Classic is not Classic with daily/weekend quests, rewards and buffs

Screw all these daily quests and rewards that expire if you miss out on them. Nothing but skinner box shit from every modern MMORPG that everyone hates. Making the game feel like a chore to manipulate into logging in each day. In the end they make the game feel like a job and burn people out.

If these were really a 'boost' for casual players you'd accumulate them and get to use them however you want. What if in my job I worked weekends and had Wednesday and Thursday off, why can I choose those days for my boost? Why does the game care if I do 7 FOM dailies on a Saturday when I plan to grind all day. Why must it encourage me to do a single 1 per day? The answer is above, the publishers/developers/shareholders want these mechanics because they think it improves 'player retention' and tricks you into logging in and doing tasks like a monkey.

Make the grind slower and longer for all I care, but don't disrespect my time with this BS.

/rant

5 hours ago, Oreoloveboss said:

I don't understand why those things are in quotations, or what 'everyone's doing it' or 'playing at your own pace' have to do with anything in my post.

Daily tasks/bonuses are a thing in the vast majority of currently available MMOs AND even some non-multiplayer games (primarily mobile). So this is by no means L2 exclusive.

The other point was regarding single player games. You can usually play those whenever you want and for how long you want to and you will never be penalized in any means. Multiplayer games typically mean you will have to adapt your schedule in order to use the daily boosts for example, or to be a part of a CP, or to participate in extremely limited time activities, like siege (few hours/2 weeks), olympiad (few hours/week), epic raid bosses, etc.

If you do not adapt to the game/community, you will face severe penalties and your disadvantage compared to others will increase exponentially as time goes on.

So yes, you cannot do 7 dailies on a Saturday, you cannot do all month's Oly matches on a specific Tuesday, you cannot do siege on a Wednesday, etc. If you dislike that even by the slightest, it is better to quit rather than being stuck with the feeling you do not choose, but are forced to play the game.

11 hours ago, Devoid said:

Daily tasks/bonuses are a thing in the vast majority of currently available MMOs AND even some non-multiplayer games (primarily mobile). So this is by no means L2 exclusive.

The other point was regarding single player games. You can usually play those whenever you want and for how long you want to and you will never be penalized in any means. Multiplayer games typically mean you will have to adapt your schedule in order to use the daily boosts for example, or to be a part of a CP, or to participate in extremely limited time activities, like siege (few hours/2 weeks), olympiad (few hours/week), epic raid bosses, etc.

If you do not adapt to the game/community, you will face severe penalties and your disadvantage compared to others will increase exponentially as time goes on.

So yes, you cannot do 7 dailies on a Saturday, you cannot do all month's Oly matches on a specific Tuesday, you cannot do siege on a Wednesday, etc. If you dislike that even by the slightest, it is better to quit rather than being stuck with the feeling you do not choose, but are forced to play the game.

Daily bonuses are in those games because they get players logging in more frequently. It's as simple as that, doesn't mean they are a good thing or good player experience. Even games like WoW realized this was bad and in modern WoW the dailies are spread out over 3-4 days, or in games like Destiny 2 it's spread out over weekly milestones.

Being part of a CP, or events like a raid or Olympiad are also not the same thing at all. Nor does every aspect of the game need to be structured around these sorts of things. You also don't need to do Olympiad every day, you just need to be strategic in how you sign up and get a good amount of points. Those things are also big special events that are important in terms of the game, community, politics, pvp, etc...fetching 50 quest items once a day is not. In Prelude-Interlude L2 there were no dailies and things like that, you just grinded. What was wrong with that? There were still sieges, raids and Olympiad.

45 minutes ago, Oreoloveboss said:

Daily bonuses are in those games because they get players logging in more frequently. It's as simple as that, doesn't mean they are a good thing or good player experience. Even games like WoW realized this was bad and in modern WoW the dailies are spread out over 3-4 days, or in games like Destiny 2 it's spread out over weekly milestones.

Being part of a CP, or events like a raid or Olympiad are also not the same thing at all. Nor does every aspect of the game need to be structured around these sorts of things. You also don't need to do Olympiad every day, you just need to be strategic in how you sign up and get a good amount of points. Those things are also big special events that are important in terms of the game, community, politics, pvp, etc...fetching 50 quest items once a day is not. In Prelude-Interlude L2 there were no dailies and things like that, you just grinded. What was wrong with that? There were still sieges, raids and Olympiad.

I can understand your point. However, the issue with Olympiad, sieges and raids is not that you need to do them everyday, it's that the time window is so small that either you can or cannot.

Archived