Returning player, what class to play?

TriHard

Hello,

I have ~19bil cash, +12 PVE R99 fists 3SA (which I can trade for similar weapon), some basic gear like ring of creation, baium, circlet.

Overall I am not very rich and I was thinking to come back to play.

What class should I make so I can start farming some adena and why? Or what strategy/trio boxes can I make?

4 hours ago, TriHard said:

What class should I make so I can start farming some adena and why? Or what strategy/trio boxes can I make?

None can farm meaningful adena amount without spending x10 the amount in gear 🤣

Fastest adena farm is buy event box and sell, rate is now 1ncoin:10kk adena
give few more months and rate will go up again

Lots of toon 115++ above (You can check server ranking) are farming easy 10-150B / week or even more, there is no way to spend/burn off the adena's farmed
Check forum QQ of these player of having 1T limitation, they running out of WH toons

There is no hope for a returning/new player to catch up , whatever adena you farm in hope for buying gear, you're outbid by the server trillionaires

Give up while you can 🤩

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TriHard said:

Hello,

I have ~19bil cash, +12 PVE R99 fists 3SA (which I can trade for similar weapon), some basic gear like ring of creation, baium, circlet.

Overall I am not very rich and I was thinking to come back to play.

you will have to spend some serious $$ to be able to make adena.
what level are you? what gear you got?

So, there is not a single way to progress from zero? That's nonsense. I don't expect to be a top player but I expect to be able to progress in some way. Is spoiler any useful here? Are there spots for single target farming or all is AOE now? What kinda instance I can make maybe in boxes that I can farm solo etc etc.

Again, I am still trying to choose what to play, and the gear i mentioned i can sell for other gear

Actually, I've been playing a bit and the game has just too many issues. Thanks NCSoft for ruining the most fun mmorpg out there with crap design that caters to p2w whales and keep normal players out of the game by making designs that normal people can't make any adena or any items even if they pay with real money they still don't make items. Game crashes for no reason also and launcher think game is still running lol. All good, dead game and devs should have seen this coming with their designs to only keep whales and push everyone else to quit.

2 hours ago, Mordue said:

There are ways to make some money, but patience is a factor, and finding ways to make adena  is key. Unfortunately, they like to take methods away so I don’t dare post any. If on naia message me I can give you a few examples.

Thank you but I am not on Naia

14 hours ago, TriHard said:

Actually, I've been playing a bit and the game has just too many issues. Thanks NCSoft for ruining the most fun mmorpg out there with crap design that caters to p2w whales and keep normal players out of the game by making designs that normal people can't make any adena or any items even if they pay with real money they still don't make items. Game crashes for no reason also and launcher think game is still running lol. All good, dead game and devs should have seen this coming with their designs to only keep whales and push everyone else to quit.

Evisc is cheapest solution for what u want to do. If not that, spoiler. 

4 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

Evisc is cheapest solution for what u want to do. If not that, spoiler. 

How so, I was told game is all about AOE and evi only have single target, also am not sure how to make any adena with evi because I didn't play for a long time everything is new

2 minutes ago, TriHard said:

How so, I was told game is all about AOE and evi only have single target, also am not sure how to make any adena with evi because I didn't play for a long time everything is new

evi is cheap high single target damage. If you want AOE dualclass archer or whatever. But evi is easy to exp, cheap to equip, and can farm decent adena. All you need is a 50 euro/usd +10 blessed exalted set and the gear you already have. That will get you to 112 with relative ease. 

AOE is optimal exp/farm. Optimal isn't always attainable

2 minutes ago, Mete said:

evi is cheap high single target damage. If you want AOE dualclass archer or whatever. But evi is easy to exp, cheap to equip, and can farm decent adena. All you need is a 50 euro/usd +10 blessed exalted set and the gear you already have. That will get you to 112 with relative ease. 

AOE is optimal exp/farm. Optimal isn't always attainable

Ok I can try that, do I need evi + iss box? which ISS, hierophant? Also where to farm for adena and items with evi?

1 minute ago, TriHard said:

Ok I can try that, do I need evi + iss box? which ISS, hierophant? Also where to farm for adena and items with evi?

a box is useful. And generally a good idea to level said box to 107 so they can enter all the instances with you aside from TOI.

