Help me understand this game

Hello everyone,

Can someone please explain the game format?

it's been 2 weeks now since i started playing L2, and all I'm doing is set pt's for 7-8 hours at some farm zone, another set for this "once a day" Coal Mine or whatever, and so goes on the routine.

L2 has never been so stacked with "live" ppl tbh, exept that all these "live" ppl are AFK day and night. so what's the point? if this game has become just another sort of a facebook game, auto farm, press a button here, press a button there, and the story isn't even that interesting. WHAT IS THE POINT???

i'm sure there's more to it, and i'm the only one missing all the fun here. so please, can someone enlighten me, would u be so kind to tell me why is this game still so popular, if we are actually not even really playing it anymore and let the auto macro take over?

thanks in advance, appreciate all answers

What you see is what you get. They removed all of the interesting quests and content. They've made it nearly impossible to do anything rewarding in game without involving your credit card. PVP is supposed to be the most fun you can have -- at least that's what everyone claims -- but the classes are so imbalanced that it can't possibly be true, and the elites are all hoarders who have zero risk of losing anything ...unless they do something stupid like break the EULA while being recorded.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lineage 2. Enjoy your stay.

10 hours ago, BlackIce said:

What you see is what you get. They removed all of the interesting quests and content. They've made it nearly impossible to do anything rewarding in game without involving your credit card. PVP is supposed to be the most fun you can have -- at least that's what everyone claims -- but the classes are so imbalanced that it can't possibly be true, and the elites are all hoarders who have zero risk of losing anything ...unless they do something stupid like break the EULA while being recorded.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lineage 2. Enjoy your stay.

It's not the classes, it's the gear.  98% of server can't compete with that 2%'s gear, and never will at this rate.

14 hours ago, Degus said:

It's not the classes, it's the gear.  98% of server can't compete with that 2%'s gear, and never will at this rate.

It's both. A tank in end-game gear still doesn't own all classes or xp as fast as an archer in end-game gear would.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, BlackIce said:

That was my point. He said that gear, not class, determined outcomes. I was pointing out that it's deeper than that. 

I kinda agree with degus still. If you constantly have end-game gear class doesn't matter all that much because you're mostly competing with toons that don't have half your gear. When comparing equally end game geared toons then sure, class matters and so do scripts although people won't talk about those for obvious reasons.