Weapon Parts

AussiOaks

After making it to D grade, I levelled up to a point where I could start farming weapon parts for a top D weapon. (Dwarf) I decided I would try for the tarbar. I got the recipe after a day or two farming the Wyrms, and have now been trying for over a week to get heads from the Breka Orc Prefects. I have probably killed over 3000 of those guys, and not one head has dropped. Looking up the drop rate on L2 Classic Wiki, I find that the drop rate for a tarbar head is the same as the rate for a full drop. I am beginning to wonder if players are being 'pushed' in the direction of buying adena for top weapons. If the drop rate for a tarbar head is .01-.05 %, which is the same rate for a full drop of mithril or reinforced leather full drops, how am I supposed to farm 7 heads? The other issue is that the Breka Orc Prefect is supposedly the only mob that drops (no spoils) the heads. I then looked up the drop rates for other top weapons, and find the same dilemma. It seems the Sword of Revolution blade has a 1% chance of spoiling, but the mob (rat scavanger) is level 37! I hope NCSoft looks into this and improves the drop rate a little, even if it's just to 1%. Has anyone else seen this?

12 minutes ago, AussiOaks said:

After making it to D grade, I levelled up to a point where I could start farming weapon parts for a top D weapon. (Dwarf) I decided I would try for the tarbar. I got the recipe after a day or two farming the Wyrms, and have now been trying for over a week to get heads from the Breka Orc Prefects. I have probably killed over 3000 of those guys, and not one head has dropped. Looking up the drop rate on L2 Classic Wiki, I find that the drop rate for a tarbar head is the same as the rate for a full drop. I am beginning to wonder if players are being 'pushed' in the direction of buying adena for top weapons. If the drop rate for a tarbar head is .01-.05 %, which is the same rate for a full drop of mithril or reinforced leather full drops, how am I supposed to farm 7 heads? The other issue is that the Breka Orc Prefect is supposedly the only mob that drops (no spoils) the heads. I then looked up the drop rates for other top weapons, and find the same dilemma. It seems the Sword of Revolution blade has a 1% chance of spoiling, but the mob (rat scavanger) is level 37! I hope NCSoft looks into this and improves the drop rate a little, even if it's just to 1%. Has anyone else seen this?

No one has seen it, may be the most of the Spoil guys got away since the spoil rate was turned into a madness thing.. exactly for that I didn't even try to make a dwarf since the beginning. Whatever you do, won't buy Adena from those Spammers because just like someone said on forums, NCSoft is tracking accounts and Banning all those who have get Adena by buying it. Taking in mind the "Massive ban event" that have been happening days ago, is better do not try to use the black market and better try to save adena and buy the materials.

27 minutes ago, AussiOaks said:

Bonebreaker is the top D single handed physical blunt, just sayin'

5 hours ago, hircineadept said:

Same problem and question..

So the only way to get top D-Grade weapons is buying it?

Because the recipes/keys are IMPOSSIBLE TO FARM.

Or exist other method (quest, npc that exchange the key/rec for other item) to get the key or rec?

not the only but ur best bet is to buy it .  u can consider crafting D jewels cuz they cost "nothing" if u have enough of the materials needed.

Archived