Which iss, up to you. Hiero is best in terms of damage. Personally I prefer domi cause it's easy to keep them out of party without running complicated macros. Downside, you need a clan that both your main and domi can be members of, and it can be a bit expensive running a domi [they burn through spirit ore for buffs]

where to farm, nowhere till 109 or so. After that Isle of Souls is good adena for an hour (+ any overtime you buy with ncoins) [you can enter IOS at 107 but probably can't really kill there till 109] and Forrest of Mirrors that you can pretty much farm 23/7 

Keep in mind 105-109 will cost some adena, drops suck, consumables are expensive so spend your money wisely.

Also it's a good idea, if it's a new character, to try and 105 main and dual class in the "free" week of vitality rune you get at 85. Right now with the event buff it's doable.

9 minutes ago, Mete said:

a box is useful. And generally a good idea to level said box to 107 so they can enter all the instances with you aside from TOI.

Which iss, up to you. Hiero is best in terms of damage. Personally I prefer domi cause it's easy to keep them out of party without running complicated macros. Downside, you need a clan that both your main and domi can be members of, and it can be a bit expensive running a domi [they burn through spirit ore for buffs]

where to farm, nowhere till 109 or so. After that Isle of Souls is good adena for an hour (+ any overtime you buy with ncoins) [you can enter IOS at 107 but probably can't really kill there till 109] and Forrest of Mirrors that you can pretty much farm 23/7 

Keep in mind 105-109 will cost some adena, drops suck, consumables are expensive so spend your money wisely.

Also it's a good idea, if it's a new character, to try and 105 main and dual class in the "free" week of vitality rune you get at 85. Right now with the event buff it's doable.

I hesitate between: evi, gk, titan, maestro or spoiler
Ppl tell me to go titan but idk if i should, also if i go titan i must make it on dual because i dont like orc race.
What race is best for titan? I will pick that race make a main class and make titan dual.
Can i play titan with light set to share with main class? Or titan use heavy all time now?

Titan is a bit expensive, IMO, you will need multiple weapons, plus optimal for Titans is P.Skill Crit Damage build, which is 3-4 times more expensive than P.Attack Crit Damage (eviscerator). But yeah light works fine. For specific advice on titans I would defer to people that play it as a main, perhaps ask/read in the relevant warrior subforum for class specific advice.

You don't really need to dual titan. Red Libra is on, choose whatever race/class you want, level your character to 85 (20 minutes) claim free stone of destiny (one per account), switch to titan. That option will be available for 2 weeks. I know Kamael titans work well, again for specific class advice on titans post in the relevant forum to get attention from people that play the class. 

1 hour ago, Mete said:

Titan is a bit expensive, IMO, you will need multiple weapons, plus optimal for Titans is P.Skill Crit Damage build, which is 3-4 times more expensive than P.Attack Crit Damage (eviscerator). But yeah light works fine. For specific advice on titans I would defer to people that play it as a main, perhaps ask/read in the relevant warrior subforum for class specific advice.

You don't really need to dual titan. Red Libra is on, choose whatever race/class you want, level your character to 85 (20 minutes) claim free stone of destiny (one per account), switch to titan. That option will be available for 2 weeks. I know Kamael titans work well, again for specific class advice on titans post in the relevant forum to get attention from people that play the class. 

How come pskill over normal damage on titan? they used to be all about attacking not skills

what used to be and what is changes. Right now the only classes that IMO can do autoattacks (so pattack crit) are evi and maestro. They both (maestro after 106) have a passive/buff that takes 30% of the mob's HP and triggers on auto attacks. Everybody else has to focus on skills. So Skill Crit Damage items are very expensive.

1 hour ago, Mete said:

what used to be and what is changes. Right now the only classes that IMO can do autoattacks (so pattack crit) are evi and maestro. They both (maestro after 106) have a passive/buff that takes 30% of the mob's HP and triggers on auto attacks. Everybody else has to focus on skills. So Skill Crit Damage items are very expensive.

