Agathion - Valakas from the12 year anniversary pack

Sharlanna

This is most likely a stupid and ridiculous question but it's driving me nuts. Does anyone remember how to evolve the Agathion - Valakas using the Root of Evolution? I did it years ago on my main and am trying to do it again on another character. I summon the Root of Evolution and it takes me to Valakas's lair but nothing happens. I'm not sure if you have to equip the unhatched Agathion first or what and there's a 24 hour waiting period before you can summon the Root of Evolution again.

Equip agathion, double click the stone, talk to the fiery thingy that appears in front of you and it will teleport you to Valakas Lair. While in the lair, use the evolution skill (ctrl-k) and will have a chance to evolve agathion to the next level. After using the skill, talk to the fat npc at the edge and teleport back.

I did that and it downgraded my agation lol

I guess I had it evolved some time ago, but didn't remember. I've not had a chance to compare but it appears to have had the same bonus as the exalted bracelet.

I checked yesterday and it does not give you anything unfortunately. Nothing is written in its description and nothing on the passives. It is just a mini armored valakas.

Same thing goes with Antharas agathion. Only difference is that Antharas is agathion only and does not need upgrades, while antharas is bracelet and agathion which means you will lose any bonuses your normal bracelet gives if you want a tiny Valakas flying next to you.