SLOW XP...

deputatu1

4 hours ago, Poisey said:

Not sure this version (Aden) matches what was advertised. I played L2 from start till it went F2P, so the grind and the lack of information for me is not a problem (standard L2, lol). But this grinding in only one place monotonously for 10 levels and then do it in another place for ten levels, etc. etc. is bonkers.  At least in original L2 we could grind in various places with various mobs and finding the type of mobs best for killing with your class was interesting/challenging.

As for the dungeon, it's not for the casual player. It's for the person that is buying all the boxes, crates, packs, blah blah blah.  It's not about using skill to get thru it, which is disappointing. Maybe next time a more layered approach to the dungeon with tiers getting harder with payouts getting better, etc.  At least let people make it thru the 1st or 2nd round with basic gear and buffs to entice them?

I just hit the Pay Wall at level 41. I don't really want to monitor a list of 5 different items in order to level somewhat competitively.  I miss the days of subs when you could pay monthly and enjoy the game. Not this nickel and dime you to death for buff pots, watch your lamp, watch your buffs, start Sayha.   Can't wait for the next big idea. Maybe a Valakas XP/SP/Adena candle to place next to your grind spot that requires matches from the L2 store to light it. Then people can PVP for these spots with a candle? But then you can also buy a floating candle base that follows you, of course this will be only from the L2 store also. LOL  Did I mention that I prefer subscriptions? 🙂

3 hours ago, xBuzzz said:

They don't understand that for a p2w model to flourish, they need a good f2p model too, otherwise the f2p people leave, and the whales leave also. You need a good f2p model so f2p players stay, and populate the game, which gives whales a reason to spend loads of cash. All the best p2w models do this, but unfortunately these guys, through greed, are just strangling themselves also.

I started playing since C4 and grinded for years and years, grind don't bother me. But if there is no payout and all you can see that you earn 1 adena. And in "fast" levelining server you don't have enough SP to learn all skills when you get them is not fun.

I don't mind subscription too when it feels like I'm improving already decent/good gameplay. At the moment all those bonus XP/SP/Adena feels mandatory NOT optional. You have to entice players to improve your gameplay/ quality of life not literally hold it behind paywall. Make leveling fun and worthwhile, with bits of enchanting in-between.

For me it feels like they wanted to mimic private-PVP servers where people jump in to have "fast" leveling and enchanting fun. And if they really wanted something even close to it, they missed the mark.

2 hours ago, Bardda said:

I started playing since C4 and grinded for years and years, grind don't bother me. But if there is no payout and all you can see that you earn 1 adena. And in "fast" levelining server you don't have enough SP to learn all skills when you get them is not fun.

I don't mind subscription too when it feels like I'm improving already decent/good gameplay. At the moment all those bonus XP/SP/Adena feels mandatory NOT optional. You have to entice players to improve your gameplay/ quality of life not literally hold it behind paywall. Make leveling fun and worthwhile, with bits of enchanting in-between.

For me it feels like they wanted to mimic private-PVP servers where people jump in to have "fast" leveling and enchanting fun. And if they really wanted something even close to it, they missed the mark.

You aren't cut out for essence, and should probably quit. It was said 1000 times here, this version is heavily p2w, even pay to progress. 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, JohnnyRico said:

1-76 takes about a week.

76-80 will be about another week.

Uhh no honey. Not true. Without paying to win it will take normal players around a month to hit 76.

My spellhowler is level 52 and getting 0.04% per mob kill. It's incredibly slow. And thats WITH bonus 600% boosted exp.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:29 PM, Gustin1 said:

You aren't cut out for essence, and should probably quit. It was said 1000 times here, this version is heavily p2w, even pay to progress. 

Me thinking Naia was super extreme p2w then join aden and wtf Naia looks like nice server where u at least can make some adenas hhahaha, 110% disappointed with this new aden server...is the extreme of the extreme of a p2w game...4 adena at lv64? are u kidding me? lol need to pay to get adenas? is freaking crazy...

1 hour ago, Sharlanna said:

Sure glad I didn't bother with this Aden server. Sounds like it's a lot of "fun". /sarcasm off

is 101% crap...no money = no adena, is one of the worst servers I ever seen in my life, Naia/Chronos compared to Aden is the best server ever just imagine...if no changes server will be zombieland, just with a bunch of adicted spenders fighting against his shadows...

4 minutes ago, J0nSnow said:

Yeah. A lot of clowns don't realize you can actually play live and get much better results, and want to afk everything just because it's available.

The thing is, without Saya, grinding is pretty much worthless, and to get  enough Saya to AOE grind hardcore, you need to spend insane amounts of money in the game. So really, who's the clown here ?

3 minutes ago, Alechiel said:

The thing is, without Saya, grinding is pretty much worthless, and to get  enough Saya to AOE grind hardcore, you need to spend insane amounts of money in the game. So really, who's the clown here ?

Since these servers were announced, people were told about having go pay for sayha blessings to xp and get adena. Did people not actually listen, or do research, or go play essence on EU? Join EU discord to talk to players there? They could have done any number of things to learn about essence between it was announced and launched. So as I said, clowns.

Well I don't believe this is getting better by the opposite.
To be honest the rate  and some particularities of the system, recalls me the old times on C1 (yes I am that old), only missing dropping adena when you die sometimes lol, what is a bit pathetic.  I am currently with +680% at 64 and each mob gives around 0.01 (white mobs), what makes me wondering if the normal rate is even showed on the % on XP bar..
I want to play.. not to bot (sorry but auto play is nice, but really recalls me of the bots xD) neither play on a server full of them (legal or not)

Anyway, i don't think many will stay  playing if something don't change dramatically (not repeating what everyone already mention before).

But is kinda disappointment.. specially because of the expectations created by the announcements.
Regarding solo, well did my transcendent Dungeon 2x = 20 min, got nice XP (not omg considering the boosts I had, but again is only 20 min per day.. So the rest of time we do what? Auto play and log in another game? :P