L8000 LCoin box price

• L2 Team
3 hours ago, Enthused said:

How much is an L8000 LCoin box going to cost?

Will LCoins drop from mobs?

Heya @Enthused, we haven't released pricing on L2 Coin yet, but keep watching for more information in the coming weeks. To answer your other question, L2 Coin will not be dropped by mobs.

Guest Delse
6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Heya @Enthused, we haven't released pricing on L2 Coin yet, but keep watching for more information in the coming weeks. To answer you're other question, L2 Coin will not be dropped by mobs.

what type of things will be available in the LCoin store? 

Guest Muash
  • will be able to get full gear on day 1? or we will have 1-2 weeks of decent pvp with everybody with same gear b4 getting hard p2w?

1 hour ago, Guest Muash said:
  • will be able to get full gear on day 1? or we will have 1-2 weeks of decent pvp with everybody with same gear b4 getting hard p2w?

I doubt they will say for right now. I would guess that the first lootboxes will hit the store after 1-2 weeks from launch. It's hard to say though. If you look at the phrases being used to describe Aden, it sounds like they are taking a slight detour from the EU Essence model that we all know. Taking a guess here, but the general monetization will be the same, but the way it is done will slightly differ. At least we should all hope so, seeing the disaster that EU Rose/Pink turned out to be.

1-2 weeks will be enough to kill the new service if they continue with the "milk the cow" strategy, if that's the case the prognosis is 1000's of curious players coming in on day one and 100's of disappointed players leaving on week 2 and from there on a constant leakage of players until it dies out 3-4 months latter. I do hope I'm wrong, but the "free to play", (which in reality has always meant "pay to win"), business model is the cause. Now, there is one chance and one alone to do this right, this is by pacing the special items carefully (i.e. not releasing dragon weapons within 6 months or even dragon underwear to get a quick buck), let us be happy with our AQ rings and +7 weapons for a while, allow adena to flow and people that can't afford it make a living in game, but this is daydreaming, it won't happen. I devoted years of my life to this game and spent thousands of dollars on it, so I know what I am talking about, I saw the "Classic" servers go live with hope only to see them kill the game once again. Will I come back?, maybe... it's a hard choice, it was hard and painful to get out, not sure I want to get hooked or worst... heartbroken again, i may be better off letting the game die in peace for me.

The biggest worry that people should have here is that the premium currency used to buy the necessary p2w items, L2 Coins, will not be dropping from mobs. This directly translates to the F2p and low spending players having very little, if any, access to the currency that is required to compete.

Farming adena will not be enough for these players to ever catch up, at any point during this project's lifespan. Never. The premium currency that is used to purchase p2w items, L2 Coins in the case of these servers, MUST  also drop from mobs. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it has to be enough to pay for 100% rezzes when you die, and enough to feasibly catch up within a certain amount of time. 

I have played on 3 different Official Essence servers (known as Aden servers in KR and NA), these being Red, Blue, and Rose. These servers did not have premium currency on mob drop.

I have played on 2 different Private Essence servers (I won't mention names). These servers did have premium currency on mob drop. 

I have played on these 5 servers, and I can tell you from experience, the difference between them in terms of the player population and retention, is astounding. The F2P players on the Officials were second class citizens. No chance to ever  catch up. They quickly quit the game once this fact sets in, and the server's population tanks and dies. And the opposite of this is true in reference to the illegal servers with premium currency drops.

Just something to think about. That's my 2 L2 Coins.

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Heya @Enthused, we haven't released pricing on L2 Coin yet, but keep watching for more information in the coming weeks. To answer your other question, L2 Coin will not be dropped by mobs.

I see you're new to l2. Not sure what other ncwest game you worked on before here, but L2 in NA has had a huge bot problem that juji has ignored for years and years. The company that runs L2 in EU does a much better job, and bots actually don't exist on those servers, and people don't use scripting in pvp. Is Ncwest actually doing to do something about the bot program, or is it pointless to start here in NA? 

35 minutes ago, Enthused said:

The biggest worry that people should have here is that the premium currency used to buy the necessary p2w items, L2 Coins, will not be dropping from mobs. This directly translates to the F2p and low spending players having very little, if any, access to the currency that is required to compete.

Farming adena will not be enough for these players to ever catch up, at any point during this project's lifespan. Never. The premium currency that is used to purchase p2w items, L2 Coins in the case of these servers, MUST  also drop from mobs. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it has to be enough to pay for 100% rezzes when you die, and enough to feasibly catch up within a certain amount of time. 

I have played on 3 different Official Essence servers (known as Aden servers in KR and NA), these being Red, Blue, and Rose. These servers did not have premium currency on mob drop.

I have played on 2 different Private Essence servers (I won't mention names). These servers did have premium currency on mob drop. 

