Epics and Gear Set-Up in 2020

ThatNiceGuy88

Hello everybody! I played lineage 2 back in 2004 when it first came out and it was a blast! I recently got back into the game and WOW! A LOT HAS CHANGED!! I've read the forums and there really isnt a great thread that goes into detail about Epics and Gear set-up. Could someone explain to me what the best epics and gear are for warrior classes. I'm specifically interested in Grand Khavatari as that's what I've begun playing again. What I'd like to know is:

What are the best epics for a Grand Khavatari? What are the best accessories (Belt, circlet, exc.)? What is the best gear? 

What should I be the most focused on? STR? DEX? Critical attack? Help me understand what my goals should be to be the strongest DD possible.

What the best set-up would be for a Grand Khavatari. Im lvl 105 - Any Advice would help.

If ure looking for the best gear that might get a little expensive.

I can help u giving advice on what to look for and you do the best u can with your budget.

As you're starting now i'd suggest you to pick a r110 fist (bloody at least +12) an elmore cloak +7+ and a couple of rings with critical damage ( trasken and ring creation), and also at least a +8 bloody r99 light set.

Thats the base of your toon.

After that when u have to choose which stats to go for i suggest always taking the biggest among the available options. After testing ( my own testing) i found out that P. Atk, P. atk critical, PvE damage, and element attack they all works the same as for normal hits ( not for skills ). So weapon SA's, dual class skills, AP points, or any other else stats that you might get to choose, always pick the highest.

Basic stats go for STR 1st and than for CHA.

If ure looking for a skill based tyrr than i'm not the person to give u advice. i dont have the $$ to test that build ;p

53 minutes ago, KingNothing said:

I can help u giving advice on what to look for and you do the best u can with your budget.

As you're starting now i'd suggest you to pick a r110 fist (bloody at least +12) an elmore cloak +7+ and a couple of rings with critical damage ( trasken and ring creation), and also at least a +8 bloody r99 light set.

After that when u have to choose which stats to go for i suggest always taking the biggest among the available options. After testing ( my own testing) i found out that P. Atk, P. atk critical, PvE damage, and element attack they all works the same as for normal hits ( not for skills ). So weapon SA's, dual class skills, AP points, or any other else stats that you might get to choose, always pick the highest.

If ure looking for a skill based tyrr than i'm not the person to give u advice. i dont have the $$ to test that build ;p

I'm not saying your wrong but you just suggested a "base" of roughly 150b in gear lol. 

1 hour ago, KingNothing said:

This is a great start! Thank you for the advice. I'd like this thread to be more about knowledge and understanding then about budget so that other people with warrior characters can refer to here and learn more about how to outfit there character.

Could you list out what Rings (Example: Tauti) Earrings, and Necklaces work best with warrior class as well as Belt, Circlet, and Hair accessories. 

Stats: Focus on STR - Ok, that sounds great. and P. Atk Critical is important.

I hope that everyone feels comfortable contributing to this thread. Lets talk about Dealing Damage and what gear/jewelry/weapons we could use to deal the most damage!

9 hours ago, Rodah said:

I'm not saying your wrong but you just suggested a "base" of roughly 150b in gear lol. 

he asked for the BEST hahaha

also ppl in chronos asking 45b+  for r99 weapons, so its better to get a 110 for 90.

Edited by KingNothing

9 hours ago, ThatNiceGuy88 said:

Could you list out what Rings (Example: Tauti) Earrings, and Necklaces work best with warrior class as well as Belt, Circlet, and Hair accessories. 

if i were to start now i'd go for creation + paulina ( critical dmg) rings, and +12 atlas earring +any other earring makes no dif in dmg unless u get a lindvior, and necklace u can go for octavis warrior or normal valakas and later for bless valakas.

belt go for PvE attack and circlet of authority.

1 hour ago, KingNothing said:

he asked for the BEST hahaha

also ppl in chronos asking 45b+  for r99 weapons, so its better to get a 110 for 90.

Well actually he ask which were the best Epics not best gear in general.  I only point this out since you didn't tell him either (best epics or best gear) lol.  

To the OP regarding Epics; Rings First - If you go a simple Crit Dmg build then go for a Trasken and a Rulers Ring of Authority.  If those are to expensive then get a Ring of Creation and a AQ/Baium Soul with +2 STR.

If you you want to go for a Skill Crit Dmg build then go for a Temp Oly Ring and the 400 NCoin Paulinas ring (both 30 day temp rings).  

If you are willing to spend vast amounts of money then get a +10 Fallen Angels Ring and either a +3 Dragon Ring or +6 Angels Ring.  Then you'll have both Crit Dmg and Skill Crit Dmg.

Earrings - +12 Atlas and any VR Earring.  If money is no concern then +12 Atlas and either a Lindvior or any Gods Earring.

Necklace - (in ascending order) Frint Soul with CD/Oct Warrior, +3 Dragon/Valakas, Gods Necklace. 

Here is some additional general info regarding gear as well; it is in ascending order.

Armor - r99 Exalted Light, +8/10 Bless Immo/TW/95 Light, +8/10 Bloody r99 Light, +8/10 Bloody r110 HEAVY.  Yes, I said hvy; I'm not going to get into why but if you can afford an r110 Bloody Heavy Set then your other gear is also pretty good and the light bonuses aren't a huge deal anymore.

