Violating "Guideline"

Seshat

"Using the words "NCSOFT", "NCWest", "GM", or any community team members' names in a thread topic
We understand that everyone would like NCSOFT to read and acknowledge his or her post; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help the thread's visibility. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to be closed or deleted."

Please tell us  how are we supposed to refer to you if not by names, i mean every object every creature or institution have a name. We can find words for you like (Abomination), but i am pretty sure you don't like it and i am pretty sure we don't break the rules. So please tell me how should we call you if you ban people for freely speaking in forum? And btw, that is supposed to be a Guide line and not a specific rule that lead to closing topics and ban people

2 hours ago, Seshat said:

"Using the words "NCSOFT", "NCWest", "GM", or any community team members' names in a thread topic
We understand that everyone would like NCSOFT to read and acknowledge his or her post; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help the thread's visibility. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to be closed or deleted."

Please tell us  how are we supposed to refer to you if not by names, i mean every object every creature or institution have a name. We can find words for you like (Abomination), but i am pretty sure you don't like it and i am pretty sure we don't break the rules. So please tell me how should we call you if you ban people for freely speaking in forum? And btw, that is supposed to be a Guide line and not a specific rule that lead to closing topics and ban people

Possibly we have a misunderstanding here. You can of course say the words "Conguero" or "Neutron" in the body of your post. You just can't use them in the Topic line. I guess this is to avoid the impression that players can dictate the agenda. Apart from that, by trying to attract the staff's attention via using their names in a topic title you are insinuating that Conguero does not read each and every post, as his job description stipulates. As you can see from the deleted posts, he does read what you write, even if there are many things he simply doesn't understand.

What you can do to make yourself better heard is using proper English, making paragraphs where appropriate (many people immediatley direct their attention elsewhere when they see a wall of text), and maybe even use some formatting with bullet points etc. Ferine once linked a good guide for that, maybe he could dig it up again?

In really urgent cases you can send a PM to Conguero or Hime via the "letter" icon at the top of the page (Neutron has disabled his messages so that he can get some work done).

If you are truly afraid of speaking certain names, simply use terms like "The Percussionist" or "The Artist Formerly Known As Sparse" :D

Archived