Forums

Should we fear for our account's safety?

rangomal

As iv seen many bans lately and complains, but i thought they were just bots who spammed forums, till i saw friend getting account locked suddenly when we were in net cafe, we were farming together.Obviously the system uses some auto-ban feature who detects any kind of 3th party software programms( even DISCORD) and bans the account.Here is the question gentlemen,should we, or rather, should I fear for my account?My account is 9 years old from old days,i have invested tons of hours of gameplay + money into the l2 store by supporting the company.I really wouldnt like to get banned because the administration is bad.PS 9 years and my account has never, i repeat NEVER touched any kind of programm,botting,boxing,spamming, its the most clean account.I would get really mad if sth happened like my friend.Get your shit together and investigate players before u rush into such actions,people are spending money here and contributing for the game.

Well, despite that PC Cafes are actually a popular cultural thing in KR, it is definitely not a trusted environment, as only the owner knows what kind of software is loaded in these computers.

As for discord, there are plenty Discord users (me included) who can vouch that Discord is definitely not enough to get banned.

I would never trust a net cafe but like Devoid said it's a popular thing in Korea..

I have been playing since the first closed beta (prior to the wipe then open beta). My second and third accounts were created by 2005 with more created post factor. I paid for 5 accounts during the pay to play era and expanded to 9 accounts after GoD's release. So i have a LOT of time invested in my accounts. I also use discord/teamspeak/mumble/vent/steam/World of warships/warthunder/mechwarrior Online/FFXIV/team viewer/Heroes of The storm/Overwatch/GTA V and more while playing Lineage 2. My steam games are too extensive to list them and I've played most of them while having one more more L2 client in the background. I have answered around 100 captchas since the classic servers opened.

What I'm saying is you're not likely to be banned if you don't RMT share your account or bot. If you cheat in other online games there is good odds the xignwhatever will see that install and freak out.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I would never trust a net cafe but like Devoid said it's a popular thing in Korea..

I have been playing since the first closed beta (prior to the wipe then open beta). My second and third accounts were created by 2005 with more created post factor. I paid for 5 accounts during the pay to play era and expanded to 9 accounts after GoD's release. So i have a LOT of time invested in my accounts. I also use discord/teamspeak/mumble/vent/steam/World of warships/warthunder/mechwarrior Online/FFXIV/team viewer/Heroes of The storm/Overwatch/GTA V and more while playing Lineage 2. My steam games are too extensive to list them and I've played most of them while having one more more L2 client in the background. I have answered around 100 captchas since the classic servers opened.

What I'm saying is you're not likely to be banned if you don't RMT share your account or bot. If you cheat in other online games there is good odds the xignwhatever will see that install and freak out.

RMT and acct sharing isn't gonna get ya banned, just look around.   Honestly, it seems botting isn't gonna get ya banned either.  Only reason I'm quoting you is the fact that you have entered the captcha 100 times.  That tells me xingen IS seeing something on you.  I have yet to see it ever and often have 5 open clients (2 pc's) so yes, it is kinda scary atm.  I also know tons of people who did get it unlocked a few days later but that doesn't make it right, that proves it is happening and can happen to any one, captcha or not.

2 hours ago, rangomal said:

As iv seen many bans lately and complains, but i thought they were just bots who spammed forums, till i saw friend getting account locked suddenly when we were in net cafe, we were farming together.Obviously the system uses some auto-ban feature who detects any kind of 3th party software programms( even DISCORD) and bans the account.Here is the question gentlemen,should we, or rather, should I fear for my account?My account is 9 years old from old days,i have invested tons of hours of gameplay + money into the l2 store by supporting the company.I really wouldnt like to get banned because the administration is bad.PS 9 years and my account has never, i repeat NEVER touched any kind of programm,botting,boxing,spamming, its the most clean account.I would get really mad if sth happened like my friend.Get your shit together and investigate players before u rush into such actions,people are spending money here and contributing for the game.

I've got banned without doing anything and I was playing from my home! And they don't even explain to me why!!!!

On 12/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, Degus said:

RMT and acct sharing isn't gonna get ya banned, just look around.   Honestly, it seems botting isn't gonna get ya banned either.  Only reason I'm quoting you is the fact that you have entered the captcha 100 times.  That tells me xingen IS seeing something on you.  I have yet to see it ever and often have 5 open clients (2 pc's) so yes, it is kinda scary atm.  I also know tons of people who did get it unlocked a few days later but that doesn't make it right, that proves it is happening and can happen to any one, captcha or not.

Yeah I looked around and there are a ton of semi-literate posts yelling about being banned unfairly. Inevitably the vast majority of those people were RMTing/Botting/account sharing/etc. NCwest is banning bots on a daily basis just based on what the botters are posting. Even during the pay to play era the big RMTers were creating new accounts daily for botting.

Xingen has nothing to do with in game captchas. If Xingen detects something it will intervene directly either via closing the client or refusing to allow the game to launch. Captchas pop up from people using the bot report button. Ncwest had to increase the threshold from 3 reports to 10 because people were abusing the reports in PVP to disable critical enemies such as the healer.

A ban is permanent if they are getting "unlocked' that means they were suspended not banned. The apparent leading cause of getting caught up in a suspicious activity suspension is by logging in from geographically separated IP addresses. How that can happen includes logging in from work or sharing your account with someone who lives in a different area. There are other factors but those two are the only ones we've been able to nail down.

Archived