Bots - serious topic

Drossel10

Alright then.

Ruins of Agony are corwded with bots. If you start PK them, their protectors will appear and defend them. Yesterday I made more then 260 PK on bots. It's clearly visible that they are bots because they go to town when the death animation isn't even complete. They run the exact same path again and again. There is no more space for a regular player to get a spot to grind and make some adena. Come on NC, alongside all interests you got, that cannot really be your goal, can it?

That chaps my ass.

https://ibb.co/d5Kxp0p

Yor are even doing them a favour by deleveling them... Honestly dont think you can win the fight against bots in RoA.

Would love to see NCsort do something about all these bots but i doubt it. They seem to be promoting it for some reason... 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, Ventrue said:

Maybe they should add an alternative low level area for live players .. a place that you can't AFK

this area should have:

• terrain objects so bots get stuck
  • sparse/random mob spawn
  • SOCIAL/AGRO mobs

mby with this all the QQing would stop

Oh lordie that would be hilarious if I didn't think you were being sincere....

Bots don't care about terrain objects. It's called "pathing" look it up..
Sparse spawn is annoying as hell for players trying to level...
Random what? random doesn't matter unless there's a chance a super high level mob will spawn which would be dumb because mob spawns are already sparse and no one is going to go there to kill it because you can't even ask for help at low levels...
Social/aggro mobs already exist and are heavily botted..

The QQing will not stop because people love to complain. Your suggested changes would be easily adjusted for by the bot programmers. If you design your game to be fun and rewarding to actively play then you'll naturally see fewer bots. THis won't happen in lineage2 because it relies on Korean RNG and heavy heavy grinding for everything that isn't straight P2W. Lets be real here. Most people aren't willing to spend hours of their life mindlessly grinding to make up for their one PVP death. Not even back in the day which is one of many reasons why bots a thing even in beta...

I did kind of enjoy the grind to an extent when I had friends to chat with which is why I rerolled on to the classic servers. The mindless nature of it almost has a zen like quality to it..

Edited by Tool_of_Society

On 17/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, Drossel10 said:

Alright then.

Ruins of Agony are corwded with bots. If you start PK them, their protectors will appear and defend them. Yesterday I made more then 260 PK on bots. It's clearly visible that they are bots because they go to town when the death animation isn't even complete. They run the exact same path again and again. There is no more space for a regular player to get a spot to grind and make some adena. Come on NC, alongside all interests you got, that cannot really be your goal, can it?

That chaps my ass.

https://ibb.co/d5Kxp0p

Yeah....its really sad and shitty...I completely agree with what was saud before as well, NCSoft should care more, but probably this situation is somehow making them profit... who knows right?

Creating a different area to level wiht no auto or bot possibilities would actually be really nice...impossible at the moment though haha...

Hi! At Giran server easy do quest at Ruins of Agony. It very big area, you can found good mobs at all field near Agony. And not too much PK there.

Try lvl up at War-Torn Plain near Aden. It full with bot, and their owner PK you, if try farm there. Taik orc supply the best mob for AFK mages at lvl 69-76 good place, good XP, and good adena drop. If go there bot owners kill you in 1 hour. You can't see regular players there, only adena farmers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reviving this post because I don't want to make a new one but SERIOUSLY, this bot problem is out of hand, specially now with the christmas event... Ruins of Agony is impossible to hunt, there are hundreds of them on EVERY. SINGLE. SPOT. You are lucky one of them die and you get a spot. It's a never ending stream of pony bots. Now with the event is even worse!!! Gorgon Garden behind Giran is now also impossible to hunt for any melee, also crowded with bots in every spot that kill stuff extremely quick.
I'm trying to hunt materials and just level in general and even later areas, like death pass and hardins academy, hunting over-leveled mobs, they are spreading like a disease.

I'm nearly giving up on classic altogether. If any admin reads this, please for any respect you have left for youserlves and this community, DO SOMETHING!

Edited by Nasaratsu

21 hours ago, Nasaratsu said:

I'm reviving this post because I don't want to make a new one but SERIOUSLY, this bot problem is out of hand, specially now with the christmas event... Ruins of Agony is impossible to hunt, there are hundreds of them on EVERY. SINGLE. SPOT. You are lucky one of them die and you get a spot. It's a never ending stream of pony bots. Now with the event is even worse!!! Gorgon Garden behind Giran is now also impossible to hunt for any melee, also crowded with bots in every spot that kill stuff extremely quick.
I'm trying to hunt materials and just level in general and even later areas, like death pass and hardins academy, hunting over-leveled mobs, they are spreading like a disease.

I'm nearly giving up on classic altogether. If any admin reads this, please for any respect you have left for youserlves and this community, DO SOMETHING!

I got lucky in ROA with my bishop in that some of the really far back areas were empty or mostly empty. Blasted through that quest asap and never came back. Last time I was there things were far different as evidenced in my post above.

Indeed the gorgan garden area is over run with bots and auto hunters using mostly ponies. If you're melee you're going to really need to use a bow, shots, and pray/try for the last hit.

Hardins academy and death pass are just not viable for anyone not running a bot right now. I did the quest by sitting in  the middle of one of the open area spawns with auto hunt on casting. The bots are running everywhere there so they do at least keep the respawn stirred up.

If you'd like to contact me in PM I can provide personalized assistance.