Ban for 3rd party program?

ozzy9120

I'm been submitting tickets for past days for third party program ban. My question will be does anyone else was using Teamspeak3 or Discord with overlay when they got banned?

If any GM could answer if any of this programs can cause the 3rd party program ban?

cause I'm been arguing with support team I'm not using any cheat unless 360 Internet security,TS3 or Discord are the problem

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, eugen1a said:

i got the same ban. Same automated emails, same no support. In a moments notice you can lose , years on the game and every cent spend on this. 

You shouldn't spend anything on a game that you're not prepared to lose in first place, so what you're taking about.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:12 PM, mixa said:

You shouldn't spend anything on a game that you're not prepared to lose in first place, so what you're taking about.

Well, it's up to how you lose that. 
If they are 'legit' and they get ban for no reason (maybe an error in the anti-bot program or who knows) then you have all the reasons to be mad. 
If they were using 3rd programs and they get ban for that, then yeah, there's nothing to talk about.

I'm still unsure about those rumors saying that "legits can get ban", from my point of view, in over...13 years? Of lineage 2, i never got a ban from official servers. Neither in Naia, giran or EU servers and the reason is quite simple, i use hands to play the game. But i also know of a friend who got an account locked (and then unlocked) for no reason (lv 10 toon porting around towns to check shops) and he's not using any kind of program sooo...not sure what to think. 

But i mean, we had case of people getting mass banned due to WTFast or VPN to reduce lag ingame so i would totally expect an error in the xigncode that ban TS or Discord overlays (never had those, just on EU server for a few days 'till it stopped working out of nowhere, but i didn't get ban so). 

8 hours ago, xHaseo said:

If they are 'legit' and they get ban for no reason (maybe an error in the anti-bot program or who knows) then you have all the reasons to be mad. 
If they were using 3rd programs and they get ban for that, then yeah, there's nothing to talk about.

I'm still unsure about those rumors saying that "legits can get ban", from my point of view, in over...13 years? Of lineage 2, i never got a ban from official servers. Neither in Naia, giran or EU servers and the reason is quite simple, i use hands to play the game. But i also know of a friend who got an account locked (and then unlocked) for no reason (lv 10 toon porting around towns to check shops) and he's not using any kind of program sooo...not sure what to think. 

But i mean, we had case of people getting mass banned due to WTFast or VPN to reduce lag ingame so i would totally expect an error in the xigncode that ban TS or Discord overlays (never had those, just on EU server for a few days 'till it stopped working out of nowhere, but i didn't get ban so). 

I know of one case that I can confidently say it was false positive and result of mass report butthurts, but that was long time ago and it doesn't matter anymore.

And yes, if you play by hands as it should be, then there is nothing to worry about.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:18 PM, xHaseo said:

There was no mass ban of players using WTFast or VPNs. There are a lot of people using that service who post on the forums here and are also on the discord server right now. WTfast is just a routing service for the packets and doesn't modify the game client or engage in activity that could be mistaken for a bot.  VPNs are very similar except they mask the user's IP while changing the routing of packets. Those who blame WTfast/VPNs for their ban have even less standing then those who try to blame steam/discord/team speak for their ban. The developers of Xigncode are well aware of Discord/TS and those overlays are not something their program is looking for.

15 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

There was no mass ban of players using WTFast or VPNs. There are a lot of people using that service who post on the forums here and are also on the discord server right now. WTfast is just a routing service for the packets and doesn't modify the game client or engage in activity that could be mistaken for a bot.  VPNs are very similar except they mask the user's IP while changing the routing of packets. Those who blame WTfast/VPNs for their ban have even less standing then those who try to blame steam/discord/team speak for their ban. The developers of Xigncode are well aware of Discord/TS and those overlays are not something their program is looking for.

There was a mass ban for that reason. It happened a few years ago in Naia server. By not using VPNs i was no affected, but lots of players were. And that's what they said when people reported the case of mass ban, sooo. 

Xigncode is probably the same tool which is used in another game i used to play. It's so EASY to bypass. In fact, people is using program since d1. Probably what people is not aware of is that the program is a HUGE sniffer which track down every program or process you run on ur PC once you get it running. And for 'every' i mean it also detect the pages you are looking on internet. 

It would be so easy to get down all the bots, guess they don't want to, otherwise that would take really nothing. 

On 3/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, xHaseo said:

There was a mass ban for that reason. It happened a few years ago in Naia server. By not using VPNs i was no affected, but lots of players were. And that's what they said when people reported the case of mass ban, sooo. 

Xigncode is probably the same tool which is used in another game i used to play. It's so EASY to bypass. In fact, people is using program since d1. Probably what people is not aware of is that the program is a HUGE sniffer which track down every program or process you run on ur PC once you get it running. And for 'every' i mean it also detect the pages you are looking on internet. 

You have provided no evidence of a mass ban for using WTFast. Such a ban would of been a huge ordeal for a fairly large chunk of the population that uses WTfast or VPNs to play who also post on these forums, reddit , and the discord server.

I on the other hand have facts supporting my statement that WTFast is not causing people to be banned. If you have any real knowledge of networking and how software works you would know it's silly to claim "OMG I WAS BANZORED FOR USING WTFAST!!!"...
Juji confirmed as much here.
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/10677-wtfast/?do=findComment&comment=80087

Hime has also confirmed that people are not being banned for battleping/wtfast/vpns through various mediums.

Xigncode is used in a variety of games and the developer fine tunes the software to the requirements of their clients (ncsoft being one).  The developer of Xigncode is well aware of teamspeak/discord/VPNs/battleping/wtfast and more. It's "easy to bypass" because someone did the hard work for you and created a tool/tutorial/whatever to bypass it.   When tens of thousands of people are trying hundreds of thousands of ways to break your security product it's inevitable that someone will succeed.

Sadly xigncode is better than game guard which would straight up rootkit your computer leaving it vulnerable to attacks...

It would be so easy to get down all the bots, guess they don't want to, otherwise that would take really nothing. 

This right here shows your ignorance. I kind of want to educate you on why you're so wrong but I've discovered over the last several decades that it's rarely worth my effort. So I'll leave you with this thought...

If it was so simple then every online game wouldn't have cheats/hacks/bots/exploits....

Archived