Weapon - Enhanced Exalted, E. Shadow, +12 r99 Bloody, +12 r110 Bloody, +13++ r110 Bloody, +15++ Limited.

Belt - Exalted, PvE, Clan Hall/Ekimus/Tiat, Chef Monkey, Rulers, Enhanced Rulers

Circlet - +5 Standard Authority, +5 Noble Authority, +5 Radiant Authority

Dyes - +9 STR (free Exalted), +15 STR, +15/15 STR/CHA 

39 minutes ago, Rodah said:

Well actually he ask which were the best Epics not best gear in general.  I only point this out since you didn't tell him either (best epics or best gear) lol.  

14 hours ago, ThatNiceGuy88 said:

Could someone explain to me what the best epics and gear are for warrior

I provided him information on what to look for because if i were to tell him the best item i'd just suggest to open his wallet and grab his credit card and look for whatever is expensive and fits the slots in his bag.

telling him whats the best gear without knowing his budged would be only a useless effort on both our parts.

but anyway, lets keep this post on track.

u have provided good info on items.

the only point i disagree is on heavy set, to me the cooldown, VR and skill mastery are still better than pdef and 5% critical. But thats my play stile. 

here's my take on epics for a Tyrant

• +3 dragon earring and +12 atlas are the earrings combo to go for when using skill dps build on a Tyr - don't bother with jewels of gods earrings unless pvp/oly is a thing for you
  • lindvior and +12 atlas for pcrit dps build
  • bless valakas is best necklace unless u can afford gran kain jewel of gods ofc
  • trasken & ruler authority ring are more then sufficient for pcrit dps, jewels of gods rings adds only a lil more dps which doesn't justify the price tag
  • skill dps rings can be a combo of any of what has been mentioned before and if needed even a tauti ring will work as starting point

for a returning player I would just buy the 30 days epics pack which is good value and has most of the above items just not quite in the right order but it will deffi get you going and as said by Rodah get the paulina armor pack for the 30 days pskill crit damage ring :)

now a word of advise, decide what type of build you want to focus on as there's a huge price tag tied to going for both and sadly enough atm the servers have been dealing with ongoing bad melee lag aka the best dps build for Tyrant which is pcrit dps is heavily impacted in a negative manner - it forced me (lvl113+ Tyrant) to also acquire pskill crit items..

also set realistic expectations as the amount of gear you need to get to what goes for "best builds" doesn't come cheap aka better take the whole upgrading gear path 1 step at a time ;)

ps, no hvy set on a tyrant ever unless oly/pvp

Edited by Draecke
lmao hvy set on a tyrant

imho it's better to explain what are the core dps factors to be aware off for Tyr's

1. patt
  2. elemental patt
  3. pcrit damage
  4. str (cha) higher is always better
  5. pskill power
  6. pskill crit damage
  7. pskill crit rate
  8. pve damage
  9. raw damage increase items (like ruler belt)

obviously pending on build the focus of priority shifts a bit but for both builds the patt / elemental patt factors alot, elemental patt can best be boosted by using a R110 weapon as start point

3 hours ago, KingNothing said:

The only point i disagree is on heavy set, to me the cooldown, VR and skill mastery are still better than pdef and 5% critical. But thats my play stile. 

4% VR is irrelevant so it basically comes down to which is better 10% Skill Reuse and 14% Skill Mastery or 5% Critical / P. Skill Critical Damage.

As far as Skill Mastery is Concerned; I've run Berserker's Mortal AP (60% Skill Mastery) with a +10 Light Set and didn't notice a difference.  Skill Reuse is great but if you run Eva's and other reuse items/skills 10% is no longer that big a difference.  

well light set also has P./ M. Skill Power +5% so hvy really only makes sense if 1. u need the pdef or 2. ur using pcrit dps build and don't care about the skill re use time that much

dual class gear can also be a factor aka it's ofc logic to try have same type gear on main & dual to save money

anyways differences are minimal so let's not go to deep into it

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this was mentioned and I certainly may have missed it but it should be mentioned the best setup depends on your goals as a Tyrr at this point and version of the game. Do you want to roll PvE or PvP? I think it was kind of not directly mentioned but it has to be considered since it will change your course one way or the other.

AND if you choose PvP it will even change if you decide on Olympiad or Siege or both.

Everything above is accurate for sure. As a new returning player your focus should be getting back to learning your characters as you work towards level 110. From 105 until 110 there is a lot to learn and digest about your character.
Either way working on getting a +12 weapon, +10 set and talismans (seven signs, Insanity, Venir 16+, Abundance 1 or 4) will all be a great place to start and keep you busy for a long time. If you are investing then yeah getting into jewelry is great as well which is all mentioned above as to what items might be best.

Just for reference and your own edification I have been back playing hard since October and I am a fairly constant conservative investor and I have very little mentioned above when it comes to those jewelry and would consider myself mid grade at this point as a 110 Dreadnought. I have also within the last two months started transitioning to PvP as well so my goals have changed. All worth mentioning as a player I think. Hope it helps.

And yes, I know I am late to the party here.

Edited by Clobberstomp