Game is thriving, but slowly dying. Here is why (OPINION)

FriarTuck

I had a toon on Live servers over a 14 year span. Jumped onto classic to check it out and it has been enjoyable up to now.

I see a few major issues here. That look like they might contribute to the shrinking over servers (might be a good thing).

ADENA
The balance of adena drops compared to level and daily consumables (shots, pots) is low. You barely get a chance to replenish before it completely wipes you out. You are left to rely on drops to boost your adena significantly and those are few and far between. I assume this is in effort to thwart the adena sellers in game and keep the economy stable. I feel it will bite the game back as people are struggling to maintain daily consumables never mind upgrade into gear. This really need to be addressed. I feel that there were also many more quest lines available to maybe get mid grade items and consumables to keep people moving.

DROPS
The drop rate of items and item parts has also been relativity low. So low in fact that any items people are looking for or trying to craft are usually redundant by the time you finally get to farm/craft the item (not such a bad thing but frustrating). The drop rate on these items are so low you see key mats up selling for ridiculous prices that cannot be attained as the adena drop is also ridiculous. Lack of gear or means to get the gear appropriately will force the game into the same scenario of live and the top 5% of people paying will succeed. This s not what the player base is looking for. the game needs many angles and cannot be solely for zergs who farm bosses. (the drops are not that good from bosses either).

EXP & SP
There was always a catch up to be played when it came to SP, with the scroll quests however we are seeing that there is a huge gap between level and skill upgrades due to scroll usage. you may be able to advance to higher level mobs but your skills are not mature enough handle the next area. Also due to rallying up in level so fast you often find that you are still in low level armor and items as you cannot afford to upgrade. This puts people at a stalemate around lvl 50 - 55. I see a lot of people re rolling just to find adena from low level quests. I know maybe people shouldn't be advancing as fast as they are but when you put a mechanic like scrolls in place to do that as soon as people hit the lvl that they are able to participate it puts a huge lvl gap between their com padres. You often see people who have played together for years parting ways as many choices are being made. Save exp scrolls use exp scrolls. Level ahead stay behind. With the breakup of these groups and people moving away from live this will produce one of 2 things. People will quit or people will just play a lot more casual. 

SERVER JAMMING UP
We seen this when the fishing event was on. The server was jammed up as people were logging in forcing queues. Those events are good (and i see coming again) so I can only imagine the queue length when trying to log in. I suggest tidy up the market place. Stop forcing people to stay logged in to sell their drops. Bring back the auction house. Maybe remove the stores and leave the option for package sales only so we can sell full sets. Or add the option of full sets in the auction house. Allow dwarfs to still craft in the square and the sale of base mats. This might regulate the server prices a little. Stop scam shops and help the server traffic.

I believe if this is the trend moving forward with no change you will see a huge drop off of the player base. I like the game and think its the best MMORPG I have played. Never quite found anything with the risk reward and the fact you have to work so hard to achieve. I don't want to see it move in the direction Live went and end up dead or down 2 1 live server and 2 classic servers in a couple of years. 

Anyone else have any items that think contirbute to the slow dropoff in the game?

Actually you should be begging NCwest to copy the russian method of acquiring brooches, you might be new and inexperienced with modern l2 but NCwest is going to put the same items but only available on l2store for NCcoin and with no ingame acquisition options.

4 hours ago, FriarTuck said:

I had a toon on Live servers over a 14 year span. Jumped onto classic to check it out and it has been enjoyable up to now.

I see a few major issues here. That look like they might contribute to the shrinking over servers (might be a good thing).

ADENA
The balance of adena drops compared to level and daily consumables (shots, pots) is low. You barely get a chance to replenish before it completely wipes you out. You are left to rely on drops to boost your adena significantly and those are few and far between. I assume this is in effort to thwart the adena sellers in game and keep the economy stable. I feel it will bite the game back as people are struggling to maintain daily consumables never mind upgrade into gear. This really need to be addressed. I feel that there were also many more quest lines available to maybe get mid grade items and consumables to keep people moving.

DROPS
The drop rate of items and item parts has also been relativity low. So low in fact that any items people are looking for or trying to craft are usually redundant by the time you finally get to farm/craft the item (not such a bad thing but frustrating). The drop rate on these items are so low you see key mats up selling for ridiculous prices that cannot be attained as the adena drop is also ridiculous. Lack of gear or means to get the gear appropriately will force the game into the same scenario of live and the top 5% of people paying will succeed. This s not what the player base is looking for. the game needs many angles and cannot be solely for zergs who farm bosses. (the drops are not that good from bosses either).

EXP & SP
There was always a catch up to be played when it came to SP, with the scroll quests however we are seeing that there is a huge gap between level and skill upgrades due to scroll usage. you may be able to advance to higher level mobs but your skills are not mature enough handle the next area. Also due to rallying up in level so fast you often find that you are still in low level armor and items as you cannot afford to upgrade. This puts people at a stalemate around lvl 50 - 55. I see a lot of people re rolling just to find adena from low level quests. I know maybe people shouldn't be advancing as fast as they are but when you put a mechanic like scrolls in place to do that as soon as people hit the lvl that they are able to participate it puts a huge lvl gap between their com padres. You often see people who have played together for years parting ways as many choices are being made. Save exp scrolls use exp scrolls. Level ahead stay behind. With the breakup of these groups and people moving away from live this will produce one of 2 things. People will quit or people will just play a lot more casual. 

