Anyone still playing Feoh Soul Taker?

Stardust

Hi

Just came back from a long break, I heard new Feoh class are Op now are they? I have Feoh soul taker 101 that i used to play but it was 2-3 years ago since i quit. Just wanna know is it still worth playing? Or should i re-roll with Chaos Essence to ArchMage or Storm Screamer?

If i do Re-roll what skill will i lose? I have some skill enchanted like +10 Lockhard destruction, +10 Elemental burst,

Thanks a lot for input!

You will lose locks hard destruction+10.

you will lose all except those that have exact same name.

regarding soultaker. At high end and top end the soultaker is not a very good pvp class unless you have a strong cp with good support.

for pve. U can still do it but its not the best feoh class for pve either. Its dark stance is single target dmg mostly and the earth stance gives a shitty bonus. Ur new pet is much stronger but still an easy kill for high end players. I changed from soultaker to storm screamer simply because its nothing like the soultaker i remembered with tons of debuffs.

the most used feoh is storm screamer atm. Its very good for pve and pvp.

u should read up on how mana barrier works on feoh classes  now. Soultaker still relies on pet for defense.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Bable2, I remember the Soul taker is more of debuff class and not so much when i come to dmg those day, Is there any patch note compare between each feoh classes?

i am actually looking to play Feoh Archmage or Feoh Storm Screamer now, i have Feoh storm screamer as Dual and will probably change my main soul taker to Archmage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, Stardust said:

Hi

Just came back from a long break, I heard new Feoh class are Op now are they? I have Feoh soul taker 101 that i used to play but it was 2-3 years ago since i quit. Just wanna know is it still worth playing? Or should i re-roll with Chaos Essence to ArchMage or Storm Screamer?

If i do Re-roll what skill will i lose? I have some skill enchanted like +10 Lockhard destruction, +10 Elemental burst,

Thanks a lot for input!

Good dark stance so for pve/pvp(oly) i up lvl my archmage  until 99lvl as necro good debuff power but in pvp suck only in 

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I’m soultaker107/storm105.

The greatest difference from soultaker to other feohs is that it has no mana barrier (95% damage reduction), but has pet+transfer pain  (70% damage reduction). Transfer pain is better for PVE, Mana Barrier is better for PVP. Consequences:

* Soultaker is the best class for solo mass PVE: I can solo groups of mobs in high end areas, what was not possible to do as Storm with same gear, even with a healer. That is possible thanks to Tranfer Pain (high survivability) + Knock Down (the best AOE crowd control). No mobs in L2 map resists to knock down, while most are imune or resistant to storm faint effect (EV/SoS) or mystic muse stun effect (GC/EV/SoS/AltarOfShilien), making impossível to kill groups of mobs alone. Soulhounds and Archmages can’t control mobs. Also, Feohs with mana barrier have the mana drained too fast when receiving mass PVE damage, soultaker just re-summons a full hp pet for transfer pain and continues alive and kiling.

* One of the best classes for party PVE: not the best but really descent AOE damage, the best crowd control what means tank can agro more mobs what means more XP, also you may invite weaker tanks to pt. Soultaker will not keep dying (even with bad gear) or losing all mana as other feohs do: dead mage can’t kill.

* For Oly pvp soultaker has high advantage against Iss, Tank, Summoner due to its debuff immunity and can drain pet life to regenerate full HP as many times as it wants. However Mana Barrier would be more effective against archers and other feohs. Tyrs are not an issue. He has the higher single target damage (Dark Stance) due to its skill power + curse gloom that ignores debuff resistance.

* For Siege PVP, not the best because the pet is easily killed and, even if not killed, if soultaker receives a damage higher then its total HP, the damage is not transferred to pet... many dragon weapons in siege :/ Mana barrier is better for PVP than Transfer Pain, soultaker needs much more gear for PVP. Anyway, since you can use jewels to increase knock down chance, you can easily knock down ppl in siege while your party kill them... usually ppl resists to stun and silence only, but have no knock down resistance. 

Edited by ShakaDeVirgem

• 1 year later...