I have played on these 5 servers, and I can tell you from experience, the difference between them in terms of the player population and retention, is astounding. The F2P players on the Officials were second class citizens. No chance to ever  catch up. They quickly quit the game once this fact sets in, and the server's population tanks and dies. And the opposite of this is true in reference to the illegal servers with premium currency drops.

Just something to think about. That's my 2 L2 Coins.

This, if Lcoin doesn't drop from mobs(or unless L8K packs are like $1 each there is no reason to play this server unless they don't release any p2w items at the start, then MAYBE there might be some decent pvp at the start of the server until they start adding the boxes. Even then though this version of the game is more pvp vs afk farming characters or just pking everyone, so maybe not.

2 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

I see you're new to l2. Not sure what other ncwest game you worked on before here, but L2 in NA has had a huge bot problem that juji has ignored for years and years. The company that runs L2 in EU does a much better job, and bots actually don't exist on those servers, and people don't use scripting in pvp. Is Ncwest actually doing to do something about the bot program, or is it pointless to start here in NA? 

From my experience on essence bots aren't really an issue since there is a built in bot to farm and spam pots, not saying they don't exist but it seems kind of pointless based on how the game works.

2 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

This, if Lcoin doesn't drop from mobs(or unless L8K packs are like $1 each there is no reason to play this server unless they don't release any p2w items at the start, then MAYBE there might be some decent pvp at the start of the server until they start adding the boxes. Even then though this version of the game is more pvp vs afk farming characters or just pking everyone, so maybe not.

From my experience on essence bots aren't really an issue since there is a built in bot to farm and spam pots, not saying they don't exist but it seems kind of pointless based on how the game works.

No, you can use them to run back to same spot, can use them to for pvp, chain skills and assist faster than humans can. Doesn't happen in EU, because that company actually catches and bans people. 

5 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

No, you can use them to run back to same spot, can use them to for pvp, chain skills and assist faster than humans can. Doesn't happen in EU, because that company actually catches and bans people. 

I was probably too busy getting 2 shot by every titan and dk on Rose to ever run into that problem lmao

• L2 Team
13 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

Heya @J0nSnow - I've assisted in a fair number of NC titles. I won't make any promises apart from the fact that I'll be sure to put any issues in front of the people that can make the changes. There's a lot of great features coming with Aden—give it a try when it releases and then go from there.

Just now, Sunshine said:

Heya @J0nSnow - I've assisted in a fair number of NC titles. I won't make any promises apart from the fact that I'll be sure to put any issues in front of the people that can make the changes. There's a lot of great features coming with Aden—give it a try when it releases and then go from there.

thanks for the quick responses. I know all about essence, i've played it on multiple servers in EU. 

I know you wont mention l2 coin prices, but how many coins will each pack contain? For instance, in EU they are called l8k's, because each pack contains 8k l coins in them. Each pack over there costs $20 EU. Thats the majority of the reason, they have 25 active people across 2 servers (they just had to merge the servers they opened 5 months ago). Pricing is the main reason why. Just something to think about. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

As Jon stated, there is a bot program that automatically rezzes you upon death, teleports you right back to the farm spot, and begins farming again. This is especially important in a very heavy PK game, that these servers will end up being.

Not many people used this on EU, but some did. If you are the one pking them, you quickly realize that you are wasting your own time, because you cannot stop them from farming.

2 minutes ago, Enthused said:

As Jon stated, there is a bot program that automatically rezzes you upon death, teleports you right back to the farm spot, and begins farming again. This is especially important in a very heavy PK game, that these servers will end up being.

Not many people used this on EU, but some did. If you are the one pking them, you quickly realize that you are wasting your own time, because you cannot stop them from farming.

Yeah that makes sense, I guess I never really thought of it because I always would just remote in periodically through the day to check my character.

6 minutes ago, Guest D4rkFaCe said:

No coin drop from mobs? no pa whit almsot 1k coin every day? its fade to fail before the launch 

I know. If free to play and poorer players don't have a way to farm the currency that is used to purchase the necessary p2w items, then they will have no shot to ever amount to anything on these servers. They won't be able to obtain the items necessary to ever even survive 1 hit from a big spender. It's a sad reality and I hope it gets changed.

Guest Snoozel

After the complete fail and embarrassment of l2 classic, i wish i could say im surprised to see ncsoft going for another money grab and pushing another  shitty p2w game off nostalgia.

• L2 Team
52 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

thanks for the quick responses. I know all about essence, i've played it on multiple servers in EU. 

I know you wont mention l2 coin prices, but how many coins will each pack contain? For instance, in EU they are called l8k's, because each pack contains 8k l coins in them. Each pack over there costs $20 EU. Thats the majority of the reason, they have 25 active people across 2 servers (they just had to merge the servers they opened 5 months ago). Pricing is the main reason why. Just something to think about. 

You're getting to know me too well! :P Truly, I can't tell you much about the L2 Coin pricing at this time, but for sure appreciate the feedback!