Multiboxing - Randomly Disconnects only ONE of characters

Tetsuo

Hey Everyone!

So after a 3-4 month break i logged back onto my two characters and started some farming (FYI i had to install the new launcher).

What i do is:
a. Log into launcher with account A. Open Lineage 2 and select Character
b. Log out of launcher and then log into account B. Open Lineage 2 and select Character
c. Party them up then start some farming

What is happening is really strange. Randomly one of my accounts will get logged out during my farming. Sometimes its within 10 minutes of both accounts being up, sometimes its 4-5 hours later. I have no clue what is going on. Sometimes its account a that will disconnect, sometimes its b. Never have both accounts been logged out at the same time, and it seems that when having just one account active/online the disconnect never occurs.

I am not getting emails regarding someone trying to log into my account either.

Resolution attempts:
a. Reinstall launcher
b. Reinstall game
c. Low quality mode

Can anyone please help? Its really frustrating and i just want to play without disruption.

My PC:
AMD 3700x
GTX1080
16GB DDR4 @ 3400mhz

Edited by Tetsuo

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes get this problem if

A) 'Optimize Performance' is checked. While it's on, it seems that any window that doesn't have focus will sometimes dc

B) There is no input from the client to the server for a while. For example, a buffer with /delay 1200 in macro will occasionally dc

It's worth trying to run the clients in windowed mode side by side, and keeping optimize performance off. GL!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're right!  They turned one of the best MMORPGs out there into trash!  They need to make some drastic changes in the department that oversees these kind of things!  Somebody is dropping the ball and not doing their job!  This is too big of a fail to slip through the cracks! 

On 1/13/2020 at 2:10 AM, Tetsuos said:

Alright, im legitimately done with this game, it has become unbearable.
I cant leave my duo going for 1 hour without having to worry 1 has DCed...

RIP Lineage 2. Your servers are absolute garbage.

It's either your connection or a hop between you and the servers.

I suffered from a similar problem with one character dropping etc as stated here. The cause was some faulty equipment that would cause packets to randomly drop. Once my ISP replaced the equipment I no longer suffered from random packet loss and I have been able to stay connected 24/7 since. You should do some tracerts and ping -t to see where you're losing packets. OP's problem got worse with more accounts on because his connection was already struggling with one client.

BTW I live a bit south of the datacenter where the server's are housed and I have no issues with 20 clients running 24/7. Granted post nerfs and stupidity that number has gone down some as i"m definitely less committed to this game. Still no problems staying connected.