SERVER JAMMING UP
We seen this when the fishing event was on. The server was jammed up as people were logging in forcing queues. Those events are good (and i see coming again) so I can only imagine the queue length when trying to log in. I suggest tidy up the market place. Stop forcing people to stay logged in to sell their drops. Bring back the auction house. Maybe remove the stores and leave the option for package sales only so we can sell full sets. Or add the option of full sets in the auction house. Allow dwarfs to still craft in the square and the sale of base mats. This might regulate the server prices a little. Stop scam shops and help the server traffic.

I believe if this is the trend moving forward with no change you will see a huge drop off of the player base. I like the game and think its the best MMORPG I have played. Never quite found anything with the risk reward and the fact you have to work so hard to achieve. I don't want to see it move in the direction Live went and end up dead or down 2 1 live server and 2 classic servers in a couple of years. 

Anyone else have any items that think contirbute to the slow dropoff in the game?

yesterday on partisan 4x bronze shield 2x bone helmet full drop, i was there 4 hours and earned 150k adena  - 60k 6000 SSD ,DROP, EXP and SP on lower lvl is pretty fine, stop crying only thing is adena drop amout in higher lvls and X2 X3 etc mobs :) 

8 minutes ago, Falatko said:

yesterday on partisan 4x bronze shield 2x bone helmet full drop, i was there 4 hours and earned 150k adena  - 60k 6000 SSD ,DROP, EXP and SP on lower lvl is pretty fine, stop crying only thing is adena drop amout in higher lvls and X2 X3 etc mobs :) 

Good job you got some pocket change at lvl 20.  So you're saying we should all roll lvl 20 alts?  The sad thing is you can xp 4 hours in a 50 spot and get basically nothing to show for it.

One c grade key mat is 150k+

Idiot.

11 minutes ago, Decayed said:

Good job you got some pocket change at lvl 20.  So you're saying we should all roll lvl 20 alts?  The sad thing is you can xp 4 hours in a 50 spot and get basically nothing to show for it.

One c grade key mat is 150k+

Idiot.

Son, first learn to read,so far i made one lvl and income was about 200k + materials, this is classic my dear if you want that every 3rd mob will drop C or B key you should leave. Is super cool story that you said that 4h on 50 lvl spot is nothing probably you didnt even hit lvl 40, //sad

1 hour ago, Falatko said:

Son, first learn to read,so far i made one lvl and income was about 200k + materials, this is classic my dear if you want that every 3rd mob will drop C or B key you should leave. Is super cool story that you said that 4h on 50 lvl spot is nothing probably you didnt even hit lvl 40, //sad

You should learn how to read, kid.  I never said I expect c mats to drop every 3rd mob.  You were the one bragging about 150k.  And 200k with mats?  Wow.  You basically proved my point that you have no clue.  FOH.

I was saying people xp in high level areas and get no drops, except for stems and bones.  Like in DV.  But yeah, I guess maybe you'll find out in a month or two.  But I guess your solution is we all roll 20s and get 150k.  Why would you assume I'm sub 40? Am I bragging about 150k?

46 minutes ago, Decayed said:

You should learn how to read, kid.  I never said I expect c mats to drop every 3rd mob.  You were the one bragging about 150k.  And 200k with mats?  Wow.  You basically proved my point that you have no clue.  FOH.

I was saying people xp in high level areas and get no drops, except for stems and bones.  Like in DV.  But yeah, I guess maybe you'll find out in a month or two.  But I guess your solution is we all roll 20s and get 150k.  Why would you assume I'm sub 40? Am I bragging about 150k?

Can you stop just crying and insulting around? You are just crying a lot :D I didnt say any solution that  you should roll to 20 kid :D you have no clue at all, i have 2 chars already 42 and 41 and made for fun spoiler to test if spoil is really low as ppl like u cry here, and it is not, but ofc ppl like u expect 10 ab and 10 varnish from single mob :P enjoy these rates as they are now and stop QQ

2 hours ago, Falatko said:

can you even read the post? where did he say drops in lower lvl zones are bad for adena/drops? god just shut the bleep up already, if you can't read, don't type, TY.

30 minutes ago, Falat said:

Can you stop just crying and insulting around? You are just crying a lot :D I didnt say any solution that  you should roll to 20 kid :D you have no clue at all, i have 2 chars already 42 and 41 and made for fun spoiler to test if spoil is really low as ppl like u cry here, and it is not, but ofc ppl like u expect 10 ab and 10 varnish from single mob :P enjoy these rates as they are now and stop QQ

Hey girl, when have I cried? Find a post where I've cried... I'm just saying you're dumb for thinking 150k is a lot of money.

Nobody expects high level drops. It's broken. I've gotten lucky. I got an SLS  from the second aden dungeon boss. You probably haven't done that yet. No problem. I've also seen two chant of fury and a haste spellbook and chant of rage drop. But the game is still broken. I should not be getting 50 Adena at lvl 52+. For you to come in here and say that everything is working because your made 150k in PH is just ludicrous. I shouldn't have to roll a lvl 20 to pay for shots.

Come back when you are 50+. You probably think 500k sp saved is also good.

Archived