Fumb

So after the most recent update on 9/5/2023 the log in isnt working normally. The floating icon over windows times out and then it restarts the log in process resulting in two log ins. I notice two icons while the game is loading then have to close one out and sometimes just have to start all over again.

The Launcher doesn't minimize due to communication issues with the client/server(it no longer shows on launcher when you are logged in... so you can boot yourself by logging twice) The little gear in the upper right you can change the Launcher to close when starting the game and clicking X(and the setting to start the launcher when closing the game... avoid the minimize settings, they all seem flawed with the new communication issue).

On 9/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, Teribeth said:

The Launcher doesn't minimize due to communication issues with the client/server(it no longer shows on launcher when you are logged in... so you can boot yourself by logging twice) The little gear in the upper right you can change the Launcher to close when starting the game and clicking X(and the setting to start the launcher when closing the game... avoid the minimize settings, they all seem flawed with the new communication issue).

You should post this in last week's Maintenance(before it moves to Archive), there were a few people complaining about this.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, Teribeth said:

Is there a way to restore the Launcher? If I wipe my systems and start from scratch does the Launcher start working normal... or is this some kind of malicious attack on the verification server? I'm only back for Halloween... might stop in again for Christmas but Windows Security Verifications each time I start the Launcher seems like a PITA work-around to me(I may be awfully tempted to lower the Windows Security, but then again I could just hit my HDD with a hammer)

On 10/17/2023 at 7:11 PM, SAXnVl0LlNS said:

Is there a way to restore the Launcher? If I wipe my systems and start from scratch does the Launcher start working normal... or is this some kind of malicious attack on the verification server? I'm only back for Halloween... might stop in again for Christmas but Windows Security Verifications each time I start the Launcher seems like a PITA work-around to me(I may be awfully tempted to lower the Windows Security, but then again I could just hit my HDD with a hammer)

I don't think it is malicious, probably a version check type step in launching the client that is lagging out or has gotten disabled. Reloading Windows with all Updates and latest Drivers won't change a thing.