groups/clans have their own shared prophets and shilien elders, meaning they won't need a player who plays one, to fit that role. I actually rerolled because of that and infact not using my vip3 + launch pack character, but made a new vip1 character, to actually have fun with, instead of waiting for the odd group that need my role.

This game is meant to be played with other people, in groups, not 5-boxing solo with elaborate macros or bots.

And since I mentioned botting, It's unfathomable to me, how a random illegal server, with a population of 1000 or less, has an actual, working anti-bot system and this one doesn't.
I won't mention what program most use to bot, google is easy, so yeah, there's server where it's impossible to use those programs. If not all, the majority of the public ones, for sure.

Forgive me if I sound salty or whatever, I came back to this game because A. Classic is the best server setting imo and B. Fresh servers are the most fun ones.

Let's keep the fun going, because when it stops being fun, people tend to leave and rarely look back.

50 minutes ago, hyucksama said:

damn. screw spectrum

Totally your internet. I run 4 accounts and have no trouble at all going from Wednesday to Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Miki said:

I think it would be nice to limit concurrent instances to max 2, I mean it's great that you guys went with free 2 play model, but people driving 10 boxes around are really killing servers. Especially when VIP's and other people buying from in-game shop are paying servers, and are currently waiting in queues. 

The problem with this is that this makes it extremely hard to be efficient in this game and the RNG in Lineage II is already amongst the most notorious in all of gaming. You have too many design decisions that were made back between 1998-2003 that really funnel players into multi-boxing many accounts. In the old days, the fact that you had to pay a subscription acted as a limiter for many players so it wasn't nearly so obvious. With the game having embraced the pay to win model on Old servers and NC Soft trying to figure out how to run a free to play without the same overt pay to win features for Classic, you have them making decisions that only further encouraging boxing.

Archived