Returning player, what class to play?

TriHard

why dont you try L2 Aden for a change. On live servers the ONLY think you will get to do is insatnces that you will get 1shot, will only complete if you have a good group, ( 105 dailies require you to be 110 with at least 1500$ worth of gear), there is no way in hell you can kill any sort of raibosses and you are never gonna pvp at all. you will hit the paywall the moment you step out of hellbound, cuz trust me, that is where you will be xping until you hit 110, after that at any location, reality will hit you as well as the insane dmg that mobs do. I did try to go to Aligator Island at 110, boy i got 3 shot by mobs and trust me I had gear.

I am not gonna lie, Essence (l2 Aden) is not that hard, you can still catch up within a month or so, if you know what you are doing. Real numbers, with $300 right now on Aden, you can do a lot, with $300 on Live servers, you cant buy anything at all or whatever you buy, its not gonna be enough.

I came back on february, spent a good $2000, I was lucky enough to get a ruby 5 for free and a Blessed valakas from an Event and once the last update hit, when they increased the difficulty in mobs , i had to throw anothe $1000 to buy gear to be able to earn 320m/day in the IoS instance.

The money you need to spend is unreal, if aden was not out, I would for sure be close to 4.5-5k already and like I said, no pvp, no action, nothing, just watch your toon hit mobs and babysit it, when you need to go from one location to another. 

Sure I am missing endgame content, but to get there, I need like a good $2k more, you can join a ToI party at 113 in some cases or 114. If you really like L2 and want to enjoy it, then I would suggest you try Aden (you still need money) and have fun. 

5 minutes ago, Connex said:

why dont you try L2 Aden for a change. On live servers the ONLY think you will get to do is insatnces that you will get 1shot, will only complete if you have a good group, ( 105 dailies require you to be 110 with at least 1500$ worth of gear), there is no way in hell you can kill any sort of raibosses and you are never gonna pvp at all. you will hit the paywall the moment you step out of hellbound, cuz trust me, that is where you will be xping until you hit 110, after that at any location, reality will hit you as well as the insane dmg that mobs do. I did try to go to Aligator Island at 110, boy i got 3 shot by mobs and trust me I had gear.

I am not gonna lie, Essence (l2 Aden) is not that hard, you can still catch up within a month or so, if you know what you are doing. Real numbers, with $300 right now on Aden, you can do a lot, with $300 on Live servers, you cant buy anything at all or whatever you buy, its not gonna be enough.

I came back on february, spent a good $2000, I was lucky enough to get a ruby 5 for free and a Blessed valakas from an Event and once the last update hit, when they increased the difficulty in mobs , i had to throw anothe $1000 to buy gear to be able to earn 320m/day in the IoS instance.

The money you need to spend is unreal, if aden was not out, I would for sure be close to 4.5-5k already and like I said, no pvp, no action, nothing, just watch your toon hit mobs and babysit it, when you need to go from one location to another. 

Sure I am missing endgame content, but to get there, I need like a good $2k more, you can join a ToI party at 113 in some cases or 114. If you really like L2 and want to enjoy it, then I would suggest you try Aden (you still need money) and have fun. 

Yea, that's why I plan to not start buying boosts like prestige even if it's cheap. Also I tried essence in the past and it's a very weird game to me, doesn't feel like L2. But then again, I think none of the version today fit the good old L2 at least from official servers. NCSoft just decided to throw the game in the trashcan and not bother about their product. I'm just gonna play a little bit and find another game or fresh upcoming priv server.

1 minute ago, TriHard said:

Yea, that's why I plan to not start buying boosts like prestige even if it's cheap. Also I tried essence in the past and it's a very weird game to me, doesn't feel like L2. But then again, I think none of the version today fit the good old L2 at least from official servers. NCSoft just decided to throw the game in the trashcan and not bother about their product. I'm just gonna play a little bit and find another game or fresh upcoming priv server.

5000 players for $15 a month is $75.000 a month, some have at least 2 accounts, that is $150.000 per month from a fully packed server, lets say 200.000$. The new model gives them more money cuz prestige is a must, plus everything else you buy from the L2 store, with less people. Less money for outsourced support, average servers etc.

Yes essence is a little bit weird, but I will tell you that I have not enjoyed L2 since 2014.... Gear is new, classes have the same names but have been adjusted to be self sustainable, in terms of buffs and skills. There are no party buffs and every1 can ask solo XP.

There is still the biggest ELEPHANT in the room

1%/day xp at all levels *unless you spend lots for pots/boost

Just imagine reaching lvl110 in 6 months time (help by the xp Event) and then you figured lvl111  is 3 month away, lvl112 is another 3months
What about dual class? 😍 another 6 months

and after spending $$$$ to gear up and leveled up, Hey maybe no you can kill some other stuff instead of alligators ..... BUT ncsoft just nerfed your gear and dmg, you're back to farming alligator skin🤩

on the good side, lots of nice bag to be had if they enable crafting
OH wait, they remove all crafting already 🤫

No one should XP outside XP event a new toon.

Best you can do is lvl main class to the maximum you can do within 7 days. Buy Pass to do coals as much as possible. And do Castilla every day.

Focus on a Yul or Eviscerator since they XP fairly quick at the beginning.

People tends to lvl other toons which in my opinion is a waste of time. Level that Yul or Eviscerator as quick as possible.

Yuls are more expensive to gear at the beginning that is why you should go with an Eviscerator since it is cheaper for a decent damage output.

During a good XP event and some cakes & potions you can make a toon 1-110 in a 3 weeks interval if you get the right help. After that keep lvling it until Red Libra comes and change to the class you like the most.

Tanks, healers are good too, since you can gear them fairly cheap and make a decent dual class over time for them.