Well i changed my fists for slasher and made kamael titan... it has SA crit rate + crit damage and crit damage... later i will change to better but i heard its best to go normal crit damage at first

8 hours ago, TriHard said:

Evisc and dagger use p atk crit dmg which is cheaper to obtain.

As others have said, if you don't plan to spend any RL cash, there is no real future in this game. But maybe that isn't so for you. 

Single target can work to clear a single spot of mobs.  Yes AoE is typically better. 

What exactly are you wanting to do in this game? Fun? Farm? Solo? Party? Compete? Pvp? 

2 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

Evisc and dagger use p atk crit dmg which is cheaper to obtain.

As others have said, if you don't plan to spend any RL cash, there is no real future in this game. But maybe that isn't so for you. 

Single target can work to clear a single spot of mobs.  Yes AoE is typically better. 

What exactly are you wanting to do in this game? Fun? Farm? Solo? Party? Compete? Pvp? 

Well there used to be clever ways to make adena but all of those are gone, my goal was to at least have a way to progress and build my char without having to spend more than a subscription like in other mmorpgs. It's just insane that the game has nothing to offer now. I expect to have fun progressing and get to a point where I can be less than a non-factor but from the looks of it you will need 10k$ just to be barely viable. So yea I will most likely quit.

1 hour ago, TriHard said:

Well there used to be clever ways to make adena but all of those are gone, my goal was to at least have a way to progress and build my char without having to spend more than a subscription like in other mmorpgs. It's just insane that the game has nothing to offer now. I expect to have fun progressing and get to a point where I can be less than a non-factor but from the looks of it you will need 10k$ just to be barely viable. So yea I will most likely quit.

In this game, you need the following "subscriptions":

Prestige = $15 / month

Destiny pack = 2k ncoin / month (~$25 to $28)

Planning an extra $50 a month would go a long way if spent smartly.

Your current gear, paired with the blessed exalted set  and making it +10 purchase from store, and with 2 iss (pom and swm) you can do quite a bit. You miss agathions / artifacts / la vies / cloak / and multiple other things.  Try to do the starter quest in gludio on your toon. See if you can for the la vies and quests.

To farm adena, you go to primevil isle, isle of souls, tower of insolence. These are listed in order of difficulty.

The game isn't as bad as some claim, but it's not viable as a free to play person. What fun you can get is truly up to what u want. The game is meant to be played afk 24/7 until you decide to do dailies or pvp. There's fun to be had for the right people, and how much u need to spend to have fun is totally up to u to decide. 

9 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

In this game, you need the following "subscriptions":

Prestige = $15 / month

Destiny pack = 2k ncoin / month (~$25 to $28)

Planning an extra $50 a month would go a long way if spent smartly.

Your current gear, paired with the blessed exalted set  and making it +10 purchase from store, and with 2 iss (pom and swm) you can do quite a bit. You miss agathions / artifacts / la vies / cloak / and multiple other things.  Try to do the starter quest in gludio on your toon. See if you can for the la vies and quests.

To farm adena, you go to primevil isle, isle of souls, tower of insolence. These are listed in order of difficulty.

The game isn't as bad as some claim, but it's not viable as a free to play person. What fun you can get is truly up to what u want. The game is meant to be played afk 24/7 until you decide to do dailies or pvp. There's fun to be had for the right people, and how much u need to spend to have fun is totally up to u to decide. 

I dont see prestige in shop, also, when you buy Blessed exalted heavy armor bundle from shop it comes +10?

prestige is a subscription you buy from https://www.lineage2.com/shop/prestige, it auto renews each month until you cancel

No blessed armor is 20 euro/dollars clean, with a lot of extras (jewelry, talismans, pots etc)

enchanting it to +10 is safe, you buy the enchants for 40 ncoin each from the l2store, what is it? 20000 ncoin for the 50 enchants? Around another 25 euro/usd

8 minutes ago, TriHard said:

I dont see prestige in shop, also, when you buy Blessed exalted heavy armor bundle from shop it comes +10?

Prestige is accessed from the webpage shop, much like ncoin. 

It comes +0, but the scrolls are extremely cheap and 100% success rate. You need 50 scrolls to make the entire armor +10. I think they're 40 ncoin each. 

I think the full set package and +10 scrolls is like 70ish usd total.