So, about PVE/F2P players...

rarafahn

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing okay!

My question is: can a PVE/F2P player actually reach endgame content in this game? I don't mind getting killed by P2W players, I just want to enjoy what the game has to offer in terms of Instances and Epic Raids. Of course I imagine such content requires excelent gear, and that raises another question: are they still obtainable through grinding, or is it too late for that? (given that the inflation of the server's economy must be insane by now).

Anyways, thanks in advance!

tl;dr , NCsoft has destroyed lineage 2 and there is no chance for this game to get back to it's GLORY DAYS!

No. You cannot reach endgame content if you don't spend real money in this game. Being a pve/f2p player will take years to reach this content and then new content will be introduced. This means you will always be behind everyone.

Top items cannot be dropped from monsters/raids, you can only get them if you gamble in the l2 store promotion "events". Normal raids have a chance ofc to drop the normal armors like eternal/leviathan and krishna weapons but then you must enchant them and upgrade them to enhanced/bloody/limited. Keep in mind that all open field raid bosses are being killed by other players. All the other items like Gems (ruby, red cats eye, diamond etc, brooch, dragon shirt blablabla are obtainable from l2 store, ONLY)

A very recent example is this: https://www.lineage2.com/news/circlet-and-dragon-shirt-upgrade-packages 

As you can see in the article i've posted above, NC has reduced the chances to obtain Crystal of Dawn in the game as a DROP from monsters and they've added them for real money. This is what they do. 

Every item in the game is extremely overpriced. There are few people with endgame gear and they control all the market. You need to pay more than 70billions for the "cheapest" Dragon Shirt and/or Circlet to get stats +5 and +10%. 

The latest update "Storm of Terror" that went live last Wednesday made the mobs (monsters) even harder for ppl 105 to 115 lvl. No chance to get items, no chance to enjoy the game. 

In order to level up you MUST leave your character on auto farm 24/7 , from one weekly maintenance to the next. Your PC must always be on. 

NCSoft Team has made the game this way and it requires huge amount of real money, even if you want to go for normal xp. Instances and Epic raids are far from what they say. They have adjusted (reduced) the XP from mobs to force you buy XP potions. 

Of course you can login and check by yourself, especially now that they gave everyone the free exalted armor with XP/BUFF potions (save them for double xp event next month) but don't expect to make progress as a f2p/pve player.

Last but not least, don't get "fooled" by other players when they say "i am a f2p player". Endgame content is impossible to be achieved as a f2p player, so, don't believe them. Every person you see in the game has spent and still spending insane amount of money. 

• Like 3

Simple answer to your question - No

There's a hard pay wall at about 105, not sure if it's moved up since but doesn't seem like it. In fact, it seems to have regressed. No subscription and or destiny pack will give you the ability to scale that wall. Only cold hard cash. It's probably easier to get something that will help you survive these days via exalted store set and corresponding enchants but you will still be shelling out 50-100 bucks depending if you got a free set from event like the current that is giving away sets.

Once you hit 110 that's where the real fun starts. Unless you're super patient and willing to play the market which is very doable albeit low margins (and even then would require a small initial investment as new players literally have zero real capital to work with.) playing this game f2p is just not feasible. 

Honestly, at this point in my l2 "carrier" I would advise all new or returning players to reconsider. I couldn't in good faith recommend this game to anyone. It's plagued by "macro" users, RMT, GMs that don't give a flying F, over priced items on L2 store, wealth transfers server to server, extreme class imbalances... Just to name a few. Maybe the situation in Chronos is better but from what I've observed it's probably worse.

To put it in an easy to understand analogy, "Recommending this game is like recommending Heroin. Sure, you'll feel good in the start but at the end of the road it will destroy your life and you'll find yourself doing things you never thought yourself capable of just to survive."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rarafahn said:

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing okay!

My question is: can a PVE/F2P player actually reach endgame content in this game? I don't mind getting killed by P2W players, I just want to enjoy what the game has to offer in terms of Instances and Epic Raids. Of course I imagine such content requires excelent gear, and that raises another question: are they still obtainable through grinding, or is it too late for that? (given that the inflation of the server's economy must be insane by now).

Anyways, thanks in advance!

Can you reach end game as F2P. Sure. Are you willing to play 24/7 for the next 10 years?

ps the game has very little to offer aside from grinding for exp, and grinding for items. Epic raids are perma killed by 3 people, instances, well there are 4 or 5 that you do every day and get bored of pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Uninstall the game is the best 2022 resolution you can make.

The difference between our region and other is that we are the milking cow, while other regions enjoy the game at its full potential, while here we are struggling after each update more and more.

If you want to enjoy the game, I recommend you any other server or these here.

• Like 1