Aden Needs Grace (XP/Adena) or Imprint Item Changes

Jesta

Devs - If this server will become similar to Classic with constant loot boxes / pay to win events / etc..., then you need to remove the Adena drop reduction from Grace and/or change the pay items from imprint to tradeable. The game needs to be accessible to casual players so they can grind for items that come from pay to win events.

It was my understanding that the Grace Adena / XP penalty was added to force players to essentially create a monthly subscription fee of 480 NC coins. The server needs funding to operate and I don't have a problem with paying for a game through a subscription, but double dipping by forcing players into buying Grace and then preventing from getting necessary items through in-game means (trading for example) is pushing it too far.  Pendants, cloaks, etc.... all locked behind P2W imprint is getting very very greedy.

You are risking loosing a lot of the player base with this forced monthly subscription (or no adena) + non tradeable event items. This will ultimately lead to a dead server where the whales no longer want to reside.

At least in Classic a player could trade someone Adena for P2W items, which keeps things balanced. 

My guess is they implemented this structure to prevent legions of botters to farm adena for $15 a month per account. Bot trains plagued Classic and they willfully infringed on NCSoft's IP for their own financial gain. There used to be ban hammers every so often, but it seems enforcement is a thing of the past now. The TOS is meaningless.

I suggested for 2500 NCoin a month, they remove all the Sayha garbage, and give players 600% exp/sp for a month - also include 500 of each battle scroll. The alternative is the ghetto Sayha where you get 200% exp/sp but adena drops are nerfed by - what is it? 30%? 70%? I forgot because I didn't really get to see what the penalties were.

That, in my mind, is a good deal and I think players would take it.

What's going on right now is absolutely retarded. It's as if NCSoft wants to generate higher churn statistics.

Aden need balance... Items for 2000 Ncoin and 8000lcoin a day? lol... You just killed your game. Congratulations NCsoft You did it again.

Its so obvious that you do not wanna provide game... but just suck money from wallets... I hope the whales will stop pay this much.

@Juji

Well, it's clear to me that NCSoft gave up on a lot of things with Aden. So be it.

We can choose to participate or not.

It all comes down to preferences - what people want. You don't understand that, you will frustrate and alienate you customer base.

Not a wise economic strategy by any means.

Sounds like they need help pouring through all the data. Data tells a story and the story they've come up with isn't cogent with reality.

Yet, for whatever reason, people accept this as normal.

Me, personally, I do not. They need to fix a lot of things before I consider coming back. You can probably guess the probability or odds ratio of that happening.

They don't even police their own titles. What does that tell you? They've given up on enforcement in game, but on the boards? Mention a certain acronym and you get banned for a while. Tell me how any of this moves the game forward and helps their reputation...

I'd love to hear an explanation and people' s thoughts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jesta said:

Devs - If this server will become similar to Classic with constant loot boxes / pay to win events / etc..., then you need to remove the Adena drop reduction from Grace and/or change the pay items from imprint to tradeable. The game needs to be accessible to casual players so they can grind for items that come from pay to win events.

It was my understanding that the Grace Adena / XP penalty was added to force players to essentially create a monthly subscription fee of 480 NC coins. The server needs funding to operate and I don't have a problem with paying for a game through a subscription, but double dipping by forcing players into buying Grace and then preventing from getting necessary items through in-game means (trading for example) is pushing it too far.  Pendants, cloaks, etc.... all locked behind P2W imprint is getting very very greedy.

You are risking loosing a lot of the player base with this forced monthly subscription (or no adena) + non tradeable event items. This will ultimately lead to a dead server where the whales no longer want to reside.

At least in Classic a player could trade someone Adena for P2W items, which keeps things balanced. 

THEY AREN'T MAKING THIS GAME, SO BOTTING TRASH CAN TRY TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE GAME. 

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Hey Ncsoft... Do you really expect players to spend 700 dolars on event.. just to get random olly with afkers in team?

Thats more than joke..

I think they have a problem with mining data properly to determine what players are willing and able to spend. It's as if they expect everyone to be whales.

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

No... its different way... they do not care about players.. its the whales who are making them rich... its business..

Why would u care about 90% when the top 10% bring you most of the money..

Well, it certainly affects their reputation in my mind. They are quickly self-immolating themselves. 

36 minutes ago, loopback said:

That's why there are millions of prive servers. You pay a bit and you enjoy 100% of game content. 

Congratulations once more for killing the server. 

Maybe they want only the wales here, who knows. 

Well, I think that is highly possible. After all, they seem to get immunity from any sort of enforcement. Unfortunate.

Last time i played in NCSOFT server was in 2008-2009 in Goddess of Destruction. I had always to say to my frinds simpathetic words for NCSOFT. At the end of Augost i entered here for play again Lineage, the situation which i found was tragic and hurted a lot my sensibility as person and also as gamer (i play MMORPG for at least 20 years).

We must always help with purchase the game and i gave my part, but this system of Pay to Win is incredible and it is very away of any immagination. 

People who entered early and paid much, think they are big gamers and offend a bother all others like Frankie the KING of Aden. This for me it isn't accepted. If you paid for have everything please shut your mouth at least.

I am already gone, thank you NCSOFT

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, Jambi said:

I think they have a problem with mining data properly to determine what players are willing and able to spend. It's as if they expect everyone to be whales.

the real whales are 2%, and a another 8% real expenders, for the 90% left they put free stuff 3 o 4  times at year. They know what they do

On 10/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, Jambi said:

My guess is they implemented this structure to prevent legions of botters to farm adena for $15 a month per account. Bot trains plagued Classic and they willfully infringed on NCSoft's IP for their own financial gain. There used to be ban hammers every so often, but it seems enforcement is a thing of the past now. The TOS is meaningless.

I suggested for 2500 NCoin a month, they remove all the Sayha garbage, and give players 600% exp/sp for a month - also include 500 of each battle scroll. The alternative is the ghetto Sayha where you get 200% exp/sp but adena drops are nerfed by - what is it? 30%? 70%? I forgot because I didn't really get to see what the penalties were.

That, in my mind, is a good deal and I think players would take it.

What's going on right now is absolutely retarded. It's as if NCSoft wants to generate higher churn statistics.

This doesn't make any sense.  Yes, the original classic game had bot problems and farmers for years.  NCSoft was crushed and unable to deal with them.  However, that doesn't really apply to Aden as Live & Aden have built in bot programs now.  So how are you complaining about botting on servers where 100% of the player base can use built in bots?

The Sayha issue is essentially a scam, but the simple fix for that is to not fund the game.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, 4thcoming said:

This doesn't make any sense.  Yes, the original classic game had bot problems and farmers for years.  NCSoft was crushed and unable to deal with them.  However, that doesn't really apply to Aden as Live & Aden have built in bot programs now.  So how are you complaining about botting on servers where 100% of the player base can use built in bots?

The Sayha issue is essentially a scam, but the simple fix for that is to not fund the game.

They don't want 3rd parties capitalizing on the IP of the game. That's why. The botting function for "good players" is out of convenience more than anything else. 

And yes, Sayha is very problematic, along with other player behaviors that NCSoft refuses to enforce/constrain. Why bother